OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 15:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I reckon 111Iceman111 has a good point.. most of her shots are flat, so a short pip would suit, and would be harder to return.

A lot of her current serves are already with the LPs, and a spinny short pip can still produce a lot of spin.

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 23:54 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
@Iskandar ofc you lose some and gain some...i just think she will gain more than she will lose... :up:

it is not an easy transition ofc...but imo if she would do it successfully she would be able to beat an even better players than she is beating now...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 01:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
I reckon 111Iceman111 has a good point.. most of her shots are flat, so a short pip would suit, and would be harder to return.

A lot of her current serves are already with the LPs, and a spinny short pip can still produce a lot of spin.

I've been watching carefully, she serves with both. And she twiddles. You don't know what she's going to use except at the last moment because she keeps the bat under the table. Can't say I've seen any outright winners from it, but look at who she's playing against. She's trying to prevent loopers from opening up with the forehand, and heavy, short backspin is part of that. She tries to get them pushing instead, until she can pick-hit or topspin drive.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2018, 05:34 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Today in the India Ultimate League, she beat Sabine Winter, playing close to the table, blocking with her bh.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2018, 10:23 
Super User

Any video? Would love to watch it :P

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2018, 14:56 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
TTbuddy wrote:
Any video? Would love to watch it :P

Here's a match when she beat Matilda Ekholm higher ranked than Sabine Winter in the same Ultimate League.

https://youtu.be/SrjcU497KJg

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2018, 22:16 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Interesting! Doubles With Achanta:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 07:55 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2018, 06:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox

Two observations.
1. Love Manika Batra
2. Bobrow is an idiot. Perfect representative for the clownish ITTF though. :lol:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2018, 06:59 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

So shes pretty much used pimples her whole playing life, and certainly her career. Odd she idolizes ding ning since I dont see many similarities between the two! Ding is a spin based player and batra usually does flat hits for finishers.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 06:59 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Bobrow is an idiot. Perfect representative for the clownish ITTF though. :lol:

Yeah, agree 100%. He's a two-bit entertainer, a depraved hipster clown stuck in a state of arrested development and lacking all meaningful substance or seriousness. Is that really how table tennis wants to represent itself?

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 13:46 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Bobrow is an idiot. Perfect representative for the clownish ITTF though. :lol:

Yeah, agree 100%. He's a two-bit entertainer, a depraved hipster clown stuck in a state of arrested development and lacking all meaningful substance or seriousness. Is that really how table tennis wants to represent itself?

actually i thought he brought out the best of her. i think this type of interaction makes the sport more appealing.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 04:56 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
AA wrote:
actually i thought he brought out the best of her. i think this type of interaction makes the sport more appealing.

She was certainly a good sport (pun intended) about it all, but my view is that getting your top female athletes to twerk is going to make a sport look ridiculous rather than popular. You can get athletes to do silly, fun things AFTER those athletes and their sport are already taken seriously, so then the silliness comes as a bit of light comic relief, whereas if you do that WHILE the sport is already thought of as a something of a joke, you just trivialize the sport even more. As we all know, table tennis, at least here in the U.S. and probably in many other places in the world as well, is not taken seriously enough as a sport and is thought of as a recreational "basement"-type activity for kids, inebriated beer-bellied loudmouths and aging hipsters and oddballs. Now think about the people in your life -- teachers or whoever -- who might've excited and inspired you about a pursuit or activity. They likely did so because they managed to infect you with their own serious passion for whatever it was. They didn't do it by turning it into a joke. A joke is entertaining or funny for a few moments, and then you move on. It doesn't inspire anyone. It doesn't make anyone want to emulate. To do that, you have to capture something compelling and magical about how it is the athlete (or whoever it is) does what they do, the athletic feat they are good at that will make someone watching say, "Wow, I want to try that!" Perhaps this'll be easier to see if you imagine an interview with a great scientist where most of the interview is devoted to questions like, "So are you a nerd? How many pocket-protectors do you have? What music do you listen to to prepare yourself for running experiments? Can you dance to the music? You want to dance to it together?" This might be funny, but it isn't going to get any kids watching to be inspired to become a scientist because you haven't managed to convey the magic of the actual activity of science at all. That's the problem with Bobrow and his juvenile antics.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 05:32 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Those clips are to highlight the players, themselves. Not to promote the sport!

To let them show their own personalities, not be commercials for the ITTF to bring in players :lol: And I think Adam does that pretty well in that regard. Having Ma Long sing, Miu Hirano dance, etc. the FANS enjoy that stuff

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 06:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I like Manika, but have no interest in seeing bobrow once again repeat his exhibitionist tendencies. I don't think professional announcers act like this (or dress like this) in pro sports that are taken seriously.

Attachments:
bobrow.jpg
bobrow.jpg [ 528.16 KiB | Viewed 5662 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next