OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 01:13 

No one said that it is a fluke. I just say that it was funny. In baseball terms, a player with 25 HR suddenly turned to a player with 70 HR :?:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 17:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
With full credit to egghead, here is the link for the team gold matches; it only works locally(singapore), so you will need TouchVPN extension for Chrome set to singapore:

https://video.toggle.sg/en/series/table ... p14/596208

It work!!! Great match too!

Picture of the bats:
Attachment:
batra-bat.jpg
batra-bat.jpg [ 66.65 KiB | Viewed 5285 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 18:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Heheh.. more than you ever wanted to know.

Now all we need is for Igor to add his two kopecks.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 23:58 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
haha great find iskandar :party:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 09:55 

haggisv wrote:
With full credit to egghead, here is the link for the team gold matches; it only works locally(singapore), so you will need TouchVPN extension for Chrome set to singapore:

https://video.toggle.sg/en/series/table ... p14/596208

It work!!! Great match too!

Picture of the bats:
Attachment:
batra-bat.jpg

If you want to watch all her CW table tennis matches (team, single), you can watch them at the same website (single final at EP34, single semis at EP32 etc...)
https://tv.toggle.sg/en/shows/table-ten ... s/episodes

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 13:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

111Iceman111 wrote:
haha great find iskandar :party:

Note they forgot to blank out her license plate number... :lol: Wonder if Indian paparazzi are as persistent or as dangerous as Italian or French paparazzi, or whether they'd bother with a table tennis player. At 6 feet, she'd tower over most Indian men, I think (though some northern Indians are pretty tall). I imagine most Indian men would be as conservative as other men in matters such as this and would find this a bit of a turn-off.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 02:54 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
Iskandar thats a great video and a great find.

With respect to height depends on nutritional status while growing,Indian nutritional standards have risen a lot so u will see a lot
of taller healthy indian sports personnel now esp in sports where adequate knowledge of nutrition has a great role in stamina.Infact i stand 5 feet 10 and my mom is 5 feet 3 and dad 5fee 5,my grandpa was 6 feet so i lost 2 inches,where as my maternal great grandpa was 6 feet 7 inches and my maternal grandpa was 5 5 but his grandkids almost all males are 6 feet and above.Apart from genes also nutrition and exercises play a great effect.

I am from India and i will give u a rough estimate of the sports condition in India i am talking about in south india esp karnataka.
very few coaches at my time around 1990s and very few locations to go and practice and most practice locations at far off places mine was about 5 miles from my home and classes are in evening,there were no proper travelling means had to use bicycle up and down and my parents were dead scared to send me alone unless with a friend.
schools start at 9 am and end at 4 pm and most classes are from 5 pm to 8 pm and schools dont provide separate education to sports kids,so most parents are very hesitant to send kids as these sports are not encouraged a lot in india most attention is towards cricket then football volley ball badminton and other sports.
I was introduced towards this game when i was in 7th grade and my brother had brought a paddle around 250 rupees gki paddle.I saw some games and liked it it was great for my eyes.I played cricket at very high level naturally and that was my first love however i had a poor shoulder and forearm so my coach punished me to play table tennis for a period of one to two hrs daily and thats how i learnt to play it.It increased my arm shoulder and forearm strength enormously.
Then into professional colleges preuniversity due to education had to leave the game for 2 yrs to get into a graduate course .
Once into professional course played about 4 to 5 days a week for 3 yrs and left again before coming to us.

Fast forward this is my gut feeling about table tennis,this is one of the safest sports for kids and is great for their eyes,and u can engage your kid to play with you and make great bonds ,my kid is only 4 but she wants to play with dad,will teach her.

Fast forward to 2018 scene is much better in most metropolitan cities like bangalore chennai calcutta,mumbai newdelhi and chandigarh lucknow with more coaches.Also Indian market is more open to get different types of rubbers and blades which was a great ordeal to get during 1990s but the state of condition is my state is still poor only few cities in karnataka have coaching or playing facilities contd...

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 03:07 

In karnataka very great opportunities to practice and play at bangalore mysore and mangalore with supportive coaches,
other notable cities are hubli and belgaum,davangere,dharward with fewer places to play.
If u need to get better u will have to move to a bigger city or else no other option.
Also nowadays indian parents are more open to pursuing other sports compared to my time which is very good
Also Govt needs to make sports equipment more cheaper so its available easily and to use.
Nowadays there is online shopping and youtube with great coaches and tutorials so lots of people now more interested to pick the sport and play.Also now we have a table tennis league which is great and will improve the excitement and interest of this sport in india.Also Indian sports association and govt open to hiring foreign coaches,current one is a foreign coach i think from europe and they are doing a great coaching effort already u can see the enormous difference
almost 5 to 6 indians in top 100 it used to be one or two all the time
And among females its great to have Bhatra ,lot of them will start taking this as a profession.
I am glad the sports is on rise ,its a great sport,if the govt helps a little bit more i mean provide playing locations with
tables and other facilities we will be ready to challenge the chinese in another 10 to 15 yrs.
For EX in germany even a small city has two to three clubs where in a india in 100 small cities u will find only in around 10 cities.China is at a different level due to their govt involvement and commitment.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 03:23 

In USA this is my feeling individual sports like table tennis,badminton and others not given same attention at all as football
baseball and athletics and basket ball.even a 1% fraction of the budget used for these sports is more than enough for the game to flourish.US and the federal govt has adequate fundings to provide this amount to create something like what the chinese have
done US National team A,
i am surprised with this as the US scene is currently exploding with so many young players and they are
catching up with the top players very soon,this should create something like the chinese have done and they should start
professional leagues like NBA to entertain foreign players and it will be a great boost to sports.US has more financial support than any other country in the world and also the best sports physios in the world.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 19:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Back on topic... I've found Manika on FB and have sent her a message...perhaps she's willing to answer a few questions... no response yet, but I keep hoping. ;)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 22:24 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
haggisv wrote:
Back on topic... I've found Manika on FB and have sent her a message...perhaps she's willing to answer a few questions... no response yet, but I keep hoping. ;)

Wow ! That would be really great treat for all of us TT fans ! :-) Esp. that she beat Feng Tian Wei and all to get gold @ Commonwealth Games where TT is dominated continuously by SG most of the years.

With her block/push with aggressive attacking style and weird float/drift/wobble returns :-) there should be a ton of interest :-)

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 23:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8x0yncpXtM
Lets tell Adham Bobrow to canvass Manika.

The best place where to contact to Adham, I suppose.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamBobrowOfficial/

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 20:48 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For once, Igor has a great idea. :lol:

For those who don't feel like clicking on his link (it leads to a playlist), this is a series of videos titled "ITTF Ask A Pro Anything". Lots of pros "asked", e.g. Gionis:

Maybe someone might want to ask Ms. Bhatra what a lakh is.. :lol: (A lakh is 10,000. I suppose, in this case, Rupees. That scooter cost her $151 - !!really!!?? - and the car cost her $2100. Wow.. cars are CHEAP in India!!)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 20:55 
Super User

Isk,
1 lakh Rupees (Rs.) = 100000 :)

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 19:39 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next