OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 03:33 

That's too bad. Happen to have any footage of him playing against another defender? I like to see how defenders handle each other.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 06:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
bravefest wrote:
That's too bad. Happen to have any footage of him playing against another defender? I like to see how defenders handle each other.

There are videos of Fabian Åkteström-Ruwen Filus, Filus-Wang Xi, Wang Xi-Joo Se Hyuk, Joo Se Hyuk-Chen Weixin etc. All located somewhere here in this section...

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 22:14 

Def-attack wrote:
bravefest wrote:

There are videos of Fabian Åkteström-Ruwen Filus, Filus-Wang Xi, Wang Xi-Joo Se Hyuk, Joo Se Hyuk-Chen Weixin etc. All located somewhere here in this section...

Yeah, I've seen all of those. I would say JFS is a bit different from the other defenders - and I'd like to see what his strategy would be.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 04:17 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I'm coming back from a 3-4 month brake from table tennis due to a lot of work and other stuff going on in my private life. Watching Sun play really makes me wanna play though, he's the embodiment of all the things I love with table tennis, at least stylistically. I've played two sessions now with the Joo blade, Tenergy 64 and Palio CK531A and that feels good, though I would like to try the Matsushita Pro Special. This is a blade I've been wanting to try for years and it's also a blade I would like in my collection, the problem is that I can't find a shop that still sell it, the only place I've found it on is Ebay. I will by it on Ebay if I can't find any other place but I really prefer to order from a shop instead.

Is there anyone of you guys, the lords of EJ'ing, that know of a place that still sell them?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 04:55 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
auzcar wrote:
I'm coming back from a 3-4 month brake from table tennis due to a lot of work and other stuff going on in my private life. Watching Sun play really makes me wanna play though, he's the embodiment of all the things I love with table tennis, at least stylistically. I've played two sessions now with the Joo blade, Tenergy 64 and Palio CK531A and that feels good, though I would like to try the Matsushita Pro Special. This is a blade I've been wanting to try for years and it's also a blade I would like in my collection, the problem is that I can't find a shop that still sell it, the only place I've found it on is Ebay. I will by it on Ebay if I can't find any other place but I really prefer to order from a shop instead.

Is there anyone of you guys, the lords of EJ'ing, that know of a place that still sell them?

I don't know any shops, but one of my friends, also active on this forum as "Denherb", sold one a couple of months ago. He has chosen to continue his journey with double inverted, though, so he might not need it anymore. Contact him: he might sell it to you or at least give you the specification where he bought it.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 06:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:

Nice to hear from you again - it's been a while. Hope your life is turning out good now...
Perhaps you have missed this video of Sun Jian Fei (MNNB's blog is where I found it):

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 06:52 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
That one I had definitely missed! Thanks for showing it, it was awesome, would have been even more awesome if I could understand what he's saying.

It feels great to be back in practice, however, due to work, I still won't be able to practice as much as I did before and as much as I would like to, to really be able to improve. For now it's only for fun and I won't really have any goals other than just that, to have fun. I might start studying at a university after the summer though which will leave much more time for practice.

Oh and just to clarify, since the way I wrote it kinda made it sound like somethings bad had happened, the personal stuffs is only good things. It's mainly other hobbies and other people coming into my life (wink wink) that have taking up a lot of time and since I've been working a lot of evenings there's been little time. Another thing is that when I got completely cut off from TT for over a month I kinda lost the motivation and sort of forgot all the reasons I love this game so much. They came back pretty fast though when I picked up the blade again :)

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 15:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

@Auzcar: Life in progress that is! Allways nice and sometimes life itself actually can be rather funmeven if it means less time for TT ;)

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 14:16 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 14:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victas VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Awesome! Thanks for posting.

That kid sure hits the ball hard. SUN's service return with pure LP sidespin was interesting to see and surprisingly effective though he also missed a few of them into the net. A shame the scoreboard wasn't visible. Was SUN's FH winner at 5:20 done with inverted or LP? (it's hard to see in the vid)

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 17:14 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Super play! :up:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 22:04 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

nathanso wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for posting.

That kid sure hits the ball hard. SUN's service return with pure LP sidespin was interesting to see and surprisingly effective though he also missed a few of them into the net. A shame the scoreboard wasn't visible. Was SUN's FH winner at 5:20 done with inverted or LP? (it's hard to see in the vid)

i believe it was done with inverted.

also...score 3-0 for sun

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 04:54 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

no more palio ck531a

he finally after 4 years of play broke a pip right in the center of the sweet spot....

he asked me to put some new pips on for him....

i gave him a sheet of

spinlord dornenglanz - he hated it, too slow and not good for making the ball wobble, but good for quick driving
grass d tec - he said it was ok, not good for a drive and only good for downwards blocking....ok for chopping

bomb talent - liked this second best, he thought it was palio at first...GREAT near the table, the best he has ever used but lacked a little far off

dragon talon - great wobbles, great drive....he said he didn't like the feel

andro chaos - NUMBER 1...

his new rubber, did everything better then he expected, and although it is not the longest of the mentioned, it actually has the softest pips.

his chops are almost twice as spinny as with his old palio

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 05:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victas VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
leatherback wrote:
no more palio ck531a

he finally after 4 years of play broke a pip right in the center of the sweet spot....

he asked me to put some new pips on for him....

i gave him a sheet of

spinlord dornenglanz - he hated it, too slow and not good for making the ball wobble, but good for quick driving
grass d tec - he said it was ok, not good for a drive and only good for downwards blocking....ok for chopping

bomb talent - liked this second best, he thought it was palio at first...GREAT near the table, the best he has ever used but lacked a little far off

dragon talon - great wobbles, great drive....he said he didn't like the feel

andro chaos - NUMBER 1...

his new rubber, did everything better then he expected, and although it is not the longest of the mentioned, it actually has the softest pips.

his chops are almost twice as spinny as with his old palio
Interesting indeed. It will also be interesting to see if his opponents struggle any more while handling all that additional backspin or not. Did he try 755 OX? Great play from waaay back; surprising amount of spin on chops (considerably more than the sponged 755's in my testing); and famously funky. The price is nice too.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 05:44 

I'm surprised he's not playing with TSP p1r Curl - seems to be almost unanimous among world class choppers...it's also cheaper than that Andro Chaos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next