OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2021, 23:28 

Hello guys,

Im curious if the penhold handles are very different on these two blades? which one is more comfortable for cpen? as i have seen everyone says the YEO handle is excellent but i cant find a lot of information on the Sweden Extra handle. i am a recreational player and have a few years of penholding after me.
I think YEO would be a little too fast for me, as i love control.
I am thinking to pair this blade with Rakza 7 2.0 on FH and Rakza 7 2.0 soft on the backhand side. What do you think of this combi?
thanks

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2021, 23:37 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
Not a bad decision, that’s an excellent blade!

IIRC the handles are similar. If they differ at all the Sweden is slightly thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2021, 00:20 

Blade: Hinoki Carbon Off++ 9mm
FH: H3
BH: Moon Speed
If they're both Yasaka then assume the same proportions on the handles so they should feel the same.
Handle differences are usually between brands.
For example Stiga handles are generally thick. Great for Xu Xin's large hands, bad for stubby fingers people.

I've held a Yasaka Cpen handle maybe once or twice and have found it to be medium.
Small handles are with brands Avalox and Yinhe (at least up until 10-8 years back) and I found these to be generally uncomfortable and I have small hands myself.
There is the issue of overall handle thickness though. Small handles on a thick blade like the Yinhe T-11 (9mm thick) and comfortable but not the handles on the Yinhe MC-2 which is a 5.8mm blade.

Lately I've been favoring thinner handles tho. These make your hand closer to the blade so it feels more like
"an extension of your hand"
I've also been experimenting a bit modifying my blades into CPen-Jpen hybrids with a bit of cork

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2021, 04:36 

You should feel the Nittaku Acoustic C-pen handle. That is chunky!

I think yinhe N3 /U3 handle feel great.

Of course, also DHS HH2 handle feels awesome. I sand the wings down quite a bit as I like a deep hold.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2021, 06:39 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

YEO is not too fast. If you find the set up too fast, it is likely the rubber and not the blade.
Regarding the Yasaka CPen handles, I find them comfortable after shaving and smoothing the areas for my thumb and index finger.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2021, 10:10 

shaolinTT wrote:
YEO is not too fast. If you find the set up too fast, it is likely the rubber and not the blade.
Regarding the Yasaka CPen handles, I find them comfortable after shaving and smoothing the areas for my thumb and index finger.
As I somewhat know the OP’s situation- I agree that you won’t regret YEO. It will be “relevant” longer and you likely won’t outgrow it.

But, like I said, YSE is not a bad blade.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2021, 14:54 

Alas wrote:
shaolinTT wrote:
As I somewhat know the OP’s situation- I agree that you won’t regret YEO. It will be “relevant” longer and you likely won’t outgrow it.

still thinking about YEO ofcoure. but which rubbers to it? also rakza and rakzasoft? or mark V maybe? I must add im only a recreational player but i tought myself the RPB and I think i hit it very well. learned with a heavy stick :)

i tried shakehand a few times again but i will never go back..penhold is just the natural way for me.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 08:49 

Quote:
I’ve also been experimenting a bit modifying my blades into CPen-Jpen hybrids with a bit of cork

I have been doing so with all my blades in the last 2-3 years. As a former jpen player who now uses a cpen grip and twiddles, I can attest this has been a great option for me. If you’re brave enough to modify your handle, it’s quite easy. I make a vertical cut on the handle beginning where it starts to slant towards blade face on either side, removing the small triangular handle pieces, which gives me some nice, stable “finger hooks”:

Attachments:
F7F7F0E7-D2BF-4A32-A845-C408E5350C06.jpeg
F7F7F0E7-D2BF-4A32-A845-C408E5350C06.jpeg [ 521.39 KiB | Viewed 2303 times ]

Tibhar Genshu L Xiom Vega Pro 1.8 Tibhar Grass D.TecS 0.5
Stiga Clipper Cybershape Yasaka Rakza 7 1.8 Spinlord Blitzschlag OX

Last edited by Pip slap on 13 Dec 2021, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 12:22 

kajetan wrote:
Alas wrote:
shaolinTT wrote:

still thinking about YEO ofcoure. but which rubbers to it? also rakza and rakzasoft? or mark V maybe? I must add im only a recreational player but i tought myself the RPB and I think i hit it very well. learned with a heavy stick :)

i tried shakehand a few times again but i will never go back..penhold is just the natural way for me.