OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 20:17 
Cho Tokusen

Fattchoi, I would recommend you to try Violin C-pen (mine is 77 grams).
About Darker, I saw many posts praising 7P2A, but the one I have is 7P2A Carbon (80 grams) and I don't like it, it is slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 20:53 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

aeoliah, I have the violin p-h and quite like the feel. So I expect the violin cpen would be good feel too. Anyway, I had a play with my HH cpen today. Must say I quite like playing with cpen. And I believe last time I don't like the HH due to overvibrating could possibly be my own fault. I was holding it the wrong way :oops: Today, I tried it the way a coach showed my how to hold it last week. And it works fine and as it turns out, the HH is quite nice feel after all. Possibly also could be the Tenergy feel that I like so much as well. So yeah, for now, I will continue to muck about with my HH until such time my EJ virus awakes :P

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 23:12 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
fattchoi wrote:
aeoliah, I have the violin p-h and quite like the feel. So I expect the violin cpen would be good feel too. Anyway, I had a play with my HH cpen today. Must say I quite like playing with cpen. And I believe last time I don't like the HH due to overvibrating could possibly be my own fault. I was holding it the wrong way :oops: Today, I tried it the way a coach showed my how to hold it last week. And it works fine and as it turns out, the HH is quite nice feel after all. Possibly also could be the Tenergy feel that I like so much as well. So yeah, for now, I will continue to muck about with my HH until such time my EJ virus awakes :P

Cheers.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha. Choi, that is what I call a SUPER CLASSIC. Good lesson though, when you think you don't like a blade, try holding it properly and see if its any better!! Glad I prompted you to try it again :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 10:29 
Cho Tokusen

Fattchoi, I also have Violin J-pen but mine is RH, and I am not so keen on it, I like the C-pen version much more. Or perhaps it is due to the rounded shape J-Pen (all my J-pens have squared shape now) ?
However, it would be interesting to see how do you grip the blade before and after the advice of your coach. Can you show some pictures please ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 11:12 
Cho Tokusen

Fattchoi, sorry, I have another question : when you do RPB do you spread your 3 fingers or do you curl them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 20:17 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Reb, indeed holding differently will give different feedback. That is why with my Darker Shake Speed90, when holding as a SH, it is very nice but when I hold it as cpen style, it vibrates a bit more. Mind you, now that I hold it the right way, even the vibration from this Darker is much less now.

aeoliah: Basically, my mistake was that I tried to hold the cpen just like when I hold my jpen. And to make matter worse, for fear of the cpen flying off, I curl the back fingers totally to help grip the handle head tightly. Hence the terrible vibration. But the way I am shown by this coach is to have your thumb and forefinger form a C shape on front of the blade with the other 3 back fingers curled into like a half C shaped?. To be honest, when he told me, I was so worried that the blade will surely fly off my hand. Not only does it not do so, but turns out to be very comfortable to hold too. With the wrong way I held last time, my fingers would get tired and ache. By the way, don't know how to post picture here :oops:

Cheers.
p.s. When I rpb, my fingers remain the same, half curled together. Never spread them as the ball can hit the fingers and aargh...it really hurts :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 20:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
To post pictures here you need to load them into a server somewhere (photobucket is a common and free one) and then you post the link with the brackets around it... Always happy to do it for you, just Email me the pics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 21:17 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

OK, here are the pictures. First 2 pictures are how I used to hold and next 2 pictures are how I was taught to hold. Mind you, for rpb, I keep to same back fingers style but don't know if correct or not as I did not have a chance to ask the coach. But I keep same anyway and it does rpb OK though I must stress, I am not proficient in rpb as yet. Still learning :oops:

Cheers.
p.s. haggis, thanks for your offer to help. Please ignore my PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 22:14 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Speaking of, I saw one of the better Chinese penhold players use a similar (the 2nd) grip. Maybe it's somewhere in between a Japanese penhold grip? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 22:26 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Interesting.

Here's how I do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 00:11 
Cho Tokusen

Fattchoi, I was about to tell you that your explanation is clear enough and I don't need the pictures, but I am happy that my late posting gives you the chance to post your pictures (meaning I can ask again in future ?).

Silver, is that the grip you always do ? It looks a bit awkward for me, anyhow I want to give it a try with my Violin twiddler. However on the BH I will have the rubber only up to the cork part as I don't want to take it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 00:31 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Sometimes I have to coach penholders at the college. While I don't normally play pen, I can use it pretty well. I hold it very similar to Silver and RPB works well with that grip. When I try to curl the fingers in, I can't RPB.
I have not had one student that uses RPB but I have alot started now. Some of them have started pushing with the backside also after watching my Seemiller backside push. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 06:41 
I am Legend
I am Legend

aeoliah wrote:
Silver, is that the grip you always do ? It

Yes, except for serving. I use a more normal cpen grip on the back of the bat for more wrist movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 08:12 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

OK, after a few emails toing and froing with iruiru, I ended up placing an order for 3 cpens, namely the Darker JSpeed 90, Darker 7P2A and Kokutaku Laser Carbon. They are on the way. Should get them on Monday.

I note that Silver attached his rubber differently between FH and BH. Why do you leave a gap between the rubber and handle for FH while no gap for BH? Any theory behind that?

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2008, 09:25 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

OK, as requested by Monkey on another thread, here are a couple of pictures that I took of my new arrivals. The Kokutaku Laser Carbon is 74g, Darker 7P-2A is 74g and Darker JSpeed90 is 76g.

Sorry about pic quality. It is as good as I can take it :oops:

Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next