OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Jul 2017, 06:10


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
Author Message
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 03:44 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3114
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 783 times
Been thanked: 343 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B


Chen took some (bat?) doping before this game. :lol: Beware: Joo gets crushed.


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 13:57 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 17:01
Posts: 424
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: Joola CWX
FH: T05 2.1
BH: Sanwei Code 1.0
Lorre wrote:


Chen took some (bat?) doping before this game. :lol:


Yep, Chen had lot's of crazy fast shots - and Joo brought many of them back in unbeliveable manner. :)

For me it seems that the new ball has decreased the defenders backspin effect a lot, so Chen can smash one after another. And after all, it's easier to hit hard than return hard shots. Even Joo's incredible return skills are not enough, so my prediction is (still) the downhill of defenders in the top level. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 17:41 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3364
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 254 times
Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: DMS Mega Block 1.5
Roy wrote:
Lorre wrote:


Chen took some (bat?) doping before this game. :lol:


Yep, Chen had lot's of crazy fast shots - and Joo brought many of them back in unbeliveable manner. :)

For me it seems that the new ball has decreased the defenders backspin effect a lot, so Chen can smash one after another. And after all, it's easier to hit hard than return hard shots. Even Joo's incredible return skills are not enough, so my prediction is (still) the downhill of defenders in the top level. :(


I have tried the new Stiga plastic ball (follow up to Optimum 40+). It feels closer to a seamless XuShaofa than to Optimum. Very good quality and no unpredictable bounces but very little spin. I guess the new generations of DHS, Butterfly, Nittaku etc is similar. Harder, rounder and less spin...

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 19:18 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3114
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 783 times
Been thanked: 343 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
Def-attack wrote:
I have tried the new Stiga plastic ball (follow up to Optimum 40+). It feels closer to a seamless XuShaofa than to Optimum. Very good quality and no unpredictable bounces but very little spin. I guess the new generations of DHS, Butterfly, Nittaku etc is similar. Harder, rounder and less spin...


Well, we transitioned to a seamless ball from the start and I can still get some very good spin out of them. Maybe adjustment problems... I have 3* D40 with me. I didn't have the chance yet to try them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 22:51 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 02 May 2017, 11:49
Posts: 31
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: 729 Geospin Tacky 2.15
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.0


Nice gag about the 2003 WTTC near the end, too.

_________________
Seeking joy and fitness in recreational modern defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 17:11 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5709
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 669 times
kaesees wrote:

Nice gag about the 2003 WTTC near the end, too.


?? The part about throwing the racket? (Didn't see that.. :lol: )

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 23:16 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 02 May 2017, 11:49
Posts: 31
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: 729 Geospin Tacky 2.15
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.0
iskandar taib wrote:
kaesees wrote:

Nice gag about the 2003 WTTC near the end, too.


?? The part about throwing the racket?





Yep, cf. about 44:35 here:

_________________
Seeking joy and fitness in recreational modern defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 21:24 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3114
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 783 times
Been thanked: 343 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: