OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 19:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Marcin Marchlewski (Poland)
Style: LP blocker/Push blocker/Defender
Blade: ??
FH: ??
BH: Dawei 388D-1 ox

He plays mostly close to the table and uses his LP a lot. He tries to set up för a FH attack or make opponent miss by misreading spin. He sometimes defend from distance. There are many videos on Youtube of him playing :) .
His BH rubber is discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27376

Last edited by Def-attack on 28 Aug 2015, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 19:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

More:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 19:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
He uses the pimples well! :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2015, 23:59 
Super User

Nice style, too bad he surely uses illegal pips... no regular pip can give that reversal without a chopblocking motion. That LP is surely enlarged (to soften and slow it down) and the friction of the top of the pips has been reduced...
Still, i'd like to see how many players of his league could play that well with such a rubber, he has really good timing, touch and strategy :up:

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2015, 00:33 
Incredible Shrinking Man

I think blade is a Buttterfly ??

Yes, I would like to try that pip. :P

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 00:04 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
at first, i was sure he is playing with some new slick anti, like Beast or something...

are you sure he is playing with lp?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 00:34 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
111Iceman111 wrote:
at first, i was sure he is playing with some new slick anti, like Beast or something...

are you sure he is playing with lp?

Absolutely he is. His BH characteristics are LP all the way.

LOVE his chicken-wing. :party: Its just like mine. In fact his whole game is like mine....well would be if I was as agile as him :oops: :D

Thanks for posting DA. I'd never seen this guy play. I think I'll have to watch more than the first vid that i watched. I might pick up some new ideas. Then again, this guy should check out my game, he might pick a few up from me :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 00:48 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
RevanII wrote:
Nice style, too bad he surely uses illegal pips... no regular pip can give that reversal without a chopblocking motion. That LP is surely enlarged (to soften and slow it down) and the friction of the top of the pips has been reduced...
Still, i'd like to see how many players of his league could play that well with such a rubber, he has really good timing, touch and strategy :up:

yes, i know him well :)
met him at few tournaments
its not just enlarged
pips are enlarged and modificated. topsheet has color weathered/pale red. its looks like really old sheet, but its just modificated.
enlarged dawei 388D-1 dont last long (2-4 weeks)
but this one last half of year.

i have played against it, and im pip user and i know how pips works. but vs this rubber my ball landed on other table. spin reversal is really huge. more than with frictionless LP. those pips are twice bigger, 50% higher, more flexible, more grippy than normal dawei 388D-1 or even p1r.
they add a lot of spin or can kill a lot of spin. just minimum movement is needed. bending pips are doing all work.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 14:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

If his pips are treated to be so obviously modified, its a wonder he gets away with playing with them. Any idea on how he does?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 15:09 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
If his pips are treated to be so obviously modified, its a wonder he gets away with playing with them. Any idea on how he does?

Referees doesnt know anything abt pips. They dont have special tools to check grippness, pips hight, etc. Before match referee just check ittf approved list.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 15:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Yesand you said pips are 50% higher, which a ref can check and throw out.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 15:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Yesand you said pips are 50% higher, which a ref can check and throw out.

Also, some opponents at that level must try to do something at obvious cheating? Or perhps he used "mor ok" pips at league matches?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 02:10 
Super User

Guys, i don't know how it goes in your countries, but here you can almost basically play with what you want...
at low levels there are no referees in the leagues;
in the tournaments the referees do some checks, but understand nothing of rubbers, so everything passes, only thing that doesn't pass may be colour and height of the pips;
at high levels there are not many succesfull players with treated rubbers, and the best players in the country surely shouldn't be beaten by them, since at that level the illegal rubber gives not so much advantage, so good players who face treated opponents don't complain.

I heard even Chen Weixing might enlarge his p1-r

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 09:31 

In which league does Marchlewski compete? It´s called "I Liga" in the vids but is that 2nd or 3rd Divisionin Poland? Nice games to watch btw! Thx

@bh rubber
Yes I noticed some nice reversal. :devil: ok but it doesn´t appear too extreme. Somebody rates it better than old frictionless pips? I played Dr.N Superblock those days and don´t see such weird trajectory in the 2 vids I watched. Perhaps that´s due to camera angle? Apart from that an umpire should identify such basic things like visible enlargement/color assuming garbol´s observation is true. In Germany treated lp rubbers are sometimes excluded from tournaments by umpires even without techn. device. In some parts of the country more sometimes less when umpires want to avoid trouble and only check the ITTF list. But that refers to UV-treatment of pips. Concerning enlargement even those umpires would identify double sized pimples rubber and throw players out :rofl: . But one shouldn´t forget this player here has also a good fh and use of treated pips requires some skills too. So if he get´s away with it..I can enjoy more of those vids :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 18:29 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
RevanII wrote:
Guys, i don't know how it goes in your countries, but here you can almost basically play with what you want...
at low levels there are no referees in the leagues;
in the tournaments the referees do some checks, but understand nothing of rubbers, so everything passes, only thing that doesn't pass may be colour and height of the pips;
at high levels there are not many succesfull players with treated rubbers, and the best players in the country surely shouldn't be beaten by them, since at that level the illegal rubber gives not so much advantage, so good players who face treated opponents don't complain.

Same here. I have not heard of any referee interfence with equipment.

I have semi-frictionless pips, but they are not treated in any ways. My pips have just lost their grip like inverted lose their grip. It does not give much advantage, although receiving spinny shots is bit easier.

Marchlewski seems to have same kind of BH style with me, so interesting videos. :up: