OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 21:46 

I got me some Lauan that I used to make electric guitar bodies with sometime ago!

Thank you for those words of advice. I am a looper but I would like to incorporate a bit of hitting in my game now that I think that I can hit earlier in the bounce (I was waiting for the ball to drop a little when playing shakehand). How is the throw of the N-11 and will it be suitable with DHS H2? What rubbers do you use with it?

@violoniste18
Thank you. I'm 46years old and owing my slim and healthy body to playing table tennis haha.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 01:05 

Blade: loukov blade
FH: rakza 7 2 mm
BH: nittaku pimple mini 1 mm
I just found N-11 here (nice price ... I will order one as soon as possible !)

http://www.eacheng.net/Galaxy-N-11-p10864.html

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 12:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, that's the same people, actually. They sell on AliExpress (6 different "shops"!), ebay (China-Friend) and their own website - who knows what they do on Taobao. The difference here is you have to pay "extra" for shipping if you order it off eacheng.net, while the shops on AliExpress (all have different prices! :lol: ) include shipping in the price.

Don't know about the throw, but it's cheap enough to buy just to try... I keep coming back to it after trying other (sometimes much more expensive) blades. I've used H3 on it (I have three of them) and a variety of other rubbers - currently have a sheet of Rasant Turbo and Reactor Ckylin on the one I use regularly - going to take the Ckylin off, it's very slow, will likely replace it with Yinhe 9000. H3 works fine, though a little slow.

Lauan (meranti) is probably the most common wood in our region. Yinhe uses it in blades, I think HRT does as well, don't know of anyone else who does.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 19:21 

Can't wait 3 weeks..I guess I just go ahead and purchase a shakehand N-11 locally. If I like the feel I'll buy the penhold version sometime. Competition coming this September. ;)

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 04:32 

I played with this blade N 11 shakehand a couple of years ago, a good blade, great control.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 12:18 

I wanted to order the Yinhe N-11 from a local site but it does not stock the rubbers that my friend wants for her new blade and also the 729 802 SP that I wanted to try. Another online local shop offers a nice and light DHS W1030 and an 802 SP in 2.0mm. The blade is SH and needs to be "operated" on for PH duties ;) The proper PH blade still eludes me!

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 21:57 

I played with the DHS W1030 with 802 2.0mm SP. All I can say is---- I like it! The blade is really ALL+ (it was marked OFF) but can still be fast even with a short swing. First time playing with SP, close to the table, blocking and hitting with the occasional chop. There's a bit difficulty in hitting and blocking at and early in the bounce but I'm learning. Is there a technique (some sort of conditioning exercise, perhaps) that trains the hand not to use RPB :lol: I'd like to use 1 rubber exclusively.

Is an attacking medium pip like the Globe 888 (with good deception, according to reviews) a good substitute for the 729 802?

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 13:36 

I can't seem to play properly with the DHS w1030 and pips so I transferred the SP to the Adidas Hypertouch blade. Better speed and control. I'm getting the hang of playing with just the FH rubber but I get thoroughly demolished by better players.

On the other hand, the DHS blade played well with the DHS NEO with adequate speed and wicked spin. There really are differences between blades and rubbers. Good enough reason to EJ more :D

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2016, 00:36 

j2sip wrote:
Is there a technique (some sort of conditioning exercise, perhaps) that trains the hand not to use RPB

Yes I did it during holidays, because it wasn't easy for me to play traditionnal backhand starting for the first time 56 old ...

I have been working pronation of hand during 2 months, for example during walking, set your hand as for traditionnal backhand. Your body has to memorize that position.

When I was playing at the table, I was playing only that stroke, more than 100 hours.

Now, this stroke seems natural to me, when I have to block, I do first trad BH, my body knows it according to a lot of repetitions !

repeat, repeat, repeat ... with or without blade

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2016, 19:37 

Shadow boxing! Thank you for the help. Since I can't find a partner patient enough to do serve/return repetitive drills, I have been using a return board for TBH drill. I serve and hit the return ball with TBH. And also, I have been studying KEES tutorials on SP play.
Looking back, I now see that 75% of my opponents points are made up of my mistakes in trying to RPB all balls that go to my backhand, even the ones that goes low down to my stomach level. Footwork might solve that but THAT will take a lot of training. Perhaps a well placed TBH ball return is faster to learn :lol:
There will be a competition next week. In a land of two winged shakehanders, it will be fun to be the sole TBH/RPB penholder (I know about 2 TBH penhold players).

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2016, 05:47 

where are you located ? it's team competition ?

return board is a good exercice.

When I am alone at my club, when I come as the first player, I push a table against a wall and hit the ball right straight. The wall return to me a shopped ball and I have to loop with spin

As one start a new technique not quite young, we have to practice a lot of "scales" !

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2016, 11:51 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Hey, has anybody in this forum watched Ping Pong the Animation? It's an anime that has ugly graphics/art to most, but it's crazy phenomenal; it's available in Youtube if you haven't seen it, on the Funimation channel. Anyways, the reason I mention this is because one of the main characters in the anime is a penhold player; his style (I think) is similar to yours, j2sip :rock:
Short pips on FH, inverted on BH; the difference is that the anime character uses a light, carbon revolver style jp penhold blade. Just thought it was pretty cool to mention :D

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2016, 12:37 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Any link?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2016, 03:47 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
rokphish2 wrote:
Any link?

Here's a link to the 1st ep. There are 11 episodes in the series, if you know what I mean! ;) :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?debug_prero ... out=mobile

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 18:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Uhh... That video isn't available.

I did come across this series years and years ago. I don't think I watched more than one episode, it was so bad.. :lol:

(There is an English dub available on YouTube, but I can't stand dubs... :lol: )

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!