OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 16:49 

For cpen I use andro rasant powersponge very very nice rubber throw not too high or low great control and great spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 23:06 
Super User

I agree with mr price. I was playing with xiom omega for years. I like iv or v pro. Tour was too hard. Last year my supplier put andros resant Powergrip on my forehand on a stiga 145 carbonado. Killer sponge! He's in the Philippines and I hail from Virginia. I'm texting from the Philippines now after visiting him on Monday. I was supposed to pick up a stiga se7en but they're not out yet so I bought a 190 with...you guessed it..Powergrip again. 145 has a great loop. 190 from the little I've hit is straighter.
From what you heard we all have our fav rubbers. I recommend a softer sponge if your looking for control if you're going to hit it hard so you can 'bottom out' the sponge against the wood. If not sticky is great but stick doesn't last long.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 01:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

waufat wrote:
Hi Iskandar,

Here is my report on the Yinhe 9000E after playing with it for almost 3 weeks
The new rubber has an awful smell but it disappeared fairly quickly. It is also tacky but just like the smell it loses its tackiness after a few sessions of play.

Yinhe 9000E seems to be heavier as compare to Yasaka Extend. The speed is also slower and the spin generated is lesser. Thus need more power when come to looping or smashing. However, it allows for better control play.

Initially I’ve some reservation using this low priced rubber but after a few weeks of play, this rubber seems to fit me well. It actually helps to solve my block & soft push problems. Thank you very much Iskandar for the recommendation.

However, I’ll be switching to CPen very soon. The main reason is to learn RPB. I’ve just bought Nittaku Ludeack Power blade (90gm). I’ve tried my friend’s blade (same type of blade) with the Chinese rubber on both sides that weights 184gm. I'm unsure whether this is the norm but it seems too heavy for me. My preference is for a lighter set-up that allows FH for attack (loop & smash) and BH for RPB. Perhaps you or other guru here can assist to give some suggestion.

Thank you

Ah.. good to hear you like it. I like it for the exact same reasons - it's a little slower than the rubbers I usually use on my forehand and allows better control. The low price is another bonus.

90 grams does sound heavy for a blade - then again if you only use one sheet of rubber the total weight is less. I'm convinced that the optimal penhold bat weight is less than the optimal weight for shakehands, and before RPB most penhold bats were lighter. Not sure what's ideal for RPB, but there are blades that weigh a lot less than 90 grams. (The only hard data I have is that Xu Xin uses a Stiga Rosewood NCT V, might be interesting to see what that weighs, then again Xu Xin's a superman and what suits him might not suit you or me... :lol: .)

At the risk of causing everyone to roll their eyes I'll suggest my favorite blade (though, in my case, it's the shakehands version). Only $11 for the next four days, including shipping! Mine weigh 80 grams almost exactly (I have three), the penhold version should weigh less. And you can ask them to select the lightest blade in stock if you so choose to do so (I know they'll do it... :lol: )

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shi ... 03493.html

Click on the yellow patch to order the penhold version.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 20:07 

Hi Iskandar,

Being a JPen holder with 1-piece rubber, the weight of a blade set-up has never been an issue to me all this while. I only realized it after trying out my friend’s CPen blade recently. Ha2. Silly me.

I truly like your suggestion on the low price blade and will buy it as my spare CPen blade. Thanks again for the suggestion and the link .

Hi JamesPriceTT & TableTennisDoc,

Thanks for sharing information on the rubber. Will check it out later.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 01:35 
Super User

Xu is playing with the stiga intensity nct rated at 92 grams!!! He played earlier with the rosewood nct v no lightweight at 88 g Both weigh a ton with 2 rubbers. I have the rosewood vii. It is one of my go to blades. Doesn't seen as heavy as my clipper, though. I'd recommend adding a rpb to your repertoire. I also have lighter blades. A dhs wang Hao. I stopped using it because it was to light and felt I was working light a dog to smash the ball.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 14:10 

Just a quick update.

