OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 00:14 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
111Iceman111 wrote:
so,

i guess i must practice twiddling while serving now... :rock:

that is really nasty serve AA...i have perfected the same, but with backside... definitely more nasty when served with anti...

on a side note AA, when i come to camp in July i can teach you forehand spin if you teach me some anti tricks :lol: jk

deal ;)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 06:07 
Super User

another game, some rather cool ralleys... 8)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 08:30 
Super User

Super-Duper AA! :rock: :up:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:11 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
tnx for the new video AA, from all the fanti players, i like your video and technique the most...

very educational for us wannabe fanti players...serving, returning the serve, blocking and attacking...i need to master only these four :rock: :lol: :rofl: 8)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 21:40 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
tnx for the new video AA, from all the fanti players, i like your video and technique the most...

very educational for us wannabe fanti players...serving, returning the serve, blocking and attacking...i need to master only these four :rock: :lol: :rofl: 8)

i will do my best to teach you during the course ;)

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 21:26 
Super User

just one quick question before...

i was having an argument with a friend i was showing your videos...i said that you are doing a little upward motion with your blade while blocking, and he said its not up, it is a push parallel with the table toward the opponent...

which one is it, or better, can you dissect your block process in couple of sentences...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 21:48 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
just one quick question before...

i was having an argument with a friend i was showing your videos...i said that you are doing a little upward motion with your blade while blocking, and he said its not up, it is a push parallel with the table toward the opponent...

which one is it, or better, can you dissect your block process in couple of sentences...

i actually dont move the blade when blocking...if i do, then its just to reach the ball because i am not directly standing infront of the ball or its to move the ball to a certain spot, then its a minimal parallel movement. you should try to block the Loop rather early and not do any motion. there is a technique to put the opponent under more pressure by pressing the blocks back parallel at a faster pace, but i didnt do that in any of the videos, just in the promo-video of "bad".

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 04:03 
Super User

hm, strange, in slow motion in videos its like your hand is moving upwards...so, my friend was right? and he doesnt know anything about antis :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 06:38 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
For "forwards/upwards," take a look, for example, at the rally that occurs at about 3:47 in the last video above. The rally starting at about 5:22 also features two types of blocks, from what I can see. The first block in that rally appears to be a "pullback block," where you draw the paddle back a bit on contact to take some of the pace off the ball (I saw a number of such blocks in the video), while the second block (which is done chicken-wing) clearly looks to have upward movement. I mean, I also try to keep the paddle steady on contact (blocking with long pips), but there are times when I make these kinds of adjustments both consciously and unconsciously to adjust to the pace/spin of the ball.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 06:58 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

In the rally that starts at around 6:34, you can also see a few types of blocks. The first is a dead block, the next three appear to be pullback blocks and in the last one, there appears to be some upward movement on contact.

There's another block with clear upward movement at around 7:16. I'm sure there are more, but I'll stop here to give you a chance to explain why what I'm seeing might be mistaken.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 07:49 
Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
For "forwards/upwards," take a look, for example, at the rally that occurs at about 3:47 in the last video above. The rally starting at about 5:22 also features two types of blocks, from what I can see. The first block in that rally appears to be a "pullback block," where you draw the paddle back a bit on contact to take some of the pace off the ball (I saw a number of such blocks in the video), while the second block (which is done chicken-wing) clearly looks to have upward movement. I mean, I also try to keep the paddle steady on contact (blocking with long pips), but there are times when I make these kinds of adjustments both consciously and unconsciously to adjust to the pace/spin of the ball.

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
In the rally that starts at around 6:34, you can also see a few types of blocks. The first is a dead block, the next three appear to be pullback blocks and in the last one, there appears to be some upward movement on contact.

There's another block with clear upward movement at around 7:16. I'm sure there are more, but I'll stop here to give you a chance to explain why what I'm seeing might be mistaken.

3:47 = the block was pushed forward/parallel, because the loop was very slow

5:22 = the first isnt really pulled back, its just me being too near to the table and going back to "catch" the ball, the second is just me compensating my bad position

6:34 = is a mix of the above, but mainly compensating the fact that i am either to far away or to near to to the ball

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 09:24 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Okay, thanks. I thought it would help to talk about concrete instances to minimize confusion. What I understand you to be saying is that most of the movement that's there on blocks is there to adjust for positioning rather than some deliberate effort to move the paddle on contact in any specific way, except for the case where you're dealing with a slow loop that you want to block back with some pace and so add some slight forward motion.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2016, 20:43 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Dear Amir, I have i question for you :whew: :

Until now, I played with celuloid balls. Der materialspezialist Beast 1.2 on Yasaka Balsa did a very good job. I am talking about spin reverse. Precisely I was very satisfied with backspin after block opponents loops. Only the best player may attack 2nd and 3rd block, and have to push the ball or make a mistake. This was my opportunity to attack or finish the point with my short pips on the forehand.
Now, i am trying plastic balls, because we will play with this plastic balls next season in Serbia.
I an disappointed. The ball has low spin in every stroke, so the strongest weapon with Beast, backspin after block opponents loops, was disappeared. Opponent may aggressivelly attack such blocks.

Does DMS Transformer or DrN Buffalo solve this problem? Any suggestions? Amir, do you find a solution? :headbang:

P.S. Shot pips play better, because you can smash a lot of balls because of less spin and because game is slower, so you have more time to prepare a shot.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2016, 20:52 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
One more conclusion:

I dont have solution for next problem: Good player serve speedy non-spin serve in my backhand, after that, i cannot give back shortly, because of speed of the serve. After that he attack very hard because he know that the ball in this situation has no spin. Do you have the same problem, especially you play better league than me.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2016, 21:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
mataxxl wrote:
Dear Amir, I have i question for you :whew: :

Until now, I played with celuloid balls. Der materialspezialist Beast 1.2 on Yasaka Balsa did a very good job. I am talking about spin reverse. Precisely I was very satisfied with backspin after block opponents loops. Only the best player may attack 2nd and 3rd block, and have to push the ball or make a mistake. This was my opportunity to attack or finish the point with my short pips on the forehand.
Now, i am trying plastic balls, because we will play with this plastic balls next season in Serbia.
I an disappointed. The ball has low spin in every stroke, so the strongest weapon with Beast, backspin after block opponents loops, was disappeared. Opponent may aggressivelly attack such blocks.

Does DMS Transformer or DrN Buffalo solve this problem? Any suggestions? Amir, do you find a solution? :headbang:

P.S. Shot pips play better, because you can smash a lot of balls because of less spin and because game is slower, so you have more time to prepare a shot.

Transformer i better at this, and slower. If you are used to Beast in 1.2 mm a Transformer 1.0 mm will feel a little slower and with more spin reversal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!