OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 12:17 

Hello guys

Sorry for the bad english in advance!
I'd like to ask if you could give mo some advice on how to combine my available material for 2 penhold-setups.
In my posession are the following:

Blades:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/stig ... c-wrb.html (old one)
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/yasa ... arbon.html

Rubers:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/yasaka-mark-v.html
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/sti ... -spin.html
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/dhs ... 3-tg3.html
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/dhs ... ane-3.html

When i started playing seriously i got a Stiga offensive classic wrb with a MEMO 3 and a Tenergy05FX (blade and rubbers were quite old/used) from a friend. I felt like replacing the old rubbers and even found a cool blade on sale. Since i can make 2 setups now, i'd like to ask if
you have any suggestions on how to proceed. I learned all the basic strokes with the mentioned setup and would like to refine those with my new ones. (I know i should get comortable with just one, but i like to experiment and its nice to have a spare-bat for outdoorplay:))

Are there any obvious synergies i should use? Is the weight gonna be a problem if i use the Mark V with H3? Wich rubber would you suggest for practicing rpb (tenergy was awesome, but its falling apart and a new one ist so expensive!)?

Thx for the tips!

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 13:29 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

I suggest for following penhold set-up from what you have now:

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon
Rubber: FH H3 (or TG3), BH Mark V

Welcome to the forum and have fun with penhold. :)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 22:26 

Thanks a lot for the reply! That was my idea aswell, mark v was recommended ba a lot of ppl for learning rpb. Any thoughts on the dhs rubbers? My old memo felt good for serves, tbh and against underspin, but i had problems with counterloops or when im away from the table. Any recommendations?

Thx

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 01:07 

Update for those who are interested: Just glued my paddles:

-StigaWRB+H3+MarkV: The combo weights about the same as my old setup, otherwise very fun to play. H3 is indeed quite slow, surely due to my bad technique. MarkV ist nice for RPB.

-YasakaML+TG3+StigaCalibra: Overall faster (both rubbers) and lighter then my other setup. Need some time to get used to it. I do feel like having a bigger sweetspot. The weightdifference feels odd at the beginning, but is very nice after awhile.

FH: H3 is similar to my old Memo, the TG3 is faster and if i adjust my technique a bit, should be advantageous.
TBH: seems to work better with TG3 for me then H3, I need less force, so i got more control.
RPB: Since i only know about this shot for about 1 year, my opinion doesnt really count. I would say i have more control and aim with the MarkV, but the Stiga is fun aswell and i hope to get better with it.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 07:07 

Hi,

Since it seems that divatter found his/her setup, I dare interrupt with a novice question of my own - but not create a new thread :).

I am rather new to table tennis (although middle-aged). I have been playing for some months, not that many hours.

My style is aggressive (AAS -oriented, if you like), but I have a lousy RPB, that I need to develop; I am not able to do decent attacks if my opponents feed my BH (which they obviously would).

For the moment, my options for blades are (all c.pen):

- Stiga NCT V Rosewood
- BTY Chinese EX CS
- DHS PG7
- XIOM Stradivarius

I know these are different. Which one would you recommend - or are these all bad at this stage? Feel free to recommend another setup. No budget restrictions. I think I like rather light and thin blades (DHS is rather heavy and thick... ~93g/6,3 mm).

I would like to pair these with (preferrably) Xiom rubbers, which I find great. But once again, I listen to advice.

Thnx

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 16:53 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku Flyatt Carbon Pro
FH: Tibhar Aurus TC-1
BH: 729 802 2.1mm
Ztero wrote:
Hi,

Since it seems that divatter found his/her setup, I dare interrupt with a novice question of my own - but not create a new thread :).

I am rather new to table tennis (although middle-aged). I have been playing for some months, not that many hours.

My style is aggressive (AAS -oriented, if you like), but I have a lousy RPB, that I need to develop; I am not able to do decent attacks if my opponents feed my BH (which they obviously would).

- Stiga NCT V Rosewood
- BTY Chinese EX CS
- DHS PG7
- XIOM Stradivarius

I know these are different. Which one would you recommend - or are these all bad at this stage? Feel free to recommend another setup. No budget restrictions. I think I like rather light and thin blades (DHS is rather heavy and thick... ~93g/6,3 mm).

I would like to pair these with (preferrably) Xiom rubbers, which I find great. But once again, I listen to advice.

Thnx

Stiga intensity nct or YEO..great control and good handle for RPB..Xiom Fuga is also great and thinnest of the three but a little slower(but thats not a problem if you attached Xiom rubber as they're all fast compared to chinese rubber)

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 08:06 

poknas wrote:
Ztero wrote:
Hi,
- Stiga NCT V Rosewood
- BTY Chinese EX CS
- DHS PG7
- XIOM Stradivarius
Thnx

Stiga intensity nct or YEO..great control and good handle for RPB..Xiom Fuga is also great and thinnest of the three but a little slower(but thats not a problem if you attached Xiom rubber as they're all fast compared to chinese rubber)

- Thank You. I will look into the Fuga alternative further, it might very well be a good choice. Paired w. Omega V Tour on FH, it should be fast enough (at least). I only wished XOVT would be available in 1.8 mm and not only 2.0 mm, since I like the grip and behaviour, but it feels slightly too fast for me on "normal" OFF blades. But this pair could be the answer. Thank You once again!