OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 23:44


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2015, 01:43 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 399
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 109 times
He's been in the italian top 20 for almost 10 years now (he's exactly 20th at the moment).
Last year (2014/2015) he was decisive to win the A1 championship with his team.
He played for years in A2-A1 and also in Switzerland.
The only thing i know about his racket is that he is the former best OX frictionless lp player in Italy and now he plays with slippery anti with custom dampening sponge, probably ABS.
He plays with touch and fantasy and above all a devastating forehand topspin

Here's a match, you can find many others in the same channel

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Butterfly Defence III ST
FH: Baracuda 1.8 (black)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.0 (red)


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 05:51 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 08:28
Posts: 83
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Thanks for posting! I´ve enjoyed some more of his matches on youtube. It´s great to see a player like Roberto competing with an antitop rubber in Serie A! :up: Italian champion with his team in 2015! Respect!! Antitop players on this level are really rare. He creates massive spin on his fh for sure. the effect of his bh strokes puts some pressure on Yao who apparently has no clue of dealing with spin reversal. ;) Too bad there is no further information about the blade and rubbers. On bh should be one of the slick antis like ABS is.

_________________
Antipower
FH: Bluefire 1.9
BH: Buffalo 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 10:08 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 32012
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1655 times
Been thanked: 1127 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Thanks RevanII, that's a good find! :up: :up: :up:

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 23:21 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 399
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 109 times
haggisv wrote:
Thanks RevanII, that's a good find! :up: :up: :up:


To tell the truth, he's quite famous among tt players in italy, so i had heard of him already 3-4 years ago, but i just never noticed he was not present in this section and i never thought of opening a thread until now :lol:

About his anti, i guess it's VERY slick, so it's not so important to know wich is it, if you know what i mean 8)

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Butterfly Defence III ST
FH: Baracuda 1.8 (black)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.0 (red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 18:06 
Online
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3780
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
RevanII wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Thanks RevanII, that's a good find! :up: :up: :up:


To tell the truth, he's quite famous among tt players in italy, so i had heard of him already 3-4 years ago, but i just never noticed he was not present in this section and i never thought of opening a thread until now :lol:

About his anti, i guess it's VERY slick, so it's not so important to know wich is it, if you know what i mean 8)


Do you have any more info on his material? Like what blade?

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 18:13 
Online
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3780
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
I was a little inspired by this dude, I feel that if I was to play with slick anti this is how I would play (only not as good...), perhaps with some more chopping from distance. He seem to give up every time he makes a bad block with his anti and opponent get a chance to smash, he just stands still at the table instead of backing away trying to save the attcking comming to him... Maybe he feels it is better to stay close and hope the smash will land where he holds his bat? Anyway, here are some more videos:












_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 11:39 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 08:28
Posts: 83
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Def-attack wrote:
Maybe he feels it is better to stay close and hope the smash will land where he holds his bat?

To me it seems that he has to stay close to the table because acting passive away from the table is simply no option. At least at that level. These slick Antis are not suited for chopping at all. Strenght is blocking at the table. Only classic Antis enable players to chop like a defender. From what we see in the videos this must be a very slick Anti. Look at the reversal. I´m surprised that Roberto´s bh rubber is such a secret. He´s Top 20 player in Italy. :mm:

_________________
Antipower
FH: Bluefire 1.9
BH: Buffalo 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 06:22 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 399
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Mr Black wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Maybe he feels it is better to stay close and hope the smash will land where he holds his bat?

To me it seems that he has to stay close to the table because acting passive away from the table is simply no option. At least at that level. These slick Antis are not suited for chopping at all. Strenght is blocking at the table. Only classic Antis enable players to chop like a defender. From what we see in the videos this must be a very slick Anti. Look at the reversal. I´m surprised that Roberto´s bh rubber is such a secret. He´s Top 20 player in Italy. :mm:


+1 chopping with that rubber is very difficult and quite ineffective at that level...

As i told, i guess it isn't so important to know which rubber it is... i guess it wouldn't be the same rubber one can find orund... the only thing i'm sure about is that its sponge is a custom very slow/dampening sponge.

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Butterfly Defence III ST
FH: Baracuda 1.8 (black)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.0 (red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2015, 18:28 
Online
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3780
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
Another one, start at 5:20:
http://youtu.be/3l7MeS-FeS0?t=316


_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 03:15 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 22:19
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0vGHQVeqM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 03:44 
Online
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3780
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
Pongista92 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0vGHQVeqM

Great! How did he like the Beast? I guess the even slower and slicker new Transformer would be interesting.

Roberto has a great FH. What rubber was it on FH in that clip?

Were you using your regular bat?

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 05:49 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 22:19
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Def-attack wrote:
Pongista92 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0vGHQVeqM

Great! How did he like the Beast? I guess the even slower and slicker new Transformer would be interesting.

Roberto has a great FH. What rubber was it on FH in that clip?

Were you using your regular bat?


He liked the Beast a lot!
He is currently playing with this rubber. ;)

The forehand's rubber, in this video and this season, is Xiom Omega IV Pro.
Last season he played with an hard Haifu Whale 2 (tuned!)

We had same rackets in this video. They were Roberto's test materials.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 06:27 
Online
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3780
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
Pongista92 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Pongista92 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0vGHQVeqM

Great! How did he like the Beast? I guess the even slower and slicker new Transformer would be interesting.

Roberto has a great FH. What rubber was it on FH in that clip?

Were you using your regular bat?


He liked the Beast a lot!
He is currently playing with this rubber. ;)

The forehand's rubber, in this video and this season, is Xiom Omega IV Pro.
Last season he played with an hard Haifu Whale 2 (tuned!)

We had same rackets in this video. They were Roberto's test materials.


Cool. I would never have guessed he used Haifu :o .
Is he still playing highest League? No videos of him this season? Are you playing the same League?

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 22:40 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 22:19
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Def-attack wrote:
Cool. I would never have guessed he used Haifu :o .
Is he still playing highest League? No videos of him this season? Are you playing the same League?


He has changed club in the new season...he is playing in a lesser League.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2016, 06:08 
Online
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3780
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
Roberto with sand paper bat:

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skilless_slapper and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: