OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 02:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
This is why you need twiddling ,especiallly in this 40 plus era ,right?

or be fit enough to pivot and fh attack , right?

I don't think any LP player loves pip to pip rallies.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 02:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

BTW, the expensive ,likeable,praised Desperado Reloaded seems to have zero dampening effect- check it out at 1: 58 sec, let alone the expensive, yes, expensive Matador Texa Carbon.If only you REALLY knew the profit margin,....

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 05:33 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I actually love these kinds of rallies, they test my concentration to its fullest.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C Max
BH: DMS Sabotage .5 Black
While being able to twiddle is very important, so is being able to counter topspin with long pips. Or more aggressive sideswiping. The worst part of this match is the one sided thinking between the two players. One blocks the other chops. There are other choices. Too many people think that playing with long pips is limiting. It is only as limiting as your imagination and what you practice.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 23:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
My BH to BH LP rallies look WAY WORSE than this. Pretty good play imo!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2024, 01:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The idea behind this post is : If the guy that lost should twiddle,he might have beaten the p1v 1.5 fitter,slimmer ,younger opponent

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2024, 06:06 

The simple answer is no. The big guy takes way more chances and moves more than his opponent. But if he had more penetrating shots with his pips he maybe would have won easily.

This is a classic match where two players are used to having the pace created by their opponents. That is why I practice finishing soft topspin shots with my pips or anti (depending on what I am playing with at the moment). You can get lots of speed out of OX pips. Keep the rackets up above the table when you start your stroke forward. Contact the ball with a mostly vertical blade and and hit forward flipping the blade over at contact. Essentially hit the ball where you want it to go. As you practice make little adjustments for your individual stroke and rubber/sponge until you can be consistent.

I do think that twiddling is an essential skill to be a good pips or anti player. I also think that too many people are one dimensional with these rubbers. They are very versatile and dynamic. Seeing the surprise on your opponents face when you topspin block their loop past them rather than just blocking another backspin ball at them or when you push their push and they topspin their shot into the table in front of them while using your pips is very satisfying and proof that you are mastering all of the different aspects of these rubbers.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2024, 07:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ThreeDMan wrote:
The simple answer is no. The big guy takes way more chances and moves more than his opponent. But if he had more penetrating shots with his pips he maybe would have won easily.

This is a classic match where two players are used to having the pace created by their opponents. That is why I practice finishing soft topspin shots with my pips or anti (depending on what I am playing with at the moment). You can get lots of speed out of OX pips. Keep the rackets up above the table when you start your stroke forward. Contact the ball with a mostly vertical blade and and hit forward flipping the blade over at contact. Essentially hit the ball where you want it to go. As you practice make little adjustments for your individual stroke and rubber/sponge until you can be consistent.

I do think that twiddling is an essential skill to be a good pips or anti player. I also think that too many people are one dimensional with these rubbers. They are very versatile and dynamic. Seeing the surprise on your opponents face when you topspin block their loop past them rather than just blocking another backspin ball at them or when you push their push and they topspin their shot into the table in front of them while using your pips is very satisfying and proof that you are mastering all of the different aspects of these rubbers.

I do see what you mean but what do you mean by " penetrating shots "?

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2024, 14:23 

That is a good question. I probably got it from tennis but it can be used for table tennis as well.

These are shots that put pressure on your opponent. They are usually deep or hurrying in some way. Like a loop that jumps at you after it hits your side of the table or an off the bounce block from OX pips that gets back to your opponent quicker than they would like. Your opponent would have to step back to compensate for both or play faster. Hopefully giving you the advantage.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2024, 22:58 

Well, based on how many fh attacks the pants guy missed... I'm going to say he was going out of his comfort zone! Which probably means he was losing patience and decided to go for riskier point enders.

Another strategy might have been to do nothing but pip to pip, and force the expedite rule (assuming they use it there). Or if not, keep playing until next month :D