OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 06:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I guess he tried Chaos in ox? Never heard anyone use that in ox (not sure I've heard of anyone at all using it)...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 07:48 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
roar wrote:
I'm surprised he's not playing with TSP p1r Curl - seems to be almost unanimous among world class choppers...it's also cheaper than that Andro Chaos.

I wouldn't call him a (pure) chopper. He alters between playing close by and far off the table and twiddles a lot.

Wonder if he ever played sponged LPs to apply a more 'traditional' chopping BH-game?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 12:16 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
roar wrote:
I'm surprised he's not playing with TSP p1r Curl - seems to be almost unanimous among world class choppers...it's also cheaper than that Andro Chaos.

tsp curl is designed for two things....heavy backspin chop and being able to push spin and no spin....

this isn't suns game,

his game is about opening opportunities for the forehand everywhere possible and to take initiative off the serve with his pips.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 12:19 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Pipsy wrote:
roar wrote:

I wouldn't call him a (pure) chopper. He alters between playing close by and far off the table and twiddles a lot.

Wonder if he ever played sponged LPs to apply a more 'traditional' chopping BH-game?

he started off playing 563 with a thin sponge

then switched to 563 ox

then he played 804 anti spin with 0.5 sponge

then played DHS PF4-C8 (the old version) in OX

then he played palio ck531a ox

now he is onto andro chaos

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 12:37 

leatherback wrote:
roar wrote:

tsp curl is designed for two things....heavy backspin chop and being able to push spin and no spin....

this isn't suns game,

his game is about opening opportunities for the forehand everywhere possible and to take initiative off the serve with his pips.

I've been playing with a Matushita Pro Alpha with Tenergy 05 and TSP p1r curl OX. I model much of my game off what I've seen from Sun Jian Fei's videos. I was playing with Paleo ck531a ox, but I've found I can attack much better with the TSP p1r and it's slower which is better for receiving serves. It's more expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion. I'm still totally surprised he isn't giving it a good shot.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 15:50 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

roar wrote:
leatherback wrote:
roar wrote:

this isn't suns game,

I've been playing with a Matushita Pro Alpha with Tenergy 05 and TSP p1r curl OX. I model much of my game off what I've seen from Sun Jian Fei's videos. I was playing with Paleo ck531a ox, but I've found I can attack much better with the TSP p1r and it's slower which is better for receiving serves. It's more expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion. I'm still totally surprised he isn't giving it a good shot.

Example of what you are saying: "I love how Peter Li plays, and bought a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy both sides. However I found the backhand was a bit fast, so I switched to Sriver FX. I can attack serves much better now because of the extra control. I'm really surprised that Peter Li hasn't tried Sriver FX; its half the price of Tenergy!"

Does the above statement seem logical to you?

Now I ask you, please take 1 (Sun plays gamestyle a) and 2 (Curl suits gamestyle b)

Now add them together to make 3 (Curl will not suit gamestyle a which Sun plays. Curl doesn't suit Sun, Sun won't like Curl.)

Just because you like it for your style doesn't exactly mean that other people will like it for theirs.

Ps price means nothing if you only change your pimples once in four years.

Pps last time I checked, Chaos wen't for 45 usd while curl went for 35...

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 20:24 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ilikepie wrote:
roar wrote:
leatherback wrote:

this isn't suns game,

Example of what you are saying: "I love how Peter Li plays, and bought a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy both sides. However I found the backhand was a bit fast, so I switched to Sriver FX. I can attack serves much better now because of the extra control. I'm really surprised that Peter Li hasn't tried Sriver FX; its half the price of Tenergy!"

Now I ask you, please take 1 (Sun plays gamestyle a) and 2 (Curl suits gamestyle b)

Now add them together to make 3 (Curl will not suit gamestyle a which Sun plays. Curl doesn't suit Sun, Sun won't like Curl.)

Just because you like it for your style doesn't exactly mean that other people will like it for theirs.

Wow, what hostility whole of a sudden... :whew: I didn't find roar's advise to be a bad one. It would be if Sun's choice of pips would be flawless, but like you can see, he changed to Chaos recently, which already exists a couple of years, so why shouldn't the P1-R be a good alternative, considering he never tried it? You now have someone, albeit at a lower level (I guess), who mirrors the play of Sun and who uses P1-R. This opposes your second premiss (Curl suits gamestyle b).

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 21:18 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

ilikepie wrote:

Just kidding don't take it seriously..

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 21:27 
Joo Too
Joo Too

YosuaYosan wrote:
Just kidding don't take it seriously..

YY, is it me, or did you get a little shorter? :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 21:29 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Lorre wrote:
YY, is it me, or did you get a little shorter? :lol:

Nope, I believe it's just you Sir :P

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 21:38 
Joo Too
Joo Too

YosuaYosan wrote:
Nope, I believe it's just you Sir :P

Strange, I'm not black and my arms are shorter. 8) Are you really sure it's me, YY?
<this conversation will get surrealistic real soon> :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 00:00 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
LOL :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 01:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
563 OX! That's hardcore ug-ly. I've tried it and it's as hard to use as it is play against. Makes even the squirreliest LP seem like child's play.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 05:13 

ilikepie wrote:
roar wrote:
leatherback wrote:

this isn't suns game,

Poor analogy. TSP p1r curl is used by many world class choppers. Sriver FX is not used by world class players. A better analogy would be, "You had Peter Li try out numerous inverted rubbers but didn't include any of the tenergy series, and now he is playing with Sriver FX? You should have him try Tenergy 05 or 64 because most of the world class players that have his style use that rubber."

As for my price statement, you'll notice I was referencing Palio CK531A at $10, and comparing it to the more expensive TSP p1r Curl at $35. Also in my initial statement, which you quoted as well, I already mentioned that TSP p1r Curl was cheaper than Andro Chaos. Reading comprehension is probably not your strong suit.

roar wrote:

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 09:35 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
nathanso wrote:
563 OX! That's hardcore ug-ly. I've tried it and it's as hard to use as it is play against. Makes even the squirreliest LP seem like child's play.

Sounds tempting :lol:

Just ordered one to give it a go. When it's a success then that 'll be great! But when it's a failure, it will be okay too 'cause all other pips go seem like child's play! :sun:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next