OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 01:54 

Watching a bit more--the sabina winter match--it's clear that Manika's Dtecs is well treated. Fair play to her!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 02:45 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
How can you tell?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 13:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes, i doubt very much it's treated, and I certainly can't see evidence of this in the video.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 13:25 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

One needs to get out of the mind set that if a LP OX player is doing well, it is treated. She does not play a frictionless game. the grip she gets off her pips are actually an advantage to her, which is probably why she uses dtecs and not something more frictionless.

All credit to her - And her change of style in the comm games match against Feng was genius. simply twiddled to loop off backhand and pip block off forehand, to "surprise" her as she would normally play the other way around!

Genius.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 14:04 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
I watched her games and i do play 3 guys with long pips in my club one with 755 729 with 1mm sponge and another with ox dtech .If u play with tacky rubber on fh u can play with them easily.Also i play with a short pip guy in the local club.The short pips one am not sure what type he has on it but i defeat him easily 3 sets to zero without much effort as the guy doesnot know how to play with short pips.
Out of the 3 guys with long pips one guy is around 2200 usa tt . he plays with xiom zetro quad with 1 mm LP on BH and xiom omega pro 4 on FH.He used to p lay inverted both and has recently changed to LP on bh for the last 6 months and he twiddles great.Today i took one set from him and am getting better playing with him as he pushes the ball all the time to bh and mine is just average as due to my prior leg fracture cant move much.He never pushes on my fh as i have 729 08 on fh and he knows he cant return my fh top spins all the time.I am getting better with exercises and as i resumed after 12 yrs.

on the second guy with LP he plays in def blade and has h8 on fh and dtech grass on bh.He is above 60 yrs and i defeat him easily but he gives me great practice how to play with LP

On the third guy he plays with a def blade with t05 on fh and dtech grass on bh.He is a very interesting player with great improvisations and gives me a lot of challenges
but serves poorly and looses with me.He serves long and in the middle which is not great.

While playing with LP all topspins should be at the edge of the table towards LP Side and also serves should be backspin quick serves to the edge of the table quick at his LP so he cant use the FH to top spin it and if he returns it it will be top spin for you,If he twiddles ball will rise and get ready for top spin smash.Dont do sidespin serves to LP they will return to awkward places and u will loose ur game plan.Also learn to flat smash the ball it will be great help to u.LP payers start adjusting by twiddling then start top spinning at the edge of the middle of the table this will make the players turn towards one side and attack the other side on return.When is doubt always chop deeply to the LP side it will give u a lot of time to adapt.All topspins to the edge of the table and the edge of the sides.

LP payers if very athletic then u r in deep trouble u will need to keep changing tactics or u will lose.Only a fraction of them are athletic remaining feed on ur mistakes.It took me 6 months to defeat the other 2 Long pip players.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 18:08 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

anand0077 wrote:
I watched her games and i do play 3 guys with long pips in my club one with 755 729 with 1mm sponge and another with ox dtech .If u play with tacky rubber on fh u can play with them easily.Also i play with a short pip guy in the local club.The short pips one am not sure what type he has on it but i defeat him easily 3 sets to zero without much effort as the guy doesnot know how to play with short pips.
Out of the 3 guys with long pips one guy is around 2200 usa tt . he plays with xiom zetro quad with 1 mm LP on BH and xiom omega pro 4 on FH.He used to p lay inverted both and has recently changed to LP on bh for the last 6 months and he twiddles great.Today i took one set from him and am getting better playing with him as he pushes the ball all the time to bh and mine is just average as due to my prior leg fracture cant move much.He never pushes on my fh as i have 729 08 on fh and he knows he cant return my fh top spins all the time.I am getting better with exercises and as i resumed after 12 yrs.

on the second guy with LP he plays in def blade and has h8 on fh and dtech grass on bh.He is above 60 yrs and i defeat him easily but he gives me great practice how to play with LP

On the third guy he plays with a def blade with t05 on fh and dtech grass on bh.He is a very interesting player with great improvisations and gives me a lot of challenges
but serves poorly and looses with me.He serves long and in the middle which is not great.

