OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: How to intergrate RPB
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2007, 03:39 
VaMP-ire Killer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6DVajz2-w

this video maybe short but looking at it, it can help you bring RPB into your game, just by a basic BH-FH-BH and so on. ok, if you got long pips on back your feeder wont like the drill :P but you get the idea, once i get my new blade and get it fixed up i recon this is worth trying

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2007, 04:33 
Super User

I've drilled like that before. The problem is that when doing it, you know when the ball is going to come your backhand, and can get ready as soon as you hit it back with your forehand. In a real game, you can't tell when it's coming to that side as easily, so you won't have that extra second to wind up.

That's the biggest problem I encountered with RPB (besides it making you lazier), that it's perfectly easy to do if you know it's coming to that side, but the crossover just takes too long for you to be able to pull it out in a medium-fast or faster rally when you can't tell so easily which side they're aiming for. The traditional backhand, however, has an extremely short crossover time, and is actually much more powerful to attack with if you can get the split second to turn your body.

The best use I found for RPB was looping serves back, and I figure using LP would be best for that (well, the returning of the serve. You can't really loop it too well). The only other time I could see long pips being useful for RPB is deceptively loop-chopping a spin loop back. On the plus side, a sheet of LP barely weighs anything, so just sticking it on your blade probably won't hurt at all.

Let us know how it turns out! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2007, 17:45 
VaMP-ire Killer

it wont be for a couple of weeks till i get the bat up and running, which would mean it will be too late to go straight into the tourment i'll be in, so i'll have to quickly get he hang of the main rubber and not use the pips, then train up with the pips in tme for the south west collage tourny, if we go this year

also, im planning to try and write a diary about learning RPB with long pips, almost like teh long pip diary

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2007, 20:28 
I am Legend
I am Legend

The guy in there is and-.
Used to be a shakehander. Switched over to penhold because he buggered up his wrist a while back - not sure why he's still playing penhold.
Uses an OC CR, H2 and sriver glued to the neck.