OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 23:33 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Just watched it today and would like to give a recommendation for Brian Pace for a job well done!

I would tend to think that the video caters more to the intermediate player who is looking for links for improvement to his table tennis game. Brian Pace's Dynamic Harmony concept breaks down stroke concepts well enough to be understood clearly and directly.

I do not think that the video is suited to beginners as most beginners are concerned with getting the ball on the table and getting the strokes right. The video/DVD deconstructs strokes in a level that I think beginners are not concerned with, but intermediate players can certainly learn and understand well. The problem areas raised in the video are specifically the problem areas that many intermediate players have, and advanced/elite players have corrected.

Advanced/elite players might pick up a thing or two, but maybe not as much as the intermediate. I tend to think of elite players as complete and competitive; more or less they need honing on very different aspects such as fighting spirit, psychology, or tactics, no longer much on the physical side of table tennis. Not unless of course, they are currently reconstructing their strokes for a long term improvement.

Brian Pace delivers his lines clear and concise. You'd be surprised on how short the entire video 'feels', but certainly many bits and pieces to mull over and contemplate on. I would say less profound, more like wise.

Video is clear and the audio is very good. I usually don't like loud music as I like hearing the ball sounds, but that's the package.

Picked up a thing or two to try out in the gym next time. Excited to play again -- but curses, I have to wait till January!