While playing with LP all topspins should be at the edge of the table towards LP Side and also serves should be backspin quick serves to the edge of the table quick at his LP so he cant use the FH to top spin it and if he returns it it will be top spin for you,If he twiddles ball will rise and get ready for top spin smash.Dont do sidespin serves to LP they will return to awkward places and u will loose ur game plan.Also learn to flat smash the ball it will be great help to u.LP payers start adjusting by twiddling then start top spinning at the edge of the middle of the table this will make the players turn towards one side and attack the other side on return.When is doubt always chop deeply to the LP side it will give u a lot of time to adapt.All topspins to the edge of the table and the edge of the sides.

LP payers if very athletic then u r in deep trouble u will need to keep changing tactics or u will lose.Only a fraction of them are athletic remaining feed on ur mistakes.It took me 6 months to defeat the other 2 Long pip players.

hard to judge a couple of random club players with a person who just beat number 4 in the World

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 20:01 

Manika is definitely using BTY Timo Boll ZLC blade.
Take a look at the photo from Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games:

https://www.gc2018.com/article/india-cl ... nnis-title

Attachments:
Batra.jpg
Batra.jpg [ 123.9 KiB | Viewed 6469 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 07:18 

SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
One needs to get out of the mind set that if a LP OX player is doing well, it is treated. She does not play a frictionless game. the grip she gets off her pips are actually an advantage to her, which is probably why she uses dtecs and not something more frictionless.

All credit to her - And her change of style in the comm games match against Feng was genius. simply twiddled to loop off backhand and pip block off forehand, to "surprise" her as she would normally play the other way around!

Genius.

Hey, don't get me wrong, she's amazing--great for the game, great for the longpips/stor speiler style that I play and love--and whether or not her pips are treated does not discount for one second the quality of her play, the magnitude of her victory etc. She is brilliant and playing against players with rubbers boosted to the nines so, hey, whatever you gotta do...

In just a quick, cursory viewing, IMO, some of the passively blocked balls pull up way short with massive backspin, the way the old celluloid balls used to which might suggest treatment but could be just the way it looks on the screen. Some mad wobblers as well but...

As for grip, there does be more than one way to treat a rubber, tops but not sides, sides but not tops etc. But there is no evidence, of course, to suggest treated rubbers. Just an impression, one Dtecs user of another. I'll retract the assumption. Now I wonder is her Tenergy boosted... |(

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 16:00 

Problem with Long pip players is they have to play far off the table to be successful all the time like the korean players watch how they play with long pips and even the japanese player with short pips ,also u need to be more athletic and need to guess where the ball will be very fast,if u stand close to table and just loop block its fine for regular loops but when u stat encountering loops with lateral spin from tacky rubbers u wont stand a chance as the ball will go sideways and out of the table.This is the reason why long pip players chop the ball far from table.Also very few players in the top league even including among chinese only ma long and fan zhendong loop a lot with side spin than other chinese players.To get a lot of side spin in loops u need to play chinese style and take the forehand behind ur back and also hit from the ground.If u just topspin then ur sitting duck for LP as they will punch u immediately.Playing with long pips also needs lot of smartness u need to know when u can loop and when u can punch the ball. I would recommend reading this great article
https://thoughtsontabletennis.wordpress ... g-pimples/

read this and make ur life easy.All LP players seem the same to me except for their FH and quickness if both of these are good
with great foot work u have a long drawn battle on hand.
The Indian player she plays great for her style compare her to korean long pips and u will find lots of bad things as she is not that athletic around the table.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 03:08 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
anand0077 wrote:
Problem with Long pip players is they have to play far off the table to be successful all the time like the korean players watch how they play with long pips and even the japanese player with short pips ,also u need to be more athletic and need to guess where the ball will be very fast,if u stand close to table and just loop block its fine for regular loops but when u stat encountering loops with lateral spin from tacky rubbers u wont stand a chance as the ball will go sideways and out of the table.This is the reason why long pip players chop the ball far from table.Also very few players in the top league even including among chinese only ma long and fan zhendong loop a lot with side spin than other chinese players.To get a lot of side spin in loops u need to play chinese style and take the forehand behind ur back and also hit from the ground.If u just topspin then ur sitting duck for LP as they will punch u immediately.Playing with long pips also needs lot of smartness u need to know when u can loop and when u can punch the ball. I would recommend reading this great article
https://thoughtsontabletennis.wordpress ... g-pimples/

read this and make ur life easy.All LP players seem the same to me except for their FH and quickness if both of these are good
with great foot work u have a long drawn battle on hand.
The Indian player she plays great for her style compare her to korean long pips and u will find lots of bad things as she is not that athletic around the table.

