OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 12:24 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

not really. not at al some require a bit of sanding as some manfacturesrs tend to make them quite pointy and a bit uncomfertable or just too big for the thumb index finger area . that is all

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 00:25 

Kashuken wrote:
@aeoliah
Slightly off topic; does the double sided cork grip affect your fingers (middle, ring and pinky) placement on the backhand side? I am considering trying double sided Jpen.
Thanks!

I think I should clarify that my question is for Jpen P-H or R-H blades.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 11:23 
Cho Tokusen

I think placement of the fingers will vary from player to player, there is no rule of thumb. I curl all three fingers at the backhand side regardless whether it is a twiddler or normal J-pen.
I am not a twiddler, so when using a twiddler J-pen I find it a bit awkward on the backhandside because part of my fingers rest on the corksheet and part resting on the wood and there is a height difference of about half millimeter (or more) between the wood surface and the cork surface. So what I did is I buy a corksheet from Butterfly, and add some corksheet on the backhand side copying the shape from a normal J-pen.
One other thing, I shave all my blades, because if I don't do that, my fingers will be hurt because of sharp edges.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 11:54 
Cho Tokusen

My Violin J-PH with modified (added) corksheet on the backhand side :

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 00:36 

aeoliah wrote:
I think placement of the fingers will vary from player to player, there is no rule of thumb. I curl all three fingers at the backhand side regardless whether it is a twiddler or normal J-pen.
I am not a twiddler, so when using a twiddler J-pen I find it a bit awkward on the backhandside because part of my fingers rest on the corksheet and part resting on the wood and there is a height difference of about half millimeter (or more) between the wood surface and the cork surface. So what I did is I buy a corksheet from Butterfly, and add some corksheet on the backhand side copying the shape from a normal J-pen.
One other thing, I shave all my blades, because if I don't do that, my fingers will be hurt because of sharp edges.

Thanks for answering and the photo. It's very helpful.
I like the idea of a Violin round Jpen, but sounds like the double cork finger-grip may interfere on the backside.