Managed to grab Yinhe N-11 (as suggested by Iskandar) and some Chinese rubbers at a local store last Friday, 22/4/2016.

Did a quick set-up and tested both blades in local club in the last 3 days. Done some multi-ball training as well. Here is my result:

1. Blade Nittaku Ludeack Power (FH Yinhe 9000 Star ; BH Yinhe 9000E)- 170 gram
- slight uncomfortable with the weight & stop using after just 1 game

2. Blade Yinhe N-11 (FH Palio CJ 8000 ; BH Dawei 388A-4)- 155gram
-weight not an issue since just 23 gram (17%) higher than my Yasaka JPen blade (132 gram)
-comfortable and managed to achieve similar good match result as my JPen blade
- the blade with Palio CJ 8000 is OK for playing near table but lack power if far from table
- the rubber generates less spin. As such my serve and loop are slightly affected

It seems unavoidable to deal with a heavier CPen blade. Perhaps I need more time for the adjustment . However, for the Nittaku Ludeack Power, I’ve just ordered online some lighter rubbers. Hopefully this will reduce the weight so as I could use it as main blade instead. Meanwhile will continue to use Yinhe N-11 and will try out RPB later this week.

Thank you

Attachments:
IMG-20160426-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20160426-WA0000.jpg [ 93.06 KiB | Viewed 1600 times ]

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 09:39 
Super User

Wow. Great set up. How do they loop block and flip?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 14:43 

Hi TTDoc,

Last night I went for a training session with a local trainer and later played some matches. I used YInhe N-11 with FH Palio CJ8000 and BH Yinhe 9000 Star (removed from Ludeack Power). Won't be using Ludeack Power until could replace with new lighter rubber.

For the RPB training, encountered some problems initially as the trainer has no knowledge about RPB. He is a shakehand holder. I’ve to explained to him and we tried out the RPB moves (loop, smash & flick) based on what I’ve seen on the youtube. The result is not too bad. Need more serious practice to get the loop right.

An hour later, had few matches with some regular club players. The result of the matches
Match 1- Waufat vs Junior High School Champion 3-2
Match 2 – Wauifat vs Veteran Aggressive Player 1-3
Match 3 & 4 – Waufat vs Average Player 3-0 ( both had problems returning my serves)
Match 5 – Waufat vs Veteran CPen Player 0-3 **

** My worst match. I would rate CPen Player lower than Aggresive Player but somehow I got difficulty playing CPen Player's playing style. He is good at FH looping but his expertise is feeding high spiny ball far from table that entices you to loop/smash. He was good at returning whatever I threw at him last night. He also returned most my serve to his left with BH SP rubber. I still have problems playing against experienced SP players in the last 3 months.

For my current Yinhe N-11 blade set-up, looping is OK but the speed is not that fast and spinny. Blocking is good especially in my match against the Veteran Aggressive Player. He realized that and started to loop to my wide forehand & backhand that I’ve trouble returning those shots. As for flipping, I’ve no problem executing the RPB flip with Yinhe 9000 Star during the training session. The blade has a good control for near table play. It lacks power if playing far from table. Generally I’m quite satisfied and will continue to use this blade for a while.

PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 16:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you're looking for a rubber to cut weight:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 48540.html

KTL Pro-XT "Green Dragon" 2.2mm sponge
black 47.77g 163x167mm 0.177g/cm^2

That's LIGHT. Most sheets are in the 59-65 gram range. You'd get a reduction of maybe 10 gram per side on the cut weight. It is slowish, though. I'll bet the Red Dragon's similar.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 20:33 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I wonder if that rubber has changed at all. Last time I used a pro xt, it was super slow glued to the eyeballs. The sponge was deader than dead.

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 01:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The Green Dragon has a different sponge than the base level XT. Still fairly slow. Mind you, the base level XT has its proponents.

Iskandar