OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 05:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 00:31 
Super User

I am convinced that we need and can develop and super aggressive RPB ala Fan Zhendong and Zhang Jike. I am convinced we need this with the change in ball and the changes of the game. I was experimenting using more pressure on my thumb getting my elbow high and using my body to generate speed to getting about 75% with my amicus differing positions spins etc. Unfortunately, I'm staring at 60 year old and may not have time to develop the technique. I was wondering if you all have been experimenting as much as I and any suggestions you may have.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 03:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

"Man_iii" seems to have it down pat.. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31482&start=15#p339262

Unfortunately his forehand needs work...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 15:05 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Blade: Xiom Offensive S
FH: Regalis Blue Max
BH: Regalis Blue Max
Sure. Just open the blade a bit more with your thumb and drive through more. Keep the frisbee action.

Can you bh loop shakehand? Exact same principle...

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 10:54 
Super User

I've not seen any pros doing it though. Wong Chun Ting I feel has the best RPB of the top players.

https://youtu.be/htd5U334tvs

Almost like Wang Hoa. Running around his forehand.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 01:04 
Super User

Blade: TSP Versal CP
FH: Yasaka Shining Dragon
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon
I had some helpful advise from Silver ! :-) RPB can DEFINITELY be used extremely aggressively.

I tried to use Kreanga's BH forearm rotation as the basis for the RPB and BOY WAS IT A GLASS CANNON !

Also I was trying to emulate the TPB BH attack that I believe Yoshida Kai and Ryu-Seung Min use a lot that is part of the J-pen BH shot ?

So with the RPB flex and Kreanga's power any kind of "normal" or "under-spin" ball will get put away like a bullet. Its the "dead" or "weird" returns to the BH that might require a bit more judgement and finesse that go back to the Wang Hao / Ma Lin / Xu Xin RPB :-D

Lots of the young players are now realising that I attack with hella' power on the BH. So I am having to do RPB BH to FH or deep BH. With that side-spin curve away from the player location. Its called "inside-out" ? or something :lol:

Anyways ! Aggressive RPB a-la Kreanga style is now my main weapon :-D Hope someone else has a similar story so we can develop the RPB into a truly spectacular contender for future World No.1 Penhold players ! :rofl: