OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 May 2015, 10:43 

Anyone know of an inverted rubber that excels at the traditional penhold backhand punch shot? It would of course have to be suitable for my penhold forehand side as well, but there's a zillion good FH rubbers out there. I'm hoping to find one that is particularly well-suited for the TPB punch.

I guess for starters I'm probably looking for a great blocking and flat hitting rubber? I'm not sure what other qualities I should look at for the TPB punch. I have two great blocking rubbers already on my radar- Butterfly T25-FX and Tibhar Evolution FX-P - I've used these before with shakehand, but never tried them for TPB. Does anyone know if old school flat hitting standouts would work well for this, such as Butterfly Sriver, Yasaka Mark V, or even Butterfly Flextra? Or, do I want a tacky rubber for TPB? What about sponge thickness?

The TPB shot I most want to develop is punching my opponents' fast cross court loops at my backhand down their FH line (I know, easier said than done). I know short pips may be best for this shot, but due to other issues I've decided to try inverted after some time with short pips on FH.

I have a few very good c-pen blades I'll be trying rubbers on- Stiga Clipper Wood, Xiom Stradivarius, and a Butterfly Tamca ULC.

Tks.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 11:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

729 FX.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 12:09 

Thanks Iskandar.

Which 729 FX? EL? Super Soft?

PostPosted: 13 May 2015, 10:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Big pore sponge? :lol:

Um, to be honest, all of these Chinese rubbers are quite similar to each other, and thousands and thousands of people have played traditional Chinese penhold with them. The same is true for Sriver, Mark V, etc. It'll boil down to taste, in the end, and the way you play. Weight shouldn't be too much of an issue since you're only putting one sheet on the blade. Just order a few sheets of different things, and see what they play like, the Chinese sheets are cheap.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2015, 15:56 
Cho Tokusen

I am happy with Donic Copa X3. Maybe you should give it a try.