OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 09:42 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
This is not specific to Yuto's equipment, but why such a trivial info is next to impossible to get? In golf, IIRC, I could look at Golf Digest and they would have 'What's in the bag" feature, listing details on all 14 clubs for a given player, including details on shafts and even lie angle adjustments sometimes.

What's so different about TT that it becomes almost a spycraft (high res image analysis) to figure out that someone is now using LP (P4 or may be not) on their BH.

Wouldn't it be a good practice (and boon to manufacturers) to make this info public (opponents already know)?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 10:18 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
pgpg wrote:
This is not specific to Yuto's equipment, but why such a trivial info is next to impossible to get? In golf, IIRC, I could look at Golf Digest and they would have 'What's in the bag" feature, listing details on all 14 clubs for a given player, including details on shafts and even lie angle adjustments sometimes.

What's so different about TT that it becomes almost a spycraft (high res image analysis) to figure out that someone is now using LP (P4 or may be not) on their BH.

Wouldn't it be a good practice (and boon to manufacturers) to make this info public (opponents already know)?

Interested on how Ovtcharov and Donic will react. :D

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 10:31 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

BeGo wrote:
pgpg wrote:

Interested on how Ovtcharov and Donic will react. :D

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Perhaps if it was a requirement to disclose your equipment, the whole charade with handles (or whatever the Donic-Ovtcharov arrangement is). would cease to exist. Or amy be not - nothing stops them from saying it's 'Donic XYZ' blade. But rubbers (ok, top sheets) do have actual number on them!

By the way - how come we have ITTF certification for rubbers but not blades?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 18:46 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Most of the pro's are using equipment that's not from their sponsor. This is a public secret. However, if it would be normal to show the equipment to the public, the sponsor would get no advertisement at all. In contrary: the message would be the sponsor's equipment sucks.

If it would work, the ITTF would already have implemented a certification process for blades. Not because they care, but for the money.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 21:55 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Lorre wrote:
Most of the pro's are using equipment that's not from their sponsor. This is a public secret. However, if it would be normal to show the equipment to the public, the sponsor would get no advertisement at all. In contrary: the message would be the sponsor's equipment sucks.

If it would work, the ITTF would already have implemented a certification process for blades. Not because they care, but for the money.

I get what you are saying, especially as far as blades are concerned. But rubbers? Or are you saying that Butterfly won't like the fact that one of their sponsored player is using their blade and smooth rubber, but prefers TSP pips?

As a side note, I have no idea who is sponsoring whom. For instance, Yuto Muramatsu - who's his sponsor? (feeble attempt to get thread back on track :) )

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 22:08 
Joo Too
Joo Too

pgpg wrote:
I get what you are saying, especially as far as blades are concerned. But rubbers? Or are you saying that Butterfly won't like the fact that one of their sponsored player is using their blade and smooth rubber, but prefers TSP pips?

As a side note, I have no idea who is sponsoring whom. For instance, Yuto Muramatsu - who's his sponsor? (feeble attempt to get thread back on track :) )

Yes, for example. It doesn't need to be only pips: e.g. using Rasant when being sponsored by Tibhar.

I also have no idea whatsoever. I don't care about those kind of things.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 22:28 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Lorre wrote:
pgpg wrote:

Yes, for example. It doesn't need to be only pips: e.g. using Rasant when being sponsored by Tibhar.

I also have no idea whatsoever. I don't care about those kind of things.

If someone playing with Rasant while being sponsored by Tibhar, then it tells me that sponsor does not really have much power if they are letting this slide. Most likely because money involved for most sponsored players is rather small - they probably can only afford decent money for marquee players like Samsonov (to use Tibhar example) that might be enough to force exclusivity clause?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 23:57 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
pgpg wrote:
If someone playing with Rasant while being sponsored by Tibhar, then it tells me that sponsor does not really have much power if they are letting this slide. Most likely because money involved for most sponsored players is rather small - they probably can only afford decent money for marquee players like Samsonov (to use Tibhar example) that might be enough to force exclusivity clause?

all depends on contracts which are different for each players / company
for example:
Mihai Bobocica is getting 250 sheets T05FX per year from his sponsor - Butterfly (he told me that when he was playing in my club last seassion)
so what do u think? will he change it for MXP?
i dont think so...
if he want to change he need to change sponsor or buy sheets by himself (which is pretty expensive if he want to change sheets so often)

there are many things which we dont think about it
personal sponsor
club/team sponsor
national sponsor
eg. is Tiago Apolonia... who is sposnored by Butterfly but i saw him in Tibhar shirts (it was club or national sponsor)
he was using blade and rubbers from Bfly and shirst and shorts from Tibhar

other example:
our club last seassion player Kang Dong Hoon is korea team player.
he isnt sponsored but korea is sponsored. he is getting equipment from his team.
so why he would change it? if he is getting it for free?
he changed rubbers each day
btw. 95% korea players are using custom Bfly Korbel with T05 + DianChi tunning and water glue.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 19:05 
Super User

Have we established what pimples Yuto is using now?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 22:12 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ridderz65 wrote:
Have we established what pimples Yuto is using now?

