OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: RPB Rubber
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 21:14 

Hello guys i would like you to tell me some good rubbers to use for my rpb. I bought a Yasaka ma lin soft carbon 4 months ago with sriver eL for the backhand and H3 Neo (The one with 15$) on the forehand. I ended up playing with sriver on my FH since h3 didnt come up as good as I expected to be..to tacky and very unstable on loops and blocks..I Tried to use it as an rpb ruber but it made me wanna tear it off the blade..So i'd like to change it for a good rubber for rpb and stick with the sriver in FH. Well you might say why dont you play with sriver on bh and buy a new fh rubber.. well i would if the sriver wasnt cut in the bottom and i dont like that for bh and sriver plays very good in forehand too.. Anyone i was thinking about Bryce speed 2.1 or smthing like that.. Maybe another sriver ? or its too lame..? Also i would like to tell me what rubber was wang hao using for his bh in german open..
Any advice is appriciated

Thx in advance

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: RPB Rubber
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 07:47 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Try something with high grip and a medium sponge. Sriver (and variants) and Mark V are fine. If you want something faster, try a tensor, around 45 degrees.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 07:52 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Where I was in China, Sriver FX was the most common rubber for backhand among the higher rated players. :) (2000 level up to provincial level)

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 07:59 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

I have started a thread in another forum asking what set up penholders use.
For the CPen players (so far):
-5-ply wood blade is by far the most popular.
-Sriver EL is the most popular BH rubber.
-FH rubbers: more variations but many like H3.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 19:02 

So you're saying that there's no problem if i use srivel EL both on fh and bh..A friend of mine uses sriver fx on a shakehand blade so i am gonna try it and compare it with sriver el..For fh i am not sure..is h3 that different from h3 neo? Sometimes when i loop with power h3 neo makes a weird sound like the blade is broken..and in blocks it is able to send the easy and slow topspins out of the table and the fast and powerful ones in! I really want a similar rubber to sriver el for forehand cause sriver might not be that speedy but the control and stability makes up for it..if h3 is like this i am willing to try it :). And what about bryce? is it that bad compared with sriver series?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 08:29 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

I like Mark V on my FH. I have tried Sriver EL and H3 on my FH too and they are also good.
I don't need a powerful rubber since I play close to the table, but a little bit faster for the FH would be nice.
I am thinking of Neo H3 or Neo H2 (or even tenergy 25) so comments from other friends here would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!
(For my BH, I am happy with my EL or G2 FX)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 12:02 
I am Legend
I am Legend

i've just switched from T05 to H2Neo on the FH and from JP Gold to T64 on the bh.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 12:16 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Silver wrote:
i've just switched from T05 to H2Neo on the FH and from JP Gold to T64 on the bh.

How do you like your H2 Neo for FH?
I play close to the table with more compact "Chinese strokes", and more TBH than RPB. I am thinking of getting the Neo H2 (rather than the Neo H3 or T25).
Thanks Silver.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 13:32 
I am Legend
I am Legend

It's a big change from T05. The H2Neo I have feels softer (but similarly dense) than the H3Neo I tried previously.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 20:15 

How does t05 feel for ph forehand? Are you recommending h2 neo? I decided to buy sriver el (2.1) for bh and search for a good fh rubber.. shaolin can you tell how is it to play with mark v on fh and how thick is it?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 00:45 

I figure if you're gonna spend $45 USD on Bryce you may as well spend $55 on Tenergy. :D I find T05 excellent for both RPB FH and BH. If you are thinking about trying T05, know that there are 2 speeds. This is what makes it so versatile in my book. Slow and soft for brush loops and pushes. Hard, fast, spinny when you accelerate into sponge. The difficulty in T05 is controlling/transitioning between those gears. You need to get a feel for when the sponge compresses or you will hit long on the fast shots. You will find that the audible CLICK of the sponge will automatically tell your brain to adjust when playing 2nd gear. I think some people do not like this non-linear feeling and prefer to go with linear rubbers like Sriver EL and FX.

In the past, I used H2 and Sterco on RPB FH. H2 was great for smashing low loops, a bit too bouncy for short game and heavy. Sterco was great for both, had high throw similar to T05, was much lighter, had excellent push control, but did not have the high gear and felt more linear in speed so it was more predictable.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 00:58 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

ZeroPredaToR wrote:
can you tell how is it to play with mark v on fh and how thick is it?

I use 2.0mm Mark V. Mark V is a versatile rubber that works well on all strokes. It has good control but not as powerful (or spinny) as the newer rubbers of today. Srivers and Mark V's are similar rubbers.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 04:26 

Me and my friend (who plays sh) will order in a few days..he's getting a t05 for his fh so propably i will try it from him and see how it feels.. I just saw on presports that they have a butterfly high tune sriver L rubber and it made me wonder what's the difference between this and the normal sriver except that the first cost alot more.. I am propably going to get a fh cheap fh rubber till i test t05 and i was thinking something like mark v or tg3.. not sure though..what you guys think?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 23:10 

I use 2.0mm Tenergy 05 on my FH with a Taksim butterfly blade (off) and am very happy with it. I still have to control myself not to overhit when close to the table but the range is good about a 1-2 metres back. I have tried a few rubbers for RPB

1. Xiom III (Asian version) hard sponge, fast rubber - not entirely satisfactory as can't get a consistent opening loop.
2. Joola Green Power X-tra - very soft sponge. Great for close to the table, good opening loop but once playing away from the table, lacks the power and most shots go into the net.
3. Tenergy 05fx experimenting with it so far and looking quite promising.