OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 21 Apr 2024, 00:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Victas Dynabeat
PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 09:30 

So, I've just bought this thing online, waiting for it to arrive. Found no reliable source of information on it, so hope I didn't throw money out of the window on it :rofl:

My question is; anyone on this forum that have some knowledge about it, or even better, played with it?

Post subject: Re: Victas Dynabeat
PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 09:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't know anything about this blade, but the Victas stuff is good quality from what I've seen. You might be the first in the world to try it! :o :lol:

PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 10:02 

Had a three hour "training" session with a clubmate while penholding a normal racket with 802 pips + inverted. Seems like my already good backhand block and control generally was better while penholding with both, which surprised me as I've always wanted to try out penhold and JPEN seemed the way to go!

The Victas blade looks amazing and I had a hard time choosing between it and a Darker Speed 90(which wasn't as stunning looks-wise, but I read great things about their craftmanship), hope I made the right choice :oops:

Sigh.. I really need to stop getting all these new things :cash:

PostPosted: 28 May 2013, 06:15 

A little update!

The Dynabeat has arrived with a precut Omega IV Pro, took that one off to check how it looked and to measure. This thing is pretty damn sexy if I must say so myself. :lol:
I can feel my ej-senses tingling to try it out! Stupid starter-engine getting ruined the day before I got this wood(pun intended)... :swear:

From handle to the end of the blade : 252mm
From the end of cork to top: 139mm
Max width: 133mm/ 131mm avg
Thickness: 10,5mm ( as stated by Victas)
Weight: 96grams(140grams with an Omega IV Pro)

I'll put up some pictures tomorrow and a first hit encounter in a couple of days(as soon as my car is fixed!) :D

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2013, 18:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Did you ever get around to testing this Tjafsaren? ;)

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 04:53 

:lol:

I didn't actually post it... now did I..?

I played with it the following week after I got it. I had a red Omega IV Pro MAX on it, should've gotten something around 1.8-2mm.
As it was my first time ever playing with a real JPEN, I had a lot of hardship with the excessive speed of the setup... It was blazing fast.

Forehand hits and counters were effortless, and I also had from what I felt a lot of control over it. This didn't really surprise me at all, as I've doing forehand and backhands for atleast a couple hundred repetitions every single time I'm at the club, but it didn't really take much motion to get the ball over the net.

Blocking: Backhand blocks were the part that really made this blade shine. I'm not sure if it was the fact that traditional blocks are so damn comfortable for me, or the fact that the bat was magic, but vs my heavy speed/spin playpartner I had no problems landing them clear of the edge and even managed to get the directional + depth in after a couple minutes. While blocking I felt like I had a whole lot of feeling over where the ball was at all time, and at the same time was dwelly enough to let me route it to a blazing winning punch if I wanted to.
Forehand blocks were not as good, but this I blame on the fact that I don't really like blocking with forehand with shakehand either, I much prefer counterhitting. So I'm not gonna say much more than the fact that I had issues getting the ball to land short on the table, as most seemed to land somewhere near the edge or even flying over it. Again; I'm an amateur at best with JPEN-forehand :D

Looping: I was having a hard time with the looping at first(angle of the blade in normal grip vs my SH-grip), but again after trying to loop at the point where my partner almost begged me to give up, I managed to hit atleast a few consecutive loops in a row. However they were not really that spinny, so I can't brush for s*** with penhold-forehand.

Touch play: It's fast. Like really fast, but it was a tad harder to control than Tenergy/Calibra Tour on a Viscaria, which I've found to be a bit too peppy for it's own good. This covers that good enough, so no point trying to get any information out of me on this matter, as I had way too many popups.. :?:

TL;DR: It's fast, comfortable for hitting style, amazing for blocking with backhand, both chopblocking(sidesweeps) and topspinblocks. Good for looping, if you can handle an OFF++ speed blade. Great feeling behind the table with counterlooping and lobbing, and so much fun to do the "far from the body"-backhandloop.

Anyone interested in a little merry-go-round with this blade? Any JPEN'ers out there interested in trying it out? 8)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 00:33 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

pictures or video or it didnt happen

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 02:01 

Well, I'll peel the rubber of it.. if that's what you want me to do; if that wasn't aimed at my proposition in the end for the ones that read it :lol:

Link to images as my skills with forums suck.

http://imgur.com/a/N4HJb#0