Not sure that's been my experience. As people tend to avoid giving side spin to anti or slick lp because the returns can be so unpredictable and wobbly. Manika is an lp blocker so she stays close to the table, her style isn't too similar to the chopping koreans.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 03:43 

Manika won her semi—final 4:3 against Feng Tianwei at the Commonwealth Games.

She then ran through the final 4:0 against Yu Mengyu.

I think she now has arrived in top players League.

Congrats Manika!!! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 07:54 

SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:

Genius.

You need to know not all treated LPs are frictionless LPs. Also, You can play with a dirty / wear out LPs as well. Did you hear "Light curing certification" LPs before?
Last month, Yang Haeun beat her 4-0. Beside the twiddling (I saw that pt too), her LP's blocking and hitting are so unreal.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 08:04 

kevgeomcc wrote:
Hey, don't get me wrong, she's amazing--great for the game, great for the longpips/stor speiler style that I play and love--and whether or not her pips are treated does not discount for one second the quality of her play, the magnitude of her victory etc. She is brilliant and playing against players with rubbers boosted to the nines so, hey, whatever you gotta do...

In just a quick, cursory viewing, IMO, some of the passively blocked balls pull up way short with massive backspin, the way the old celluloid balls used to which might suggest treatment but could be just the way it looks on the screen. Some mad wobblers as well but...

As for grip, there does be more than one way to treat a rubber, tops but not sides, sides but not tops etc. But there is no evidence, of course, to suggest treated rubbers. Just an impression, one Dtecs user of another. I'll retract the assumption. Now I wonder is her Tenergy boosted... |(

I am 100% sure her LP is not brand new 8) . Beside your pts, there was no pop-up, none, I mean none, not one time, when she was chop-blocking.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 11:45 

My experience with Long pips from 729 755 and dtech grass has taught me that when u serve make a quick deep back spin chop serve to long pip side and the resultant ball will be top spin and i usually loop with lots of side spin and enjoy it as the return never comes back (with chinese style and chinese rubbers).Never serve side spin serves to long pips .keep the serve deep to the long pip side and enjoy it.All serves including top spin and back spin serves should be long and deep and quick and be ready to return if they twiddle.if u want to serve side spin keep it quick and long to long pips.My recommendation is when u loop add lots of side spin and enjoy.When i did this to a higher ranked long pips player immediately he stopped placing balls on fh side as 729 08 is a old rubber but darn good better than h3 national for plastic balls the grip is enormous and on my flexy blade it comes to life.I am amazed this rubber comes pretuned and performs damn good close to table.also far from table.the side spin loop from chinese rubbers is way more effective than from tensors as there is a lot of energy and long pips player has
to close the angle more to get it back on the table which is way difficult as the ball kicks immediately on landing.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 15:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
From the ITTF news:
Attachment:
manika-batra.jpg
manika-batra.jpg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 6284 times ]

Manika BATRA has created more history by becoming the first ever Indian table tennis player to become the women’s singles Commonwealth Games champion after shocking the field at Gold Coast 2018.

The 22-year-old, who led India to their first ever women’s team gold medal earlier in the week continued her devastating form in the singles event to win gold against all the odds.

BATRA, who is currently ranked number 58 in the world started off her dream day by beating world number four FENG Tianwei (SGP) who she also beat in the women’s team final in the semifinals.

She then faced another Singapore in YU Mengyu in the battle for gold. After a tough opening game when she trailed 6-1, BATRA blasted the Singapore legend off the court to claim gold 11-7, 11-6, 11-2, 11-7 to add another gold to her collection.

A beaming BATRA said after the match: "I feel very proud to have won and even more proud to have won for India. My aim was to win a gold medal for India and I did it! Here at the Commonwealth Games it is the best table tennis I have ever played. I have never played better. in the first game I was down 6-1; I said to myself I can recover and win and I did."

The 2010 and 2014 gold medalist FENG Tianwei recovered from her shock loss against BATRA to defeat Mo ZHANG (CAN) in the bronze medal to ensure she added to her gold from the women’s doubles and silver from the women’s team event.

Obviously beating the world #4 was no fluke, since the now beat her twice! Beating YU Mengyu, who has ranked as high as #9, was no mean feat either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!