OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 19:23 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Stephen, how do you compare Agenda with Dr Neubauer Number 1, which I know you played?

I have some of that on order.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 20:00 

Oh, I stopped using it for a long while. Spinlord Agenda OX is way better than Dr.Neubauer No.1 OX.
Main reason is it doesn't takes the pace off, bit bouncy, chops higher though it attacks pretty well. Its not that consistent and safe as Agenda OX.

I mainly use LP OX to chop, attack and sometimes block. Initially, I was a bit concerned that it is advertised chopping is its only strength as my other important criteria is it must be able to attack in a controllable way. Well, i am relieved that it not only chops low and attacks well!

PingpongStephentai :) :) :)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 20:26 

Hi,

Video clip below shows I was using Agenda LP OX plus Dr.Neubauer World Champion Carbon to do
attacking. To my surprise, its pretty easy and consistent to attack back spin balls. Some LP OXs fail in this respect as slight wrong bat angle movement will result into net or go long.

This is my first time using it in a proper tournament. My opponent is Mr. Inh Van Le, many-time Australian Veterans Champs and even won in World Veterans Champ too. Though I was lost, but I
am happy with the Agenda LP OX!

Enjoy!
PingpongStephenTai :) :) :)

Last edited by pingpongstephen on 26 Mar 2017, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 20:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

pingpongstephen wrote:
Spinlord Agenda OX is way better than Dr.Neubauer No.1 OX. Main reason is it doesn't takes the pace off, bit bouncy, chops higher though it attacks pretty well. Its not that consistent and safe as Agenda OX.

Thanks for the info. They had one last sheet of Agenda OX available with a good discount and I bought it on a whim. Glad I did. Really great rubber.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 20:55 

Good on you, Mynamenotbob, got the last Spinlord Agenda OX in the last minute change of mind.
It is much cheaper than Dr.Neubauer No.1 and Tibhar DTecs.

Hope it works for you as everyone's expectation is different! I will post some more videos of mine
using this LP OX in an all-round way: chop, occasional block, swipe return serve and hit in real games!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 21:08 

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Hellfire OX
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.7mm
I use SpinLord Sternenfall OX and I found it's the best for attacking no spin. I use my pips in the forehand as an attacking game, so I never chop.
I'll try agenda in the future to compare

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 01:48 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
pingpongstephen wrote:
Hi Old-Man-Southpaw,

Thanks that you like my style of play. Judging from what you describe yourself, "chop, push and attack", it is quite similar to mine!

I have been using numerous LP OX in the past few years. Though I don't like much of Tibhar DTecs OX, I have been sticking to it for years. For sure, it gives you weir effect, but consistency is an issue. I have been looking for a replacement. However, all in vain!

2 months ago, I found a gem, Spinlord Agenda OX. It excels in chopping as advertised. At the same time it can attack, block, swipe and push. It is just nearly half the price of DTecs OX. its more consistent, probably an all-round pimple rubber. You feel safe when using it in every stroke!

I have recommended some mates to try it and they are very happy!

I have used it in two tournaments. Very satisfied and I will explore more to fully utilize its strength. I haven't got time to push some of my videos using this rubber onto youtube and updating in this particular forum yet.

Stay tuned and I will do it at a later stage. In the mean time, I can propose you to watch my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/pingpongstephentai

You will see a lot of amateur videos recorded in Australia and New Zealand. There are lots of high-skill long pimple players too(excluding me, haha!). Feel free to give me some comments!

Regards
PingpongStephentai :) :) :)

Thanks for the reply, Stephen. Yes, I am trying to play a very similar style. I subscribed to your video channel. I also watched some. Yes, I have severe problems controlling the ball when trying to attack with DTecS 0x.

I particularly noticed in the 2015 video how you are attacking the pushes (like at 00:16 in the 2015 video, where I can hear the crack sound as you smack the ball). What rubber was on your backhand then, if you could tell me please?

https://youtu.be/psavnHbyXZM?t=16

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 08:56 

Hi Ol-Man-Southpaw,

I was using Tibhar DTecs OX at that time.
Thanks for subscribing to my youtube channel!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 14:50 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
LOL, Just my luck.

I guess I'll just keep trying...

Thanks for the reply :)

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 15:11 

Hi guys,

Following are two videos using Spinlord Agenda LP OX vs a prominent Japanese player in a tournament. The Agenda OX does show that it has a very good all-round capabilities in the areas of chopping, return serve, blocking and hitting. Consistency is what I like! I will stick to it and explore more strengths of this rubber!

Enjoy for sharing my videos!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 18:48 
Super User

Great long pips play Stephen and thanks for sharing :up:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 19:29 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

You're playing really well. I thought you were going to beat that guy. You seem to stick with the Dr. N. World Champion blade. What do you like about that particular blade? It's a compact blade isn't it? Not an oversized defenders blade?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 20:22 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
great game pingpongstephen :up:

only one observation if you dont mind...guy that you were playing against has a weak BH, so it is understandable that you played him all the shots in his BH corner...

but that is also what he likes and what probably 90% of the players are playing against him...

so if you have the chance to play him again, mix every 3rd, 4th ball to his far FH with your aggressive push and then he will be lost and not able to jump around to make his kiler FH shots anymore...imho ofc :angel:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 20:30 

Hi TTbuddy and Mynamenotbob,

Thanks a lot for your interests in my videos posted! If you like to see more videos related to Australian and NZ long pimple players, you can visit my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/pingpongstephentai

There is a section dedicated to Long Pimple Players.

Well, Mynamenotbob, I was really upset that I could not hang in to beat that guy. I was leading on two occasions, 5-3 and 7-5 in the 5th set and wasted the golden chance. Table tennis is just like that - a split second wrong decision would change the scores. Well, learn something and succeed next time!

I have been using Dr.Neubauer World Champion blade for quite a number of years. Though I did try some others, but not very successful. Eventually, came back to use it. The main reason is its feel, control and weight not very heavy, around 74-76 grams. I got two anyway. Oh, its not expensive too. I reckon its OFF-, good enough for attack.

Over a year ago, Dr. Neubauer came up with a new version of Dr.Neubauer World Champion with carbon and called it Dr.Neubauer World Champion Carbon. I got a special price from Carlston of Dr.Neubauer manuacturer. Its not an oversize blade, same thickness as its predecessor. I have no idea of wood materials inside. Its always Dr.Neubauer's secret.

Weighing 77 gm and I paired it with Tibhar Grass DTecs OX. The feel was not very good, a bit hard. I went into a veterans tournament and still I played very well and got into QF. I put it away and return back to normal Dr.Neubauer World Champion blade.

Well, over a month ago, I took it out and just for fun paired with new Spinlord Agenda OX. Quite a surprise, the feel is pretty good and even better than when I first tried Agenda OX on the normal Dr.Neubauer World Champion. After playing in a couple of tournaments, I feel more confident using this new combo now!

Will keep you guys post!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 20:43 

Hi 111Iceman111,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I will certainly take that into consideration.

That young Japanese mate is extremely good in his FH drives and won nearly 90% shots. I know his BH is weaker. He is using Armstrong Medium LP, same as world-famous Fukuhara Ai's. Actually, I should not have chopped and being too passive. His BH lift is just very mild top spin only. I should have attacked with LP or stepped around to counter with FH drives. Or perhaps as you said, every now and then, use my aggressive push or even swipe to his FH.

There are so many options. I will certainly work it out. This is the beauty of video recording games in action and you can analyze it and improve yourself!

Thanks for your concern!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next