OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 19:27 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
Hello Pimplers,

I wanted to share with you this video about Leonardo Arata. He has a ”Crazy” way to use his Long Pips OX that I think is so interesting to analyze. He is the 20th in the Brazilian ranking and the only one in South America sponsored by Dr. Neubauer.

&t=61s

Looking forward to read your comments and learn from your ideas about this “Crazy” way to play.

Long Life Long Pips.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 20:47 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
I've been following his content for some time. He's a good player. Also played some matches with flanti ABS rubbers, but he's better with LP.

He is very flexible, athletic and has great fighting spirit. A real inspiration.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 21:17 

Carels wrote:
I've been following his content for some time. He's a good player. Also played some matches with flanti ABS rubbers, but he's better with LP.

He is very flexible, athletic and has great fighting spirit. A real inspiration.

It is true, he also use anti rubbers from Dr. Neubauer, but I agree with you that fits better for him the long pips OX. He can control more the match with them and easily open the attack with pips or forehand.

As I said at the end of the video, for me the main strength of him is his fighting spirit. He really give more than 100% in his matches.

Thanks for commenting.

Regards.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 21:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great video! This guy is so quick, and has some great skills! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 21:51 

haggisv wrote:
Great video! This guy is so quick, and has some great skills! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, it is true, he has really interesting play skills. For sure people with experience like you can also add more analysis about his game play.

Regards.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 22:54 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
Hello! Great video. A great player with great technique, speed and spectacle. Thanks to him I use the Matador Texa Carbon blae and the Desperado Reloaded LP. I also have the normal and soft Viper but I have not tested them in depth. I don't like to do many tests during the competition but I will try them, I have a spare Texa carbon blade for the tests.
Saludos!!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 02:31 

loboestep wrote:
Hello! Great video. A great player with great technique, speed and spectacle. Thanks to him I use the Matador Texa Carbon blae and the Desperado Reloaded LP. I also have the normal and soft Viper but I have not tested them in depth. I don't like to do many tests during the competition but I will try them, I have a spare Texa carbon blade for the tests.
Saludos!!

Amazing, as I commented in YouTube it would be so nice to have your comments about those 3 rubbers. I saw him using before Desperado and I’m curious about why he changed to Viper. Maybe through you we can discover a little bit more about the differences.

Regards .

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 03:47 

I read in his comments he likes the viper, because they are more grippy. Better for his attacking game.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 04:12 

Carels wrote:
I read in his comments he likes the viper, because they are more grippy. Better for his attacking game.

Yes, he commented in a question that I did to him something like this. I’m curious about somebody who tried both and tell me if they had a similar experience.

I know that it is different depending the person, the technique, etc. But anyway, good to get feeling of different people about it.

In general, if I read the descriptions in the webpage of Dr. Neubauer, the Desperado seems more spiny but for the experience of Leonardo, seems the oposite.

Did you try some of them?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 04:26 

I tried making the switch from anti to LP. Because I wanted more attacking options. I tried reloaded. I couldn't hit anything with it. LP feel really uncontrolable for me. Especially in Ox.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 05:14 

Carels wrote:
I tried making the switch from anti to LP. Because I wanted more attacking options. I tried reloaded. I couldn't hit anything with it. LP feel really uncontrolable for me. Especially in Ox.

Interesting, why do you think is that?

Regards.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 16:57 
Super User

Diegox wrote:
loboestep wrote:
Saludos!!

Amazing, as I commented in YouTube it would be so nice to have your comments about those 3 rubbers. I saw him using before Desperado and I’m curious about why he changed to Viper. Maybe through you we can discover a little bit more about the differences.

Regards .

The truth is that I have tried them little. I have very automated strokes and in competition it is not highly recommended to change rubbers. The times I have used Viper it has been a loose training match, but I immediately returned to my go-to material since I had a competition on the weekend. From what I saw at the time, Viper is more similar to Reloaded and Viper Soft is much slower. Reloaded is more direct with a flatter and more incisive trajectory to the bottom of the table, it adapts more to my game of putting pressure and waiting for the high ball to attack. Viper is somewhat softer and that makes it have more grip. I notice those differences, but they are not huge, I can play with one or the other interchangeably. Soft is different and I didn't really like it. In any case, I must try them more intensely. For now the closest thing I have found to Reloaded is the Spinlord Leviathan, the old version. Leviathan is a Reloaded on steroids, it does more damage but has less control.
Now I'm trying to find an anti that I can use in a similar way to the LPs but I can't find it. I have already tried ABS 2 Pro and Super Glanti 1.2 but I lose a lot of touch...I suffer more from the spin on the opponent's serves and it is more difficult for me to direct them. The trajectory is higher both in blocks, returns and attacks... Now I am waiting for an ABS 3 2.0 and I will probably use in the future either a Reflection (which is cheap in Spain) or a STÖRKRAFT. Before a 5-year break from table tennis, I used LP Globe 979 OX in a Tibhar Defense + blade (an old model that has nothing to do with the new one, although at first view they are the same). Then I had a break of 5 years and when I came back (it was a long year or two ago) I played with a Joola CWX (also the old model, which has nothing to do with the new one) SpinLord Dornenglanz OX and Hurrican Neo III tuned. The following season I introduced the Matador Texa Carbon, which gave me much more depth in returns of serves, attacks and blocks, as well as a flatter trajectory. Finally I introduced the Desperado Reloaded OX that abounds in aggressiveness and flat trajectory along with an FH Gewo Proton Neo 450 rubber with medium/soft sponge and soft topsheet with a lot of speed and spin. It is a rubber that works very well with hard and rigid woods such as the Matador Texa Carbon (hard blades /soft rubbers and vice versa). I find it difficult to find something that beats the Matador Texa Carbon//Desperado Reloaded OX//Gewo Pronton Neo 450 max triuvirate. But I don't give up the search, I have a spare Matador Texa Carbon that I use to try new things. Greetings!!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 18:49 

