OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: RPB carbon blade
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 16:52 

I've bought for FH stiga neos tacky which because it is very light and has good control & spin, and the whole setup weights 184g which is good but not great. I will change the BH rubber too with focuse snipe 3 and if the weight it is still not good I might take into consideration changing the blade to something lighter.

Any suggestions for an off-/off blade <80g blade? From what I've read here something about violion, ruttis, acoustic, YEO, but I don't know their ratings.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 21:45 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Rutis is off, bordering off+ at the short game (long game is off. Thick core makes it bouncy). Very light (mine were 72, 74, 74) if that's what you're looking for, but quite soft feel, bouncy and easily damaged.

I used one (3 actually) for around 18 months. Severely damaged one (prompting the 2nd) and starting to damage the 2nd. The core is medium to medium soft so repeated hits on the table will dent it, but the real issue is a hard edge hit to the G-Carbon ply - the ply shatters and is quite sharp. Once this has happened, the g-carbon can separate from the wood reasonably easily.

I never tried supergluing the edges though, nor did I use edgetape.

Also I was a bit rough on it.

It's not as fragile as other blades (1ply cypress, balsa, etc) though, but more fragile than all-wood blades.

Still, it's a very good blade if you can control it in the short game. More comparable to the KLHS than anything.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 21:29 

Finally my focus snipe has arrived and now my paddle weights 172g which is good. Maybe when I will want some speed in my game I will change my blade to rustic, but for now it should be ok with this setup.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 23:27 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

you could always build some muscle which is cheaper :p instead of looking for a lighter blade :P

also for your rpb side you want a medim to a soft rubber thats what my friend and coach says ( but not directly like that) his words were " you cant use Hurricane 3" for BH. and H3 is quite hard..

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H