OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 01:22 
Incredible Shrinking Man

auzcar wrote:
leatherback wrote:
if you are using sponge on both sides of your racket then a wood blade is sufficient for any type of play, however if you are using no sponge, carbon is required to keep the racket stiff enough for sufficient power away from the table. Therefore, the reason he uses a Matsushita pro special is because he is using OX pips. all other choppers that use sponge should use stiff heavy all wood blades in order to keep power away from the table and not decrease feel from the carbon.

This is interesting and I've been thinking the same way for some time now, my Defplay doesn't really give me enough power but I love the feeling at that's why I haven't changed. However, the blades I've tried that's faster are all offensive blades with a normal sized blade face and I have grown really fond of the larger defensive size. The only defensive carbon blade I've tried is the Nittaku Shake Defense and although I lked it very much it was simply too big. I think it's time to cut it down do Defplay size and try it out then since I played very good defensively with that blade when I was using it, not so sure about the FH though. How does the NSD compare with the Matsushita Pro Special in speed? Do you guys have any other defensive carbon blade recommendations? Keep in mind that I'm more of a Åkerström type with both chop-blocking, chopping and an all out offensive FH.

Lion Shine carbon def.
[url]http:/www.ttdd.de[/url]

Very nice blade. Very good feeling

Cheers
Geddk

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 01:49 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Geddk wrote:
auzcar wrote:
leatherback wrote:
if you are using sponge on both sides of your racket then a wood blade is sufficient for any type of play, however if you are using no sponge, carbon is required to keep the racket stiff enough for sufficient power away from the table. Therefore, the reason he uses a Matsushita pro special is because he is using OX pips. all other choppers that use sponge should use stiff heavy all wood blades in order to keep power away from the table and not decrease feel from the carbon.

This is interesting and I've been thinking the same way for some time now, my Defplay doesn't really give me enough power but I love the feeling at that's why I haven't changed. However, the blades I've tried that's faster are all offensive blades with a normal sized blade face and I have grown really fond of the larger defensive size. The only defensive carbon blade I've tried is the Nittaku Shake Defense and although I lked it very much it was simply too big. I think it's time to cut it down do Defplay size and try it out then since I played very good defensively with that blade when I was using it, not so sure about the FH though. How does the NSD compare with the Matsushita Pro Special in speed? Do you guys have any other defensive carbon blade recommendations? Keep in mind that I'm more of a Åkerström type with both chop-blocking, chopping and an all out offensive FH.

Lion Shine carbon def.
[url]http:/www.ttdd.de[/url]

Very nice blade. Very good feeling

Cheers
Geddk

Since I changed to the custom blade from Ross Leidy I haven't really had a thought about changing blade to something else. I actually think I've found my holy grail among blades, at least as long as I play with LP. I'm quite sure about the T64 on FH too but the BH is still a contest between D.Tecs ox and CK531A ox, with D.Tecs 1.2mm as a small possibility.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 02:42 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
auzcar wrote:
Let's hope we get to see him in a video against Boll, Jike or another top player then! Probably a long-shot but you never know. :)

he says there is a video that he will try to track down when he beats hao shuai and chen qi in one team match.....

id LOVE to see that video

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 03:14 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
leatherback wrote:
auzcar wrote:
Let's hope we get to see him in a video against Boll, Jike or another top player then! Probably a long-shot but you never know. :)

he says there is a video that he will try to track down when he beats hao shuai and chen qi in one team match.....

id LOVE to see that video

Whoa! I would give my left arm to get hold of that video :o That's just one of the proofs he's a REALLY good player, also makes me feel confident that it's possible to get to a really high level with OX LP, just as with sponged LP's.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 12:03 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

I can see why he chose C8 OX. Its a very good rubber, but not good for attacking much.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 15:34 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
ilikepie wrote:
I can see why he chose C8 OX. Its a very good rubber, but not good for attacking much.

Nothing wrong with C8 for attacking ILP, but you have to know how to use it and have the right strokes. Jonnex, a member of this forum and my club used C8 for quite some time on his BH and his attacks were very, very good. Mind you, at 16 he was playing around the 2200 US level about a year ago!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 09:05 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
ilikepie wrote:

Nothing wrong with C8 for attacking ILP, but you have to know how to use it and have the right strokes. Jonnex, a member of this forum and my club used C8 for quite some time on his BH and his attacks were very, very good. Mind you, at 16 he was playing around the 2200 US level about a year ago!

Without sponge its a bit harder but just a bit...the reason I use LP is that I can't get the right feel for inverted strokes, and my arm needs the lighter weight. My backhand is more of a hit, and I cant play close to the table because I could never pull off very consistant backhands. I always miss. But far from the table, I get the right amount of time to react, and I cant attack so I chop. It all works out for me.

I just mean that I cant attack with it, because of my poor backhand stroke.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 10:56 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
sorry by the off topic but
leatherback just a question, who is the national coach of canada?
used to be Marles, am i right?
cause i heard some historys here in Brasil that hes not the coach anymore...

thanks

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 15:00 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

En-Long Wang, but Marles still has quite a bit of influence

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 03:53 

Hi. I'm currently a two-winged looper but i've always wanted to be a defender since i started playing tabletennis.
I didn't find what i was looking for until i stumbled upon this guy, he has a really beautiful style indeed.
I recently bought sun's equipment online (real pain to find a matsushita pro special btw xP)
I was wondering why he always serves the way he does.
Was it something his coaches told him to do or did he come up with it himself?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 02:42 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

DenHerb wrote:
Hi. I'm currently a two-winged looper but i've always wanted to be a defender since i started playing tabletennis.
I didn't find what i was looking for until i stumbled upon this guy, he has a really beautiful style indeed.
I recently bought sun's equipment online (real pain to find a matsushita pro special btw xP)

You serve the way you feel comfortable with. For instance, Timo boll, Jun Mizutani and Wang LiQin all have sidespin forehand pendulum serves but they all have different actions.

Looks like Sun is quite the hot topic on OOAK, he even made a guy want to buy his stuff!

Ps don't worry that happens to everyone, it's very normal to buy something that your favorite player is using or has his name on to be more like that player. For instance, I have a Joo SE Hyuk blade...

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 07:35 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
DenHerb wrote:

Welcome to the forum, DenHerb. But I think I know you from somewhere, don't I? ;)

I cannot answer your question, but I'm sure others here are capable of doing so.

BTW: for those who don't get the first sentence, DenHerb is a team mate and friend of mine. :)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 03:31 

ilikepie wrote:
Looks like Sun is quite the hot topic on OOAK, he even made a guy want to buy his stuff!

Ps don't worry that happens to everyone, it's very normal to buy something that your favorite player is using or has his name on to be more like that player. For instance, I have a Joo SE Hyuk blade...

To be honest I'd like to develop a style of my own with my own equipment but i simply don't have the money or time to do so =D

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 14:54 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Sun will be playing the the Baltimore teams tournament partnered with Wang Zhen and Hongtao Chen both members of the canadian national team, and i expect them to win the whole thing

unfortunetly i missed out getting on this team by a very narrow margin :( but will still be leading a team of some of our junior national players...

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011, 04:49 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
I miss going to baltimore.... Great competition. Leatherback. Do you think you could record a couple of sun's matches preferably when they get towards the finals???? That would be some awesome stuff for the forum:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next