OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 09:49 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Hey Amir

Do you change your grip going from backhand blocking to forehand attacking?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 03:52 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Hello Amir

What keeps you using 802 compared to some of the newer generation pips such as firestorm which you were using very impressively in the promotional video.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 18:24 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
skilless_slapper wrote:
Hey Amir

Do you change your grip going from backhand blocking to forehand attacking?

yes, the thumb goes up so i can use my wrist more when i play backhand

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 18:24 
Super User

ChasFox wrote:
Hello Amir

What keeps you using 802 compared to some of the newer generation pips such as firestorm which you were using very impressively in the promotional video.

hmm..i just feel most comfortable with it :)

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2019, 12:15 
Super User

How has Mr AA been doing as of late? Any new matches to see? Always like to watch and learn from them! :rock: :Defense:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2019, 09:30 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
How has Mr AA been doing as of late? Any new matches to see? Always like to watch and learn from them! :rock: :Defense:

currently i have the best ranking of my entire career in the 2.national league = nr.12 (this also includes non-nationals), even played 17:1 in the second half of the season so far, despite my old age..maybe i am like a wine :party:

3 rounds left..season wraps up may/april, so you will see full match videos starting from one of the two months...

and some possible snippets in a different venue soon ;)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2019, 12:37 
Super User

AA wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

currently i have the best ranking of my entire career in the 2.national league = nr.12 (this also includes non-nationals), even played 17:1 in the second half of the season so far, despite my old age..maybe i am like a wine :party:

3 rounds left..season wraps up may/april, so you will see full match videos starting from one of the two months...

and some possible snippets in a different venue soon ;)

Moving on up! Looks like the ol' anti is keeping the whipper snappers in line :devil:

For style longevity wise, do you notice any injuries or overuse problems with your techniques? I'm kind of getting beat up playing classic defender, darting around back and forth and all that... mainly just torquing and twisting the spine.

I would think/hope with the blocking style, youd be able to continue on for a long while at a pretty high level. Is that what you're finding to be the case? Or do you still get some damage to the body?

And is that another fancy new rubber from dms you're using!?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2019, 19:01 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:

Moving on up! Looks like the ol' anti is keeping the whipper snappers in line :devil:

For style longevity wise, do you notice any injuries or overuse problems with your techniques? I'm kind of getting beat up playing classic defender, darting around back and forth and all that... mainly just torquing and twisting the spine.

I would think/hope with the blocking style, youd be able to continue on for a long while at a pretty high level. Is that what you're finding to be the case? Or do you still get some damage to the body?

i only had three medical issues so far: one knee injury which doesnt pertain to tablettenis (i assume)...then a back-shoulder related issue which is tabletennis related , it has to do with the fact that i am 185cm in height, so i really need to bend down/crouch and that when playing my backhand motion that that area is strained..there was a point when this got really bad, but the main factor was that i wasnt paying attention to posture in everyday life and thus had a continuous strain going on...once that had been fixed things got better and i hardly have these episodes anymore. the last issue is tennis-elbow which i had for 1 year which probably came from the continous wrist motion..this too i was able to get rid of by special cortisone treatments..went away and since 2 years i have no problems anymore, no injections or therapy needed.

so yes, luckily i have no major medical issues that are impairing me currently and i hope it stays that way ;)

yes, its the upcoming slick anti from DMS that i am using "scandal"....more to come soon!

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2019, 05:18 
Super User

AA wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

i only had three medical issues so far: one knee injury which doesnt pertain to tablettenis (i assume)...then a back-shoulder related issue which is tabletennis related , it has to do with the fact that i am 185cm in height, so i really need to bend down/crouch and that when playing my backhand motion that that area is strained..there was a point when this got really bad, but the main factor was that i wasnt paying attention to posture in everyday life and thus had a continuous strain going on...once that had been fixed things got better and i hardly have these episodes anymore. the last issue is tennis-elbow which i had for 1 year which probably came from the continous wrist motion..this too i was able to get rid of by special cortisone treatments..went away and since 2 years i have no problems anymore, no injections or therapy needed.

so yes, luckily i have no major medical issues that are impairing me currently and i hope it stays that way ;)

yes, its the upcoming slick anti from DMS that i am using "scandal"....more to come soon!

Well, that's something! Nothing too bad, but it seems every style has SOME problems physically that crop up. I know the pushblocker said he got tennis elbow pretty badly as well from doing the backhand blocking/pushing. Which makes sense since most of your movement is coming from that area, down to the wrist.

Maybe blockers can be a bit like choppers -- where they 'mature' later than attackers, and get their best ranks past the usual prime ages. And with blocking, you take most of the movement related injuries out of the equation, so you might imagine they could peak even later and still keep going, when many of the attackers are dying out from injury/decreasing athleticism.

Have you had to alter your strategy much with the new ball? Or is it still fairly passive blocks against top spin, attacking the back spin and smashing FH against any weaker returns? And against weaker players, ones who won't really attack you... do you just swap to using the FH mainly and finishing points without much blocking? I find I do really well against the kind of mindless loopers who just want to play fast and hard-- but the more passive ones make me take on more offense, which often leads to errors...

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2019, 06:14 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:

Have you had to alter your strategy much with the new ball? Or is it still fairly passive blocks against top spin, attacking the back spin and smashing FH against any weaker returns? And against weaker players, ones who won't really attack you... do you just swap to using the FH mainly and finishing points without much blocking?

not really! but since the new ball generation generates less spin, one has to find a rubber/blade combination with a lower throw/trajectory, to get a grip with that problem...also shorter blocks become more important due to spin reducement, since short blocks, like spinny blocks, make it harder for the opponent to loop again/hard. when players adapt a more tactical/passive startegy, i keep up the pressure with the anti, but pick the righ ball to on on offensive..either forehand or twiddling and attacking with the backhand

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 22:54 

Hey Amir,

does the Scandal in 0.9 mm also suit the MSP Revolution blade?
You have played it in the past before switching to Deluxe Carbon.
How do you judge the difference in speed and control with the Scandal?

Cheers
Vetje

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2019, 00:36 
Super User

Vetje wrote:
Hey Amir,

Cheers
Vