OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 11 Apr 2024, 06:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 14:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Good video pingpongstephen!

What made you try Donic Piranja TEC OX? I've never heard of anyone using this in OX! :lol: Timo Boll ALC is fast as well!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 14:58 

Hi Haggisv,

Thanks for your support! Reason I like to try the Donic Piranja OX is because I saw a lady using it on internet for OX hitting and blocking plus some forums saying a bit of good things. have been using it for a few months and even in tournaments. Quite OK, more easier to control than DTECs and, of course, not that deceptive as DTecs.

I'll order the HellFire OX from you next week and see how it goes. I am now trying to combine all the LP OX skills in games, hopefully I can win more by playing more aggressively. How do you find HellFire anyway?

I have been using ALC for a while. Quite OK for my style. Unfortunately, the handle is not smooth to twiddle. Nittaku Rutis is not bad either. I have also got the Victas VKM Offensive blade, will try out later! Too many things to test and I hope I can do some review on the Hellfire OX soon!

Keep in touch and cheers!
PingpongStephenTai :) :) :)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 15:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I haven't got back to Hellfire, since I've been testing my Barath blade. I've only got time to practice once a week at the moment, so my testing time is limited. :(

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 15:24 

What is Barath blade? Made by Re-Impact?

Regards
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 15:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yep. There is a tiny little thread on it here: :lol: :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21897

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 15:33 

Got it. Thanks Haggisv!
Regards

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 06:04 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I like the style. What pips is working best for it? I've been playing Dtecs 0x. I hit for a bit with Donic Piranja 0x last night and going to try a sheet of it on my spare blade next week.

I also chop, push and hit, LOL, or at least try to.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 15:50 

Hi Old-Man-Southpaw,

Thanks that you like my style of play. Judging from what you describe yourself, "chop, push and attack", it is quite similar to mine!

I have been using numerous LP OX in the past few years. Though I don't like much of Tibhar DTecs OX, I have been sticking to it for years. For sure, it gives you weir effect, but consistency is an issue. I have been looking for a replacement. However, all in vain!

2 months ago, I found a gem, Spinlord Agenda OX. It excels in chopping as advertised. At the same time it can attack, block, swipe and push. It is just nearly half the price of DTecs OX. its more consistent, probably an all-round pimple rubber. You feel safe when using it in every stroke!

I have recommended some mates to try it and they are very happy!

I have used it in two tournaments. Very satisfied and I will explore more to fully utilize its strength. I haven't got time to push some of my videos using this rubber onto youtube and updating in this particular forum yet.

Stay tuned and I will do it at a later stage. In the mean time, I can propose you to watch my youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/pingpongstephentai

You will see a lot of amateur videos recorded in Australia and New Zealand. There are lots of high-skill long pimple players too(excluding me, haha!). Feel free to give me some comments!

Regards
PingpongStephentai :) :) :)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 16:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

pingpongstephen wrote:
2 months ago, I found a gem, Spinlord Agenda OX. It excels in chopping as advertised. At the same time it can attack, block, swipe and push. It is just nearly half the price of DTecs OX. its more consistent, probably an all-round pimple rubber. You feel safe when using it in every stroke!

I have recommended some mates to try it and they are very happy!

Sounds like one I should try too! I'm using Dornenglanz at the moment, which is really good, but unfortunately it's not very durable. Have you tried this? How's the durability of the Agenda?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 18:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've been using Agenda OX also. It gives many people problems for some reason. I haven't broken any pips yet, but I very rarely break pips.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 18:55 

Hi Haggisv,

I tried the Dornglanz I and II, I don't quite like it. In terms of durability, Agenda OX seems to have no issue at all. I played over a month already.

As I said, I have been trying to replace the DTecs OX for years, but could not find a good alternative. A month ago, just a sort of give it a go to try one more LP OX. Surprisingly, Agenda lives up to its expectation, being not only good in chopping, but attacking has no complaint. its much cheaper too!

I will stick to it for a while in all competitions. Its not as weird as the DTecs OX, but consistency and being all-round in all strokes are important to win games.

I will post a few of my videos testing it games in a couple of days time!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 19:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks guys!

So does it take the pace off as well as Dornenglanz (the original, not Dornenglanz II which is more lively)?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 19:13 

Yes, it does. Its slower than Dtecs. But very safe in every aspect!

Last edited by pingpongstephen on 26 Mar 2017, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 19:14 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
One thing I can say about Agenda is it attacks no-spin like no other.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 19:19 

True, it attacks very well though adverised ad a chopping rubber. I will post a video of my attacking clip soon!

Last edited by pingpongstephen on 26 Mar 2017, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!