OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 00:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 23:38 

https://youtu.be/TovAL0hNvzM

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 06:31 

3.Bundesliga

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BHWE1ktjBY

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2017, 22:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Not a great match but still a match:
http://youtu.be/W7p9hN39eTk

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 09:26 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so, i am following a bit more closely to this guy lately...

my friend Josip Huzjak who is also regularly playing at that German tt Challenger played against him numerous times and watched him play...

he says that his balls and his pushes are so strange that i need to learn that...

so in the video above, at times 6:15, 11:20, 14:35 and whenever he is returning the serve with an anti push, that push he make is so dangerous...

if you watch closely the ball just skids low of the bounce, like he pushed it with a very grippy/tacky chinese rubber...and the opponent dont have any option but to push it back or to lift it with a very heavy spin...and both options we love...

why am i having such a long intro...bcs that push is very easy to do and i think that we cant do it with our frictionless antis that we are playing...
as i have understood, correct me if i am wrong, that gorilla anti he is playing with is much faster than our dampening block slick antis, and have a little grip...so, that is allowing him to do that motion...

and when he is blocking he can be more aggressive with it, especially important against that new generation of rotation-less plastic balls that are coming...

i was seriously considering to even switch to SP bcs of the plastic balls, but maybe this is a solution?

def attack, matt pimple and others that have played with gorilla, what do you think?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 11:32 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
111Iceman111 wrote:
so, i am following a bit more closely to this guy lately...

my friend Josip Huzjak who is also regularly playing at that German tt Challenger played against him numerous times and watched him play...

he says that his balls and his pushes are so strange that i need to learn that...

so in the video above, at times 6:15, 11:20, 14:35 and whenever he is returning the serve with an anti push, that push he make is so dangerous...

if you watch closely the ball just skids low of the bounce, like he pushed it with a very grippy/tacky chinese rubber...and the opponent dont have any option but to push it back or to lift it with a very heavy spin...and both options we love...

why am i having such a long intro...bcs that push is very easy to do and i think that we cant do it with our frictionless antis that we are playing...
as i have understood, correct me if i am wrong, that gorilla anti he is playing with is much faster than our dampening block slick antis, and have a little grip...so, that is allowing him to do that motion...

and when he is blocking he can be more aggressive with it, especially important against that new generation of rotation-less plastic balls that are coming...

i was seriously considering to even switch to SP bcs of the plastic balls, but maybe this is a solution?

def attack, matt pimple and others that have played with gorilla, what do you think?

Never used the gorilla, but your talk is why I moved away from the flanti rubbers. Wasn't really winning many points due to reversal, from the lack of spin. So i went with ox LP or MP rubbers, opting to give up some reversal for speedier shots and blocks. Watching pushblocker play i saw that barely any of his blocks were short. He was stealing time and making his opponents move instead. Similar experience dr n's rhino. Faster returns with lower reversal and less dependency on incoming spin.

I'm liking the super do knuckle more and more, as it also allows you to attack both top spin and no spin as well as back spin. Though it has virtually no reversal in ox.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 17:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I am having the same thoughts as Iceman, but this change requires practice and change of game pattern. That is more than I can do in the middle of the season. But I have played some with Gorilla original sponge in 1,0 and it is ok to handle speedwise but you can’t rely on pure spin reversal. But it is much easier to attack with and very fun! And I think it will be easier to handle with the ABS-ball.

I will try it now and then until late March (or after next weekend when we have a longer break from league game) and then give it a real try.

Also, there is Neubauer Powerattack. Less friction than Gorilla and a more dynamic sponge. That should also be more easy to use with ABS balls.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 17:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I started a new thread on this topic, so others can tag along. Please write what you said above in that thread as well: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32141

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 03:29 
Super User

so i just got an inside information that Sriram is playing with old 1.3 Gorilla, without ABS sponge... i updated OP...

this is what we all sort of knew, but now is confirmed...i also manage to pass him this link so maybe he will stop to say hi to his fans on ooak forum :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 03:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
so i just got an inside information that Sriram is playing with old 1.3 Gorilla, without ABS sponge... i updated OP...

this is what we all sort of knew, but now is confirmed...i also manage to pass him this link so maybe he will stop to say hi to his fans on ooak forum :rock:

He is also using Xiom Amadeus and probably Spectol 21 (perhaps that is already in the first post).

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 04:00 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
111Iceman111 wrote:

First of all the Gorilla has not grip whatsoever and I'd like to argue that it is the slickest anti next to the Grizzly. And the reason that Sriram's shots are so good is probably because he practices every day! There is no secret rubber that does that but just endless practice. The Gorilla produces quite funny balls though that sometimes wobble in the air or suddenly dive but you still need to master that rubber.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 06:51 
Super User

ok, true...but look at the video at times i suggested and tell me how does he push that balls with underspin if gorilla is totaly slick...the move he does is like with inverted rubber :?:

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 07:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
ok, true...but look at the video at times i suggested and tell me how does he push that balls with underspin if gorilla is totaly slick...the move he does is like with inverted rubber :?:

My Gorilla has more grip than Bison, no doubt about that. But there might be different batches of Gorilla perhaps. That kind of push is rather easy to do with Gorilla if you use some force. The top sheet and sponge are rather soft and I think that it has more grip on high impact but at low impact, on blocks, it has good spin reversal. But I will need to try it more to know for sure...

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2017, 08:40 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
How much reversal is there with the gorilla?

Watching the point below, it seems that Sriram blocked by the loops which looked fairly heavy, and his opponent was never forced into a push. Not that he would HAVE to push, but you generally see that happening on Amir's anti shots for example. Very heavy and short back spin.

Does the gorilla have less reversal on the ball? Does it actually provide much?

http://youtu.be/sTU7mrVwmEY?t=5m33s

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2017, 23:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

skilless_slapper wrote:
How much reversal is there with the gorilla?

Watching the point below, it seems that Sriram blocked by the loops which looked fairly heavy, and his opponent was never forced into a push. Not that he would HAVE to push, but you generally see that happening on Amir's anti shots for example. Very heavy and short back spin.

Does the gorilla have less reversal on the ball? Does it actually provide much?

http://youtu.be/sTU7mrVwmEY?t=5m33s

For passive blocking most other slick antis (Transformer, Diabolic, Bison etc) returns more back spin than Gorilla. Gorilla have other qualities, like speed and it gives weird balls that ar tricky to read. But I only have one sheet of Gorilla, perhaps they differ?

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 07:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

New ones :rock:
They use ABS balls at this competition

http://youtu.be/lXjzKjHpBbs

http://youtu.be/FTCoSPyVJuY

http://youtu.be/ihtL-GWKVZg

http://youtu.be/NB2oUSfSOoo

http://youtu.be/V7J5mQD7XGo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next