OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 04:37 
Noppen Guru

Hi Uli,

a Lehrgang is planned near Melsungen but there has to be cleared that the hall is available for that weekend.
I think I will know this the next weeks.

Regards Sebastian

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 09:17 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Quote:
@mathias:

as key strokes I would describe the sidely ball, the short layn ball as return and a short dropped ball aginst underspin to make a little bit pressure.

With the short layn ball and the sidely stroke or a block I often make the opponent only chop so that I can make the point with forehand tospin. Wit the short dropped ball I mostly receive the opponents topspin that I can block. If this block is placed well the opponent will only chop as well.

Fantastic. Thank you. What is a "short layn ball". Is it a return with "soft hands" against a topspin stroke? I would call it a "drop shot" against topspin.

I understand now watching your videos what is going on.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 01:08 
Noppen Guru

Dear Mathias,

with "short layn ball" I also mean that I have soft hand whilst receiving service for example. It could also be in the normal matcxh that I lay the ball short.
I hope you did understand what I mean.

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 04:50 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Hi Sebastian:

What is the difference between a "short layn ball" and a "short dropped ball against underspin".

Sorry to be slow in understanding this.

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 15:06 

Sebastian, i was watching your videos and i have 2 questions:

1) At practice with Nicole, i see that sometimes and against chop balls you tend to use a very long and upwards termination of the backhand stroke. But some other times you make the same strokes more compact. Is this something you judge by the amount of spin you are receiving?

2) I see in your matches that you do almost always the same serve. Why's that? do you feel it can never be attacked no matter how many times you repeat it? or does it make you feel uniquely comfortable for the next play? or both?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 01:54 
Noppen Guru

@mathias: no problem.
with the short layn ball I mean that I play the ball in a way that it comes short near to the net on the other side of the table.
With the short dropped ball I mean that I drop with a very short movement and touch to the ball.
It is only a very little time on my racket. I only touch very, very shortly.

@redyborde:

all in all I try to make short movements. This topspin strokes with the pimples are sometime VERY long on the video. This is not neccessary that much. All in all I play longer movements when the ball is without spin. When the ball coming to me has much underspin I can only move and drop shortly and use the enrgy which is already in it.

I think the service I already explained a little bit in this thread but I am not sure and that is no problem. When I cannot make many direct points by serving I almost do the same service sometimes with little bit more or less spin. So I always have the same constellation which I know and this is an advantage to me. If I would play many several services the situation after would be much more different to me sometimes.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009, 04:17 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Hi Sebastian: Sorry to keep going on about this. It is just I think I finally understand your game.

In your training videos your opponent will topspin and you will drop the ball the other side of the net but will often not double bounce. Its that the short layn ball?

I understand the drop shot now and have seen you play this alot in your games.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009, 00:18 
Noppen Guru

the short layn ball you can see in my second video with Nicole Struse. There I just receive one ball without playing it out. Against Geir Erlandsen I play it somtimes to receive his service.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 03:24 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Okay I see the return of serve and the practice sessions are the same stroke. The practice session vid. is really good.
Got it thats the short layn ball. I thought they were two different strokes.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 03:26 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

redyborde wrote:
Sebastian, i was watching your videos and i have 2 questions:

1) At practice with Nicole, i see that sometimes and against chop balls you tend to use a very long and upwards termination of the backhand stroke. But some other times you make the same strokes more compact. Is this something you judge by the amount of spin you are receiving?

Great question and I understand the answer.

HI Sebastian: Okay I now understand the 'short layn ball', what I am confused about then is the "short dropped ball aginst underspin". I this was the stroke that you played again Nicole Struse on the return of serve. Is this stroke the same stroke as redyborde is talking about above?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 11:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Hi Sebastian,

Other than slow no-spin balls, are there any other types of balls you like to take early? Also do you have much wrist movement when taking a ball off the bounce?

By the way, I read that you may start doing international training seminars soon. Any updates on that?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 06:26 
Noppen Guru

@mathias:

no, this shot is a total different one.
The "short dropped ball against underspin" means that I only touch the ball for a short time with a 2-3 cm movement forwards straight to drop it fast.
This shot is not on a video so I cannot link.

@mynamenotbob:

I touch the "short layn ball" very early because it would be too high otherwise.I also try to receive long services very early so that the opponent has not much time in attacking on them.
Most of the other shots can also be dropped a little bit later.With my elbow I do not do too much movement in these shots.

I am interested to start courses in the US and in the UK but for that I would need your advise and help (where to do it/who would participate etc)

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 15:54 
Super User

SeppesTT wrote:
@mathias:

I am interested to start courses in the US and in the UK but for that I would need your advise and help (where to do it/who would participate etc)

What about Australia? :-)

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 02:34 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Thats easy I would straight to Bribartt (Bribar Table Tennis; http://www.bribartt.co.uk). One of their key guys would be very keen - a formerless frictionless player.

BriBar is the organziation that John Hilton associates with. They do summer schools and coaching ... that sort of thing, so already have a big network to tap into. BriBar seem to be very TT rather than business orientated.

The alternative is to run a summer school at Tees Sport. It is possible that MAtthew Syed did this. This store is quite expensive.

I don't know what the other UK players think. Any comments? Perhaps done via "Killerspin?".

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 01:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Mathias wrote:
Thats easy I would straight to Bribartt (Bribar Table Tennis; http://www.bribartt.co.uk). One of their key guys would be very keen - a formerless frictionless player.

BriBar is the organziation that John Hilton associates with. They do summer schools and coaching ... that sort of thing, so already have a big network to tap into. BriBar seem to be very TT rather than business orientated.

The alternative is to run a summer school at Tees Sport. It is possible that MAtthew Syed did this. This store is quite expensive.

I don't know what the other UK players think. Any comments? Perhaps done via "Killerspin?".

I would think that this suggestion would be a good one. Barry and Sue Chapman are good folks.
tOD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next