OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 09:58 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 14:01 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

I wanna play like him :o But then again who doesn't?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 04:13 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Arrgh thoughts about being an inverted chopper comes in mind again :headbang:
:@ :@

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 05:05 

some more footage of him playing here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4rhGl4SH4&feature=feedu

encouraging to see that defensive play may have a future..

http://www.murrayfieldtt.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/MurrayfieldTTC

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:39 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

cje wrote:
some more footage of him playing here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4rhGl4SH4&feature=feedu

encouraging to see that defensive play may have a future..

Indeed :D
He is also different from most of his teammates.

Tall body posture and scary forehand loop could bring him to the top tier of TT players :rock:

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 01:30 
Joo Too
Joo Too

YosuaYosan wrote:
Arrgh thoughts about being an inverted chopper comes in mind again :headbang:
:@ :@

Wait until you'll be crushed when chopping with both sides inverted. The thoughts will soon fly away again. :lol:

Oh, here's a another vid of Muramatsu:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 05:58 

If he's still playing this well as an adult, a lot of people are going to try to emulate this spinny short pips chopper style.

He's only 14, he's using short pips, and he already looks like he's one of the top 10 male choppers in the world.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 06:15 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

GeneralSpecific wrote:
If he's still playing this well as an adult, a lot of people are going to try to emulate this spinny short pips chopper style.

He's only 14, he's using short pips, and he already looks like he's one of the top 10 male choppers in the world.

I am not that sure, General..
His style is particularly new to the Chinese team and even if his chops are deep, his opponents will grow taller and stronger and it will be easier for them to play against defensive players.

Thats also the reason why Joo never prevailed against Samsonov or Xu Xin at least in my knowledge.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 11:00 

YosuaYosan wrote:
GeneralSpecific wrote:

His style is particularly new to the Chinese team and even if his chops are deep, his opponents will grow taller and stronger and it will be easier for them to play against defensive players.

Thats also the reason why Joo never prevailed against Samsonov or Xu Xin at least in my knowledge.

Does that mean you think he is going have to use long pips in the future instead of short pips like he uses now.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 17:28 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

GeneralSpecific wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:
GeneralSpecific wrote:

Does that mean you think he is going have to use long pips in the future instead of short pips like he uses now.

Nope, not at all General.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 06:51 

YosuaYosan wrote:
GeneralSpecific wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:

Nope, not at all General.

:lol: haha does that mean you think that by the time he's an adult, he won't be much of a threat to the top players, especially the top chinese? If not, what do you think will happen with him?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 07:58 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

GeneralSpecific wrote:
:lol: haha does that mean you think that by the time he's an adult, he won't be much of a threat to the top players, especially the top chinese? If not, what do you think will happen with him?

He could still be a threat to world's top 15~s but again and again China could know how to play a chopper like him. Despite all my pessimistic thoughts, I still have hopes for him to be a great chopper in the future. Just wanna see a number 1 chopper.

Hou Yingchao is also a short pips chopper but his dwell time on the top 10 is short lived.

Huff, Sir, I just think if he is not able to get to the top of table tennis, he will still be a role model and legend to many, in that way, he will rise lots of people to learn the style of defending. Defender's style is not inferior, its just hindered by its slow development since only a few are using it (compared to loopers). Maybe there is a correlation with the rubber's technology but I don't really mind that one.

ludere longo vivas defensivum :)

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 09:11 
Joo Too
Joo Too

YosuaYosan wrote:
He could still be a threat to world's top 15~s but again and again China could know how to play a chopper like him. Despite all my pessimistic thoughts, I still have hopes for him to be a great chopper in the future. Just wanna see a number 1 chopper.

Hou Yingchao is also a short pips chopper but his dwell time on the top 10 is short lived.

Huff, Sir, I just think if he is not able to get to the top of table tennis, he will still be a role model and legend to many, in that way, he will rise lots of people to learn the style of defending. Defender's style is not inferior, its just hindered by its slow development since only a few are using it (compared to loopers). Maybe there is a correlation with the rubber's technology but I don't really mind that one.

I think the solution to the China problem is to have a lot more choppers in the top of the world. They can't learn to play against them all, can they? Imagine long pip choppers, short pip choppers, anti choppers, lefthanders, righthanders, classical choppers, modern choppers with different attacking possibilities, all in the top 50 of the world. Besides, more competition among choppers can only create a stronger one. Off course, more people will be informed how to deal with a chopper. But in the case of Joo and many other world class choppers they are informed and still they are top 100.

Defenders progress slowly because (1) they need to learn a lot more weapons, (2) they are discriminated in some parts of the world, (3) their material is a lot weaker and (4) there are only a few of them - so they can't help each other.

I've studied Latin, but I don't know what the last sentence mean. :oops: Can you translate, Yosua?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 10:53 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Lorre wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:

I think the solution to the China problem is to have a lot more choppers in the top of the world. They can't learn to play against them all, can they? Imagine long pip choppers, short pip choppers, anti choppers, lefthanders, righthanders, classical choppers, modern choppers with different attacking possibilities, all in the top 50 of the world. Besides, more competition among choppers can only create a stronger one. Off course, more people will be informed how to deal with a chopper. But in the case of Joo and many other world class choppers they are informed and still they are top 100.

Defenders progress slowly because (1) they need to learn a lot more weapons, (2) they are discriminated in some parts of the world, (3) their material is a lot weaker and (4) there are only a few of them - so they can't help each other.

I've studied Latin, but I don't know what the last sentence mean. :oops: Can you translate, Yosua?

Your thoughts has made mine wider. Thanks sir Lorre :)

You could just google translate it sir :lol:
I think it is about being a defensive player and living a 'long life'

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 11:44 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
This thread clicked for some of the darksiders and defensive hopefuls :lol: . ( me included )
I believe he can barge into the top ten if he could develop his style further both on defense and offense. Oh its good to play like him! Hope I could emulate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next