OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 16:27 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
You're welcome. Am I on your list? A Donic True Carbon with ST handle would suffice... :P

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 08:49 

Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
Simon_S wrote:
Thanks for the fast answer.
I guess I will go with a cpen first but I definitely going to try a jpen one day. :)
I'm still not sure if I should get myself the W-6 or the N-11.
And which rubbers I should get, I'm going to try playing a rpb and I heard non tacky rubbers would be the best option for that, any suggestions?
Or would it be just fine if I'd take a double pack of these Friendship Rubbers for 8 bucks?

I have player RPB for many years. During my journey I have tried both CPen and JPen with RPB.
Eventually I have settled with JPen with RPB.

I agree with CPen you have a bit more flexibility of your wrist = a bit more spin of RPB loop.

The grip of JPen is very comfortable = more powerful forehand.

You need to decide for yourself. Both JPen and CPen can produce deadly RPB if you put in enough practice.

I am using a thick one-ply hinoki JPen. I can do close to net BH flick and midtable BH loop.

If you just want to try out CPen, there are some cheap but good options:
**DHS PG7 or PG13
**Yasaka Extra Offensive
**Yinhe N9
**Yinhe M6

If you want to try out JPen for a low price, try:
**Yinhe J1(really slow but you put a fast rubber on it)

Many JPen are expensive because real Japanese hinoki wood is hard to source now.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 08:05 

Simon_S,
I have been using an Armstrong blade with the handle slightly modified and I really like it. I started with a typical Cpen I was gifted from a friend and felt it was slipping from my sweaty hands when I played. I started looking at Jpens, but settled on this in-between type. Here is the blade with the handle unchanged.

http://armstrong.tokyo.jp/product/racke ... o_332.html

You can see a better view of it here:

http://iruiru.com/goods_page.php?ct=B&mk=E&gd=BE044

I had the shop file down the cork on one side of the handle (BH) and I rounded it a bit. So the "hook" is only on my FH side and I can twiddle if I like. There are quite a few of these blades out there. I purchased mine while on vacation in Japan. Also I have purchased some rubbers by mail order from the second site listed, and had no problems. The owner also answered my questions in English via email. Look around his site, unfortunately they don't list the blades by type.

Here is the site of the shop I purchased mine from, but they don't do international mail order. As you can see there is quite a selection of these types of handles.

http://www.kokusaitakkyu.com/shopbrand/ ... ge1/price/

Be careful of the weight if you plan to put rubber on both sides. The Armstrong 332 model is light and I had no trouble with Mark V 1.8 and Magic Carbon 2.0 on the blade. I tried a different Armstrong blade, one listed at 85g and I had to choose my rubbers carefully to keep the weight around 155g. The handle is light.

Joseph