OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 00:52 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Preface: I did a search, couldn't find what I needed, and since I'm talking about both Short and Long pips I felt that it made more sense here than either of those forums as I play Jpen.

I read somewhere that SP and LP are fairly common setups for Jpen players. (Keep in mind, I'm a Newb to pips so please correct that assumption if I am incorrect). I have a few questions:

1. Concerning RPB: Does anyone do a SP on the forehand and LP on the back and/or visa versa? Does this even make sense? This seems to me a great setup considering the issue of weight. I'm also considering single sided SP or LP.

2. Also, if I'm transitioning from inverted to either length of pips, what do I need to know? I have a Cpen LP that I have only played against beginner players with mediocre top spin, and find it to be kind of cumbersome against players who don't generate a lot of spin. But, again, I'm new at anything having to do with pips.

3. Last, does anyone know of any Jpen Pips players (either LP or SP) I can search for to find on Youtube?

Thanks in advanced. :)

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2014, 07:54 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Bumped.
Sorry, I don't know the answers. But JPen player like ChichoFicho will be able to answer when he sees the thread.
:)

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2014, 04:03 

Kim Ki-Taek (Blue shirt and Jay Chou face). Use short pips on forehand. His blade's handle and backside looks like J-pen, but headshape is oval, not square like traditional J-pen. I don't think it's 1-ply hinoki though. Too thin IMO.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2014, 13:20 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Tokieboi wrote:
Kim Ki-Taek (Blue shirt and Jay Chou face). Use short pips on forehand. His blade's handle and backside looks like J-pen, but headshape is oval, not square like traditional J-pen. I don't think it's 1-ply hinoki though. Too thin IMO.

Thanks for bumping Shaolin!

Tokieboi, are you sure those are SP? Definitely Jpen.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2014, 23:52 

I'm 100% sure Kim Ki Taek use SP. There is a video on youtube (can't find the link) about Ki Taek - Nam Kyu rematch last year. In the video, he told a story about several of his pips broke and want to change paddle during the final game.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2014, 23:56 

Found the video :

Edit : Also found another J-pen short pips player from mytabletennis forum : Shoki Morita.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!