OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 16:39 

BTW

K-2 is very good for beginner penholders who need some speed but also a good amount of control.

It's good for a variety of rubbers... :D

729 BOMB Penhold
FH Tenergy 05
BH Palio CK531A

I is penholder . :D
Chopping with SH is fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 19:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The bomb c-pen plays nothing like a balsa blade, it has hard outer layers and the further you go the centre ply (cork) the softer the woods gets... it's around OFF-.

I don't know if any of you have actually tried it, but I've had very good feedback from some c-pen players on this blade... I tried it in FL, and loved the feel, but it's a little too fast for me (OFF) as i prefer OFF-, and the handle is too thin for my liking in FL. Since speedplay is used to blades much faster than this, i didn't think it was a bad choice at all...

Sure we sell this and don't sell the others mentioned, but I would say the same if we didn't...honest truth 8)... would not make the slightest bit of difference if he bought it from us or elsewhere to me. I just think it's a good blade and good value... some of the others mentioned probably are too, but i would not dismiss the bomb unless you'd tried it...

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 07:41 

speedplay wrote:
Glueless wrote:
speedplay wrote:
The idea is that playing C-pen with RPB would probably force me to improve my footwork (Yes, probably even more with out the RPB, but I'm over 30, so I need to be realistic about this :wink: ) while also forcing me to stay close to the table. If I can achieve this, then perhaps I would be able to transform some of it to my shake hand game, thus being more lethal.

Or you could take that same amount of money and spend it on an hour of coaching and work on improving your existing shake hand footwork. :shock: :roll: :D

LOL, get real, like coaching could do any good to my game, you know as well as I that it's all about equipment, I pity the fools who believes in coaching :lol:

roflmfao it's all about equipment hehehe :)

729 BOMB Penhold
FH Tenergy 05
BH Palio CK531A

I is penholder . :D
Chopping with SH is fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 10:45 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Speedplay if you don't mind to answer but why would you like to change your grip?
Wat is your main reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 17:26 
Super Looper
Super Looper

speedplay wrote:
purger wrote:
Speedplay if you don't mind to answer but why would you like to change your grip?
Wat is your main reason?

For fun, I suppose...

Actually, there isn't a reason for me to change my grip, I like my shakehand grip a lot and I doubt that I will ever change to penhold, BUT I think it would be kind of fun to try it out.

If it turns out that I can play up to a level were I don't bore the life out of my practice partners, I might get some benefits from it, such as improving footwork and a "mentality" to not give up the table as soon as I do.

I can se your point.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 17:34 
Super User

speedplay wrote:
Wow, thanks guys, loads of suggestions that all sounds pretty tempting, but... I can't find any of them in the OOAK shop...

Sure, there are some galaxy blades, but they are either way much more expensive or Jap/Korean grip, I want it to be C-pen. K-2 looks very nice but a bit to expensive as a first C-pen buy. Also the DHS - Wind Series CW-D, Carbon looks nice, but its a Carbon blade, which I usually don't like, Wavestone is the exception that confirms the rule.

Avalox Blue Thunder also looks great but once again the price tag is kind of hefty to start with.

Main intention is to have a C-pen blade to fool around with, if it turns out I actually can play with it, I hope to learn stuff to improve my shakehand game. If it turns out my pen-grip game is better then my shakehand grip game is, then I'll look into the more expensive blades.

is there any 729 blade that feels like cw-d?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 04:39 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Speedplay,
Come back.
We all promise not to shoot you! :D