loboestep wrote:
Diegox wrote:
loboestep wrote:
Saludos!!

Regards .

The truth is that I have tried them little. I have very automated strokes and in competition it is not highly recommended to change rubbers. The times I have used Viper it has been a loose training match, but I immediately returned to my go-to material since I had a competition on the weekend. From what I saw at the time, Viper is more similar to Reloaded and Viper Soft is much slower. Reloaded is more direct with a flatter and more incisive trajectory to the bottom of the table, it adapts more to my game of putting pressure and waiting for the high ball to attack. Viper is somewhat softer and that makes it have more grip. I notice those differences, but they are not huge, I can play with one or the other interchangeably. Soft is different and I didn't really like it. In any case, I must try them more intensely. For now the closest thing I have found to Reloaded is the Spinlord Leviathan, the old version. Leviathan is a Reloaded on steroids, it does more damage but has less control.
Now I'm trying to find an anti that I can use in a similar way to the LPs but I can't find it. I have already tried ABS 2 Pro and Super Glanti 1.2 but I lose a lot of touch...I suffer more from the spin on the opponent's serves and it is more difficult for me to direct them. The trajectory is higher both in blocks, returns and attacks... Now I am waiting for an ABS 3 2.0 and I will probably use in the future either a Reflection (which is cheap in Spain) or a STÖRKRAFT. Before a 5-year break from table tennis, I used LP Globe 979 OX in a Tibhar Defense + blade (an old model that has nothing to do with the new one, although at first view they are the same). Then I had a break of 5 years and when I came back (it was a long year or two ago) I played with a Joola CWX (also the old model, which has nothing to do with the new one) SpinLord Dornenglanz OX and Hurrican Neo III tuned. The following season I introduced the Matador Texa Carbon, which gave me much more depth in returns of serves, attacks and blocks, as well as a flatter trajectory. Finally I introduced the Desperado Reloaded OX that abounds in aggressiveness and flat trajectory along with an FH Gewo Proton Neo 450 rubber with medium/soft sponge and soft topsheet with a lot of speed and spin. It is a rubber that works very well with hard and rigid woods such as the Matador Texa Carbon (hard blades /soft rubbers and vice versa). I find it difficult to find something that beats the Matador Texa Carbon//Desperado Reloaded OX//Gewo Pronton Neo 450 max triuvirate. But I don't give up the search, I have a spare Matador Texa Carbon that I use to try new things. Greetings!!

Thank you for this amazing answer. So clear and touching many key points. I’m more clear about Desperado and the difference with Viper already.

Now that you speak about inverted rubbers and woods, what do you think about combining hard rubber and hard blade, as for example Texa Carbon with Hurricane, do you think it has some kind of sense?

Regards

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 20:03 
Super User

Not for me. As a general rule, soft rubbers are used in rigid blades and hard rubbers are used in flexible blades, that is how the sweet spot is found, or so the theory goes. A hard, rigid blade with a hard rubber gives very little contact time, so the technique has to be very good to be efficient. A Hurricane Neo 3 in the softest sponge tuned is not so hard....Also Hurricane 8-80 is not very hard.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2024, 20:18 

loboestep wrote:
Not for me. As a general rule, soft rubbers are used in rigid blades and hard rubbers are used in flexible blades, that is how the sweet spot is found, or so the theory goes. A hard, rigid blade with a hard rubber gives very little contact time, so the technique has to be very good to be efficient. A Hurricane Neo 3 in the softest sponge tuned is not so hard....Also Hurricane 8-80 is not very hard.

Thank you for you explanation, fantastic ideas always.

I’m curious to try some of the inverted rubbers offered by the brand like Dominance Spin and Dominance Spin Hard. As you said, maybe Dominance Spin will work nicely in a blade as Texa Carbon.

I’m curious to check it out how they will behave in this blade. Did you try any of them?

Regards.