OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 18:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 08:01 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks again for answering questions. A lot of players with this style, including Dr. Neubauer, use short pips on the forehand. Are there advantages to using short pips instead of an inverted rubber?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 10:59 
Noppen Guru

There are advantages and disadvantages for using this material for this style on the backhand.
With a normal inverted rubber on the forehand we could create own spin and spin variations in a way much better.

With our system we often wanna make our opponent chop or we want him to play slowly without spin or with spin. For these balls it is very good to have the short pips on the forehand. These balls could be shot very easy(this is relative^^). Here the short pips are a big adavantage which was much higher in times of frictionless long pips in my mind but which is still existing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 02:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Do you use glue sheets or glue your pips directly to the blade? Does it make a noticeable difference? Some of these super thin sheets like Insider are a pain to glue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 07:11 
Noppen Guru

I did not try many different glue sheets but with thin glue sheets like Butterfly or 3M there is no notable difference for a long time.I mostly use the sheets because it is more comfortable to get the rubber healthy from one blade to another^^.
If you are sure that you let the rubber on one blade it is not neccessary to use a glue sheet but as I said if you are not sure I would always use one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 07:36 
Noppen Guru

As asked from haggisv I will now give some information on the long pips I tested a little bit more the last time. Of course this is not a completed list of all pimples which could be used and it is subjective( like a test everytime/sometimes the result of a test is NEARLY for one voice,then it is a good test :lol: )

I would classify into some system-categories and describe which rubber was good for which style.

1)long defence chopping

2)blocking near to the table

3)playing aggressive near to the table

4)hybrid forms of this

1) long defence chopping:

very useful in my mind:

TSP Curl P1R, AmSir Sensation, Tibhar Grass D Tecs

2)blocking near to the table(more defensive):

very useful in my mind:

Palio CK 531A, AmSir Flutter (Bomb Talent I did not test till now)

3)playing aggressive near to the table:

very useful in my mind:

AmSir Sensation, Tibhar Grass D Tecs

4)very useful in a mixture of chopping and playing aggressive near to the tabel as seen: AmSir Sensation, Tibhar Grass D Tecs, AmSir Surprise too which is a little slower than Sensation but analog

TSP Curl P-H I never played till now but I saw at teh ISPO fair in Munich. I heard of some testers that it should be equal like the P1R, only a little bit harder but not so good for the match near to the table

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 10:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That's great, thank you Sebastian!

We've actually heard very little about the Amsir long pimples here, so it's good to see where they fit in.

The way you have catagorised them is actually very useful, and something that perhaps we should work on for all long pips...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 11:12 
Noppen Guru

Yes, I think it is very important to make many differences and categories when we talk about a long pip.
I often see that players only write that a rubber is useful or not without really talking about a style. This is not very useful in my opinion.
Nothing is good for everything and so for everybody.A pip can be the best on the market for one criteria for one person and very bad for another.
I also think that many players play and will need a hybrid form of one of those I spoke about in my last post.
In our rating we have to talk about a style AND also about technique!!!
Playing close to or far away from the table is not always the same thing. There are many ways to play a technique what is also very important for the rating of a long pimple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 12:30 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Can you recommend any drills or robot routines that are useful for training in this style?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 15:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I noticed no mention of TTMaster rubbers on your list. Do you think they will be banned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 16:29 
Noppen Guru

blocking could be a little bit more difficult but every technique where you play active should be possible at your robot. I would start to play only the technique on one point till it is 90 per cent safe.
Then you can play a regular difference like one time middle, one time backhand; after that you can play this technique on the whole table withour regulation; if this fits you can use this technique in combination.
This is practicing step by step with a model.
An example for a combination could be:

an attacking technique with backhand against underspin and then making the point with the forehand from the half of the backhand.

Yes, I let TT-Master out because I thougt that everybody will know them( for sure in Germany nearly everybody played them one time).
These let you play an equal style like with frictionless pimples but without their effect of disruption. I for myself will change the next time away from them because they are too harmless. In the first thing it was easyto play but now I need more disruption and variation in my match. There are many players in Germany who think like that.
For other players it is the best because they need them to play the ball onto the other side.
As I said I cannot say if they will get banned but I think so for over 50 per cent. As I heard there were many rubbers with too less friction so that they had their effect but I cannot say for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2009, 07:08 

SeppesTT wrote:
As asked from haggisv I will now give some information on the long pips I tested a little bit more the last time. Of course this is not a completed list of all pimples which could be used and it is subjective( like a test everytime/sometimes the result of a test is NEARLY for one voice,then it is a good test :lol: )

I would classify into some system-categories and describe which rubber was good for which style.

1)long defence chopping

2)blocking near to the table

3)playing aggressive near to the table

4)hybrid forms of this

1) long defence chopping:

very useful in my mind:

TSP Curl P1R, AmSir Sensation, Tibhar Grass D Tecs

2)blocking near to the table(more defensive):

very useful in my mind:

Palio CK 531A, AmSir Flutter (Bomb Talent I did not test till now)

3)playing aggressive near to the table:

very useful in my mind:

AmSir Sensation, Tibhar Grass D Tecs

4)very useful in a mixture of chopping and playing aggressive near to the tabel as seen: AmSir Sensation, Tibhar Grass D Tecs, AmSir Surprise too which is a little slower than Sensation but analog

TSP Curl P-H I never played till now but I saw at teh ISPO fair in Munich. I heard of some testers that it should be equal like the P1R, only a little bit harder but not so good for the match near to the table

That's great, thank you Sebastian! :D :D :D

blocking near to the table,playing aggressive near to the table

Blade?

Sorry , my english not good

BH:Bomb Talent
FH:DONIC Coppa JO Gold
BLADE: TT Master

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2009, 09:59 
Noppen Guru

I tested with the blades I play with. These were Sauer Spezial and Sauer Allround,Re-Impact Hydra and AmSir Salvador.
Or do you mean which blades I would advise for which pimple?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2009, 13:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sebastian!

I've been practicing your blokcing and attacking techniques against practice partners. Although attacking is progressing well, I still struggle blocking the medium - fast loops. Most of them rebound off too quickly, and bouch over the end of the table. They are a littel too fast to chop-block for me. I'm using Neptune OX with a Firewall+ blade...

Can you offer any tips on blocking and keeping these ball on the table?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2009, 22:49 
Noppen Guru

First of all I often see people who play near to the table with the firewall which I not prefer for the match close to the table.
Against harder balls the balls go out very straightly and wide and my feeling with this was not very well.
Your wife has a shop. Maybe you could test something other a short time and then we could have a look on that again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 00:59 

SeppesTT wrote:
I tested with the blades I play with. These were Sauer Spezial and Sauer Allround,Re-Impact Hydra and AmSir Salvador.
Or do you mean which blades I would advise for which pimple?

Hi agen...

yes i mean which blades I would advise for which pimple

Thank you :D

BH:Bomb Talent
FH:DONIC Coppa JO Gold
BLADE: TT Master

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!