OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 13:27 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Well... perhaps "cover the whole taiwan area" is very bad choice of words... I should say takes a few hours drive to get to any point/city in the taiwan... not actually drive to each city/area...

I haven't been there so I don't know but two different person (who didn't know each other) told me the same thing so I assumed that was correct...

So I guess the correct one would be:
brabhamista wrote:
Just to encircle the island without leaving the main road would take the better part of a day and that doesn't even begin to "cover the whole taiwan area".

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 13:34 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

metal monkey wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
still out of town and will be home tonight. met and played with peter this morning...

Wow!!! must of been a long drive for you, how was the hit up?

I'll give a brief story at the other "members meet-up" thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 21:06 
Super User

Thks for all the input...
I must check the tour iternary and tour guide if any chance of passing by those mentioned

Hopefully it wont be too quiet during the chinese new year... would be going to Kaohsiung, Taipei, Taichung...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 23:18 
The Artist
The Artist

rokphish2 wrote:
Well... perhaps "cover the whole taiwan area" is very bad choice of words... I should say takes a few hours drive to get to any point/city in the taiwan... not actually drive to each city/area...

Just to make sure you know, it wasn't a dig at you - just a clarification. I hope you got that. Rok :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 23:18 
The Artist
The Artist

charlesj wrote:
Thks for all the input...
I must check the tour iternary and tour guide if any chance of passing by those mentioned

Hopefully it wont be too quiet during the chinese new year... would be going to Kaohsiung, Taipei, Taichung...

Sounds good, Charles. Have fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 01:59 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

brabhamista wrote:
Just to make sure you know, it wasn't a dig at you - just a clarification. I hope you got that. Rok :)

of course... no problem at all... besides you can't dig me as i'm pretty much the bottom of it... if you dig through me then you'd fall into the abyss... ok, not as funny as i first thought to be... moving on....

perhaps photos of the stores could be posted... i wonder how each stores from different cities and/or countries would be...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 15:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I'd have a hard time find a physical TT store anywhere near where I live. The closest I come to it is Rebel Sport. In the city I believe they have some sort of range, but out in the burbs here, all they have is a few chepa pre-mades! :shock: :roll:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject: Re: Taiwan TT shops
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 14:19 
Don Skaffa

Excuse me for posting in a very old thread, just want add a store for anybody's future reverence.

Yesterday visited a tabletennis store in Taipei http://www.tabletennis.tw/ .

If anybody want's to find it it's 5 minutes walking north of ZhongXiao XinSheng MRT station on the Bannan (Blue) line... it's on the right side of the road. They have a large selection, and great discounts. Make sure to ask about the actual prices, because they're usually quite a bit lower than what's stated on the in-store packaging (the website is accurate, yet doesn't cover nearly everything they sell).
Perhaps some stuff is interesting for international buyers too, as especially shoes seem cheap. Don't know about shipping/payment for international sales though.

Lastly, it's better if you can speak some Chinese. Though one of the owners speaks quite proper English, dealing with other sales people might require some more creativity.