OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: New rubbers and blade
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 09:00 

Hello, i'd like to buy some new rubbers as my current rubber (sriver l) is in a very bad condition..I am willing to spend about 60$ for rubbers cause i dont want to take only one.. i'd like to try several..My gameplay is a good variety of serves and sometimes unpredictable..i mostly do the one that ma lin does.. i try to controll the short game and not to give third ball attacks..although i haven't developed a good rpb technique yet because i use ma lins grip (meaning that my forehand rubber has space between the blade) and its harder to control.. I was also wondering if it's worthing to change to wang hao's style meaning i wouldn't have a space in fingers in forehand meaning better backhand but in the same time worst forehand..So tell me some good rubbers that are not very expensive.. have great 3rd ball finisher but in the same time good short game control, spin and block.. My blade is yasaka ma lin soft carbon.. Also do you think that i should buy another paddle? I was thinking about Hurricane Hao or if you think that's not for my stlye yasaka extra offensive

Sorry for that wall of text but can you answer my 3 questions..

Should i change blade and if yes which one should it be?

Good and not so expensive rubbers for 3rd ball attacks serves and loops/blocks

Should i change style from ma's to hao's?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 09:42 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

what are you using now?

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 09:54 
I am Legend
I am Legend

keep the MLSC. It's perfectly fine. There isn't really that much difference between that and the HH or the MEO. It's just a bit harder than the other two. Spend your $60 on rubbers instead.

Since you use sriver at the moment, I guess that means you want to stick to grippy rubbers? Try a tensor and maybe something like that new BW2 red sponge or Shark2. Or one of the harder Air rubbers, though these don't spin that well.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 10:33 

I currently have the same grip as you do, and my RPB is developing nicely. Hao's grip is pretty hard if you don't train a lot. Is Sriver on your FH or BH? I've liked Mark V for RPB but it requires fast hand speed because it's medium hardish so if Sriver is similar I would say stick with it if you're used to it. I've learned to just focus on technique and worry less about equipment until I've mastered the basics.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 09:14 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

blue whale or shark are decent for prb, but feel much more natural for Fh, imo

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 16:40 

ZeroPredaToR wrote:
My gameplay is a good variety of serves and sometimes unpredictable..i mostly do the one that ma lin does..

I guess by Ma Lin serve everyone mean that heavy backspin ghost serve.
You probably haven't seen many of Ma Lin matches or you just can't notice it, but Ma Lin seems to mostly use sidespin, sideback and sidetop serves. Then he mixes in some dead serves that look like backspin, and once in a while a pure backspin serve with different amount spin.

Just wanted to make sure no-one thinks that Ma Lin is a one serve's man.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 00:01 

Ofc when i said i do the one that ma lin does i meant the side spin one.. i do the heavy backspin when the oppenent thinks is on fire so he always tries to flick it and fails and that's how i stop his momentum..

I am thinking of buying haifu blue whale II untuned (i heard that tuned version doesnt last more than 1 month) and also buying 1-2 other cheap chinese rubbers like skyline and hurricane varieties (or friendship?).. Could you suggest me one good site that has blue whale and chinese rubbers but also has a cheap transporting cost for europe? Also which of the skyline-hurricane rubbers you think suits my gameplay most?

Thank you for all the comments..

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 18:37 

ZeroPredaToR wrote:
one

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2011, 05:33 

its obvious that i meant his main one.. i didnt know that i had to elaborate that much..