As far as I can tell: nope. :(

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 22:37 
Joo Too
Joo Too

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 07:17 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Yuto is using p1r acording to a Japanese list that have all player of the all japans 2016...
Blade: Victas Mat off
FH: tenergy 64
BH: curl p1r
http://www.tt-ouendan.com/topplay.pdf

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 07:31 
Super User

Here is a rough Google translation of that chart linked to above:

All Japan Championship (general) ranking players use tools
Year gender ranking name belongs racket rubber 1 Rubber 2
Product Name thickness product name thickness

2016 Men's Singles
1 Jun Mizutani beacon.LAB butterfly custom SUPERZLC Tenaji 80 especially thick Tenaji 80 especially thick
2 Kazuhiro Cho Tokyo Art Kyo leopard Akira Ⅲ Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05FX especially thick
3 Shin Yoshimura sunny Aichi Institute of Technology butterfly custom ZLC Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
4 Hiromitsu Kasahara Kyowa Hakko Kirin butterfly custom ZLF Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
5 Morita 侑樹 Citizen SK7 Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
6 Koki Niwa Meiji University Quartet AFC V> 15 extra MAX V> 15 extra MAX
7 Sakai tomorrow Xiang Meiji Timo Boll ALC Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
8 Hidetoshi Oya Tokyo Art butterfly custom ZLC Tenaji 80 especially thick Tenaji 80 especially thick
9 Matsushita Umiteru Meiji Jun Mizutani Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
10 Kenji Matsudaira Kyowa Hakko Kirin SK7 Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 80 especially thick
11 Uemura Kei哉 Haseda University Kyo leopard King Ⅲ Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
12 Morizono MasashiTakashi Meiji Kyo leopard King Tenaji 05 especially thick file Stark G-1 especially thick
13 Muramatsu sound Tokyo Art Koji Matsushita offensive Tenaji 64 especially thick Carl P-1R soft thin
14 Tsuboi IsamuMigaku University of Tsukuba inner Force layer ZLC Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
15-cho Asuka Meiji Jun Mizutani Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 64 especially thick
16 Hitoshi Ueda Kyowa Hakko Kirin inner force ZLC Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick

Women's
1 Kasumi Ishikawa National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations inner Force layer ALC file Stark G-1 especially thick Tenaji 64 especially thick
2 Miu Hirano elite Academy Clipper Wood Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 64 especially thick
3 Mima Ito Stark SC acoustic carbon file Stark G-1 especially thick Morisuto SP thickness
4 Kato Anzuhana Juroku Clipper Wood Tenaji 05 especially thick Morisuto SP thickness
5 Matsuzawa Mari奈 Hitachi Chemical Ryushibun Tenaji 05 especially thick V> 15 extra MAX
6 Hina Soda Ishida Table Tennis Club Clipper CC Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 05FX especially thick
7 Hamamoto Yukari惟 elite academy inner Force layer ZLC Tenaji 05 especially thick Tenaji 80 especially thick
8 Hitomi Sato Sapporo Otani high school butterfly custom-made plywood Tenaji 64 especially thick feint Long Ⅱ ultra-thin
9 Ai Fukuhara ANA butterfly custom spin art especially thick attack Eight custom-made
10 Wakamiya three Masako Nippon Life Swat V> 15 extra MAX Morisuto SP thickness
11 Yoko Hirano Okuwa acoustic Tenaji 05FX especially thick file Stark C-1 especially thick
12 Sayaka Hirano Miki House Clipper CR WRB red bi-Hee Kyo leopard Ⅲ especially thick Tenaji 64 especially thick
13 Kitaoka Eriko Hitachi Chemical Koji Matsushita Wally thickness 閃霊 thin
14 Song MegumiKei Chugoku Electric Power Co., the inner force ZLC Rakuza 7 especially thick Tenaji 05 especially thick
15 Yuka Ishigaki Nippon Life Kimugyon'a P12 2.0mm 閃霊 thin
16 Minami Doi Chugoku Electric Power Inner Force ZLC ShoRyu especially thick Tenaji 64 especially thick

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 07:50 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
That confirms the information below!

Pipsy wrote:
Here 's what I read some weeks ago on the German Pimp-my-blade forum:

Beitrag Di 9. Aug 2016, 18:27
In der Tischtennis von Juni bestätigt Filus das Yuto nun mit langen Noppen spielt.
(In Tischtennis (German tt-magazine) from June it is confirmed by (Ruwen) Filus that Yuto is now playing Long pimples)

Any close-ups from the videos?

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 12:01 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Pipsy wrote:
That confirms the information below!

Pipsy wrote:
Here 's what I read some weeks ago on the German Pimp-my-blade forum:

Beitrag Di 9. Aug 2016, 18:27
In der Tischtennis von Juni bestätigt Filus das Yuto nun mit langen Noppen spielt.
(In Tischtennis (German tt-magazine) from June it is confirmed by (Ruwen) Filus that Yuto is now playing Long pimples)

Any close-ups from the videos?

Cool, but I still want to see a picture....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 38  Next