OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 04:05 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
how high is 2666 rank?
is it top10 in US or what?
can some1 explain

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 11:23 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
garbol wrote:
how high is 2666 rank?
is it top10 in US or what?
can some1 explain

Around that - he's #11 on the current list (at 2682 right now) after I attempted to exclude people who do not live in the US and only played a couple of tournaments (folks like Thomas Keinath, Kenji Matsudaira, Satoshi Aida etc.) and got a rating.

If he was a US citizen, he'd be #3.

Most up to date ratings are here:

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis ... ls-Ratings

P.S. Ratings != rank.
P.P.S. As an amusing fact - Andrej Gacina (WR#18 or so) currently has USATT rating of 2677 :lol: , after one tournament he played here in 2016

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 22:45 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Couple of matches from recent tournament (Princeton Pong May Open?), courtesy of NextLevel:

vs. Pan, Deng (2744)

vs. Wang, Zhipei (2639)

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 04:03 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
By looking at these 2 videos jian was very quiet with his bumb shot. I think he did not make more than 5 and they were slower and float more. Against wang he just defend. His chops were done much more lower and slower. Now, it looks that he uses ox but not sure against the nigerian. I think he was using 1.mm. His bumps were nastier. !!!

So he went ox for a more classic defense. Maybe at higher level his bumps are not that dangerous compare to a good solid classic defense.

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 05:19 
Super User

maddrag wrote:
By looking at these 2 videos jian was very quiet with his bumb shot. I think he did not make more than 5 and they were slower and float more. Against wang he just defend. His chops were done much more lower and slower. Now, it looks that he uses ox but not sure against the nigerian. I think he was using 1.mm. His bumps were nastier. !!!

So he went ox for a more classic defense. Maybe at higher level his bumps are not that dangerous compare to a good solid classic defense.

Pan Deng didnt serve short with backspin so Jian couldnt bumb

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 10:03 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2017, 03:02 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Also his semifinal match against Yanjun Gao at the same Westechester July Open:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 22:52 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

LYTTC August Open Final highlights (against Sharon Alguetti):

Edit: Weirdly enough, the still shot for the video is actually from Wetchester club, not LYTTC.

Last edited by pgpg on 13 Aug 2017, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 00:31 
Super User

someone wrote Jian Li is using "cloud and fog 3 ox, matsushita pro alpha blade, and hurricane h3 forehand max"

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 02:22 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
pgpg wrote:
LYTTC August Open Final highlights (against Sharon Alguetti):

Oh my god. He got hammered :oops: :oops:

Let me guess: plastic balls of the worst kind. I have seen a lot of his matches on youtube. Never like this. Not that his opponent played badly.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 08:34 
Super User

brokkie wrote:
Oh my god. He got hammered :oops: :oops:

Let me guess: plastic balls of the worst kind. I have seen a lot of his matches on youtube. Never like this. Not that his opponent played badly.

hm.. i think he didnt have enough space to play defensive + u can have right.. worst plastic balls for defender (seamless or Bfly G40+)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 01:31 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
oh boy oh boy .... :( What a pity to see a final been disputed in a `small box`. The organiser are just not helping our sport. When they got to many peoples who subscribe for the tournament they put more table and did not respect the dimension of the field. I saw that too often. They look at the hight of the net with their rule. Clean the table but forget the important. No other sport do that. Who would play in a haft ice for hockey ? Who would run a 200 meter in a 50 meter oval ? Play badminton with wall 2 feets all around the court.That ridiculus !!!

As a modern defender you like to turn around to attack from your back hand corner ( for righty) and hit a forehand loop or drive but if the dimension of the field is restricted it change you game plan. You find yourself defending more so the opponant is not worry of your counterattack. Boy I got frustrated when can do my counterattack :devil: And I'm not talking about the danger of accident to hit the wall or the referree. ( I did injured peoples to often to a point when i'm not playing tournament anymore.) Let's get out of the low image of our sport. Let's get out of the basement.

Look at Jian li, he can't turn around with a wall about 3 to 4 feet near him. The opponant just playing that side. BLock the first loop ball of Jian and send it to his backhand or push or loop to the backhand. Jian can play his style. What a bummer !!!!

And I can add for the field at the back of the table when you have to just over the small back fence to retrieved a drive from the opponant amongs the spectator.

Sorry for this bad temper but I hope someone will do something about that !

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 04:11 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
maddrag wrote:
oh boy oh boy .... :( What a pity to see a final been disputed in a `small box`. The organiser are just not helping our sport. When they got to many peoples who subscribe for the tournament they put more table and did not respect the dimension of the field. I saw that too often. They look at the hight of the net with their rule. Clean the table but forget the important. No other sport do that. Who would play in a haft ice for hockey ? Who would run a 200 meter in a 50 meter oval ? Play badminton with wall 2 feets all around the court.That ridiculus !!!

As a modern defender you like to turn around to attack from your back hand corner ( for righty) and hit a forehand loop or drive but if the dimension of the field is restricted it change you game plan. You find yourself defending more so the opponant is not worry of your counterattack. Boy I got frustrated when can do my counterattack :devil: And I'm not talking about the danger of accident to hit the wall or the referree. ( I did injured peoples to often to a point when i'm not playing tournament anymore.) Let's get out of the low image of our sport. Let's get out of the basement.

Look at Jian li, he can't turn around with a wall about 3 to 4 feet near him. The opponant just playing that side. BLock the first loop ball of Jian and send it to his backhand or push or loop to the backhand. Jian can play his style. What a bummer !!!!

And I can add for the field at the back of the table when you have to just over the small back fence to retrieved a drive from the opponant amongs the spectator.

Sorry for this bad temper but I hope someone will do something about that !

I agree. But that is not why he lost this match.

My guess: Butterfly G40+ balls looking at the rest of the equipment: Butterfly tables, Butterfly scoreboards, Butterfly banners. These balls are the worst. I've seen world class defenders being destroyed with these balls. :headbang:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 23:51 
Super User

brokkie wrote:
My guess: Butterfly G40+ balls looking at the rest of the equipment: Butterfly tables, Butterfly scoreboards, Butterfly banners. These balls are the worst. I've seen world class defenders being destroyed with these balls. :headbang:

i agree, new balls are really bad for defenders.
not only bfly G40+, even DHS D40+ is similar.
Most seamless balls has less spin

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2017, 20:45 
Super User

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next