OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 22:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
worth a bump :Chop:

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 23:19 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Great watch! I wonder how he beats really passive players lower lvl than him though. Would he attack or use the long pips to bump?

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 00:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Ndragon wrote:
Great watch! I wonder how he beats really passive players lower lvl than him though. Would he attack or use the long pips to bump?

Maybe this will answer your question:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 00:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Ndragon wrote:

i have just started using the raystorm(his forehand rubber)you can twiddle and attack no problem at all.
i need to rewatch but he also chops b/h with the raystorm i think.very nice twiddling and using the pips on f/h chop(unless ive got that wrong :?:

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2018, 22:02 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
It will take a lot to force an attack from Bennborn...

He was supposed to play in his clubs main team in my league this year but one of his teammates said he hated the new ball and didn't want to loose so he went to play in a lower league instead. Talk about team player...

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2018, 22:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

auzcar wrote:

He was supposed to play in his clubs main team in my league this year but one of his teammates said he hated the new ball and didn't want to loose so he went to play in a lower league instead. Talk about team player...

is that 100% fact though or just a rumour ;)
i really like the raystorm-good for chopping and a nice feel on the defplay

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2018, 23:03 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
peterpong wrote:
auzcar wrote:

is that 100% fact though or just a rumour ;)
i really like the raystorm-good for chopping and a nice feel on the defplay

It's not a fact, just what his teammate told us when we met them a couple of weeks ago :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2018, 02:10 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
He plays in Österåker div 2

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2019, 01:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Watched our first team last night .they are in the same div as my team(1) but usually thrash us 10 nil.They have picked up a new guy who is impressive .he uses p1r o.5 and often f/h chops with this.he twiddles constantly and can backhand drive with inverted. Obviously Thomas uses the ox on the f/h a lot.So in a nutshell you can chop on the f/h with this rubber.

https://solidsport.com/angbysk/watch/an ... 1-28-20-38

hes on near the beginning(thanks def attack)

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2021, 14:33 

Finally found another vid of Bennborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z3eYMusgI8&t=565s

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2021, 18:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

gaijinjoe wrote:
Finally found another vid of Bennborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z3eYMusgI8&t=565s
Her he faces a player I had in my league last season. Sebastian is a player who prefer to place the ball well and who rsther counters than start attacking himself. He is very good away from the table.

Skickat från min M2007J20CG via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2021, 04:57 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
That match always makes me laugh. Black shirt returns the balls so high, any decent attacker would have a field day with those! Looks like Thomas got frustrated facing those goof balls and missing his own attacks against them.

I've played like that before against a fellow dinker, and man... the returns must look SO bad to all spectators. You'd think we were nothing more than low-end garage players. Both people just bopping the ball high and relatively short over the table :lol:

I wonder what level Thomas would've attained if he had a decent attack to put those away.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2021, 00:51 

skilless_slapper wrote:
That match always makes me laugh. Black shirt returns the balls so high, any decent attacker would have a field day with those! Looks like Thomas got frustrated facing those goof balls and missing his own attacks against them.

I've played like that before against a fellow dinker, and man... the returns must look SO bad to all spectators. You'd think we were nothing more than low-end garage players. Both people just bopping the ball high and relatively short over the table :lol:

I wonder what level Thomas would've attained if he had a decent attack to put those away.

Wow! Even as a defender I can't imagine the amount of patience needed (from both players) to play like that. So funny seeing the choing after winning a point. Swedish players also have the funniest, often self deprecating outbursts when playing.

Thomas is playing a low risk game, but seems to me that the backhand lifts from Sebastian is fairly predictable and Thomas could step around and smash it more often.

My blog

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2021, 18:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

magnuseffect wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Wow! Even as a defender I can't imagine the amount of patience needed (from both players) to play like that. So funny seeing the choing after winning a point. Swedish players also have the funniest, often self deprecating outbursts when playing.

Thomas is playing a low risk game, but seems to me that the backhand lifts from Sebastian is fairly predictable and Thomas could step around and smash it more often.
This is not the first time they play each other. So Sebastian probably would want Thomas to step around, trying to serve him a ball to attack, so that Sebastian could back away from the table to where he is most comfortable.

Have a look at the youtube chanel where this clip came from, that is Sebastian's. Look at the latest vid and you will see how his style is against "normal" players.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2021, 03:07 

Def-attack wrote:
magnuseffect wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

This is not the first time they play each other. So Sebastian probably would want Thomas to step around, trying to serve him a ball to attack, so that Sebastian could back away from the table to where he is most comfortable.

Have a look at the youtube chanel where this clip came from, that is Sebastian's. Look at the latest vid and you will see how his style is against "normal" players.

Had a look at the videos. Sebastian has a fun style. Similar to Moses from the table tennis daily league videos. Re-watching the Bennborn video it seems he is ready to step around and smash but only picks the balls that he can win outright so not to get into a fishing rally.

Found a longer video here https://youtu.be/KAM3Oupikso?t=232 (nice rally at 3.52 and 6.55 mark). Reminds me of what happens when I play a teammate of mine and try to win by playing offensively :)

My blog