OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 11:26 

Wang Jian Jiang is one of the best amateur long pips players in China.
His nick name is 東邪, meaning "Evil of the East".
He plays with enlarged long pimple (Dawei 388D-1) and Haifu short pips.
The reversal of his long pips is just "crazy", and his twiddling is so quick.
Here are some of his vidoes:

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 12:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great videos wlhk! :up: :up: :up: He looks deadly... a very appropriate nickname! :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 13:16 

one superb player there! :)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 14:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
His nick name is 東邪, meaning "Evil of the East".......that is VERY funny! He LOOKS like Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movies!!!

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 07:00 

What does enlarged long pimple mean? Is it a home made version or a factory tuned originally?
I love its spin reversal. I have never seen such a spin reversal by a friction LP.
I'm sorry, but I doubt.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 10:23 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
They sell the oversized Dawei pips on ttnpp.com.

He also has his own brand of pips (not ITTF approved).

I've tried them both. Too fast for me and spin-reversal is nothing special.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 11:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
I've tried them both. Too fast for me and spin-reversal is nothing special.

I bought four of each to try (since they are so cheap), but didn't like them at all... I ended up giving all of them away to a 2100-level local blocker (Liang Wei) and he loves them over DtecS ox! When I played him, I thought he was much worse with these x-large LPs than DtecS, but he said he's been kicking @ss with them in practice matches against others... :^) :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 04:42 

Thanks MNNB. I understand it.
It looks as if it were cooked.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 04:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

pal wrote:

Not really cooked, imho... My experience and testing tells me it's simply manufactured by using oversized 388D-1 mold instead of standard one. It doesn't feel oily, hard or dead like treated rubbers at all... I think it's simply a super-sized long pips manufactured for fun, the same as those giant table tennis paddles... :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 06:20 

roundrobin wrote:
pal wrote:

Not really cooked, imho... My experience and testing tells me it's simply manufactured by using oversized 388D-1 mold instead of standard one. It doesn't feel oily, hard or dead like treated rubbers at all... I think it's simply a super-sized long pips manufactured for fun, the same as those giant table tennis paddles... :lol:

I do not know, it is possible, but the "Evil of East has huge ammount of spin reversal on those videos. His opponents push the ball into the net many times. Currently there is no friction rubber(ITTF) on the market which would be able to do this.
In other case, the treated rubbers are not necessarily looks oily.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 10:51 

roundrobin wrote:
pal wrote:

The enlarged pimples are a result of soaking the regular Dawai 388D-1 in chemical. On www.taobao.com, these pips are sold as "二次加工大夥粒", meaning "treated 2 times large pimples". But each supplier treat the pips differently and their playing characteristics vary. Some are over-done and they become very fragile and will lose lots of pips during each playing session.

Typically, the enlarged pips are 2.5 to 2.6mm long and are very elastic and bends easily and quite fast. For a passive blocker, the 2.5mm version may not work for them.

There are some suppliers that provide the 2.1-2.2mm version, and these pips are slower and and provide better control. The problem is, it is very hand to find the 2.1mm version on www.tao.bao.com

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 06:30 

wlhk wrote:
roundrobin wrote:
pal wrote:

The enlarged pimples are a result of soaking the regular Dawai 388D-1 in chemical. On http://www.taobao.com, these pips are sold as "二次加工大夥粒", meaning "treated 2 times large pimples". But each supplier treat the pips differently and their playing characteristics vary. Some are over-done and they become very fragile and will lose lots of pips during each playing session.

Typically, the enlarged pips are 2.5 to 2.6mm long and are very elastic and bends easily and quite fast. For a passive blocker, the 2.5mm version may not work for them.

There are some suppliers that provide the 2.1-2.2mm version, and these pips are slower and and provide better control. The problem is, it is very hand to find the 2.1mm version on http://www.tao.bao.com

What kind of "chemical" is used?

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 04:15 
Super User

I play short pips cpen and have long pips on the backhand for the very rare twiddle if I'm struggling with a serve.

This video here of Wang Jian Jiang demonstrating how to block and attack with Long Pips really makes me want to integrate it more. Unfortunately I can't understand a thing he's saying :P but this video is pure gold.

Check out 14:28 in the video. That was so good I was literally laughing in my cubicle here at work enjoying that point.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY1Nzc0NDU2.html

(sorry, no idea how to embed youku videos.)

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 10:37 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

A few more videos on this long pips master, from happypingpang.com

http://media.happypingpang.com/lists.ph ... sses&tag=8, 2 pages, over 20 videos, enjoy. :up:

His name 黄建疆 should be translated into HUANG Jian Jiang, not WANG. "Wang or 王" is the surname for Wang Liqin, Wang Hao, and Wang Tao. :)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 05:53 
Super User

Thought this was worth posting.

From the previous post I saw it in one of their suggested videos. Here is Wang playing what looks like Vladimir Samsonov (90% sure on this) and winning a game.

http://media.happypingpang.com/play.php ... 7600001321

If you watch enough of Wang's videos, and try your best to understand what he's talking about :), it's very clear to see how to hit with LPs but IMO much harder to achieve. I've got the cut block vs topspin. But that pushing slightly upward movement vs backspin I have to work on. He makes it look so easy and can directionally hit that very well.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!