OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 11:00 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Good to have you here!

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 11:00 

Blade: wood
FH: mark v
BH: hammond pro beta
Hi. I am a newbie here :)

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 11:54 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
ella.uther wrote:
Hi. I am a newbie here :)

Heya!! What wood are u using :p

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2016, 21:00 

Blade: BTY Hadraw VK
FH: BTY Sriver
BH: BTY Sriver EL
Hello,

I live in Japan, and recently started playing table tennis. I started going to a table tennis gym a few days each week for a couple of hours each time.

I'm making steady progress and having a great time learning.
Most practice sessions consist of hitting forehand and backhand balls from a robot, or sometimes with someone hitting balls to me.
Next is alternating between forehand and backhand hitting.

The rest of the time is spent playing with other people. Everyone rotates through the tables after each match.
It's a great experience for me, because I don't have any background in table tennis, other than playing in the barracks while in the Army years ago.

I'm mostly getting destroyed by kids of different ages during these practice matches, but a lot of the skills are coming together because of these practice sessions.

The instructor that owns the gym recommended that I use long pips on the backhand.
So I'm using the recommended setup.

I have a Palio Master, that I've put Nittaku Wallest (with adhesive already on it) on the backhand side.

To reinforce what I'm learning at the gym, I have a table in my living room (as well as a very cool wife).
So I practice hitting and serving into a net that I installed on the table.

Searching for long pips info revealed this forum.
I've been lurking for the past week. I wanted to introduce myself.

Cheers,
Mitch

(ALL+) Stiga Allround Evolution- FH Yasaka Mark V (2.0)- BH Butterfly Tackifire Drive (1.9).

"You have to DO something to the ball." -Leatherback

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 00:13 
Super User

MitchellS wrote:
Hello,

I live in Japan, and recently started playing table tennis. I started going to a table tennis gym a few days each week for a couple of hours each time.

I'm making steady progress and having a great time learning.
Most practice sessions consist of hitting forehand and backhand balls from a robot, or sometimes with someone hitting balls to me.
Next is alternating between forehand and backhand hitting.

The rest of the time is spent playing with other people. Everyone rotates through the tables after each match.
It's a great experience for me, because I don't have any background in table tennis, other than playing in the barracks while in the Army years ago.

I'm mostly getting destroyed by kids of different ages during these practice matches, but a lot of the skills are coming together because of these practice sessions.

The instructor that owns the gym recommended that I use long pips on the backhand.
So I'm using the recommended setup.

I have a Palio Master, that I've put Nittaku Wallest (with adhesive already on it) on the backhand side.

To reinforce what I'm learning at the gym, I have a table in my living room (as well as a very cool wife).
So I practice hitting and serving into a net that I installed on the table.

Searching for long pips info revealed this forum.
I've been lurking for the past week. I wanted to introduce myself.

Cheers,
Mitch

Heya mitch!!!! welcome , and you're gon be improving by leaps and bound with that kinda environment!!!!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 00:12 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Hi. Just realised I didn't do the introduction thing. I'm now 65, and live in the U.K., but grew up (4-14) in Adelaide, South Australia, where I used to play table tennis at school, and loved it. However, on the way by ship back to England, the day after coming second in both the singles and doubles on-board table tennis competition, I was diagnosed with acute rheumatism, which eventually lead to me spending months in hospital and even longer in bed at home. I was advised to avoid strenuous exercise for several years, and this is where my table tennis playing pretty much ceased. I did take a shot at the university team, but by then had not played for several years, so...

I am now trying to get back into it, and love it as much as ever. And getting better by the week. Not league yet of course, and have two arthritic knees, but WTH.

Anyway, a question. I just found my first proper bat, which I received for Christmas 1963, iirc. It has Butterfly rubbers, "Soft C4 A00?", can't tell the last number because of wear. The handle states" Another Oliver Product" on one side and has a "Syd Morgan" autograph on the other side. I'm guessing that he may have been an Aussie. As there is a strong Australian contingent here, can anyone tell me anything about the bat, the rubber or Syd? I loved this bat (unfortunately, the handle was broken, so no use at all now), and I would like to know if there can be any comparisons with modern rubbers at least. It is pimples out, with thin sponge backing, as inverted was very rare at that time I think. I'd love to get something of the same feel, to recapture that memory. :)

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 04:21 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Google is your friend!

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 3374&hl=en

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 05:18 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Thanks. So he was an Australian. I am of course totally paranoid about Google's privacy rules, and never use it ;) .

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 05:20 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
By the way I love these historical questions and my teammate found a Stuart Gibbs (UK international) signature bat at a local sale, bought it and gave it to.......Stuart, who is near 70 now but still a formidable player, and table tennis to the core.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 00:07 

Blade: DHS6002 Premade
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: Tin-Arc
Hey all,
I am 20 years old, I have been playing on and off in the past, however within the last month or 2, I've probably been playing almost every second day(if not every day) for several hours at a time. I am from Melbourne Australia, and currently have no associations to any Clubs. I would consider myself an amateur still but I have improved heaps since I started playing on a regular basis. I currently use a Premade DHS 6002, just so I can get the hang of the sport, and also the rubber, however i already feel like the rubber is wearing off(don't think it was designed to be abused so much, 4hrs every second day didn't help it much lol), so I may be looking to upgrade within the next few weeks, or even just change the rubbers on it(blade isn't the best, but I rather spend on just upgrading the rubbers, rather than upgrading the whole set up). My playstyle is pretty much constantly evolving, each week trying to progressively get better at a different hit (forehand and backhand top spin, backhand chop, close table play, etc etc), so basically I'm still finding my footing within the sport but I am enjoying it, and have become quite passionate about it as well, trying to take it to the next level every day. So I am open to suggestions in what I should focus on to get better, whether or not I should be looking to change my setup and if so how.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 02:43 
Super User

heya tilted! welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 18:54 

Blade: VKMD
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: SSPC 2, 1.5
Hello everyone on this forum! I have recently started playing more seriously, planning to play more tournaments and more league games. I am planning to start a blog here to write about my games, mostly for myself to read and develop my game further. Hopefully it can help me get better at english too.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 19:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum Rawr, great to have you here! :rock:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 10:29 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
So if someone living in UAE or passing by stop over few days in UAE then let me know, would like to play with someone who is a member here.

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 17:03 

Blade: defensive
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Sanwei T88-I
Hi. I am a newbie here. I want to get ideas on how to play table tennis. That is my sons sport.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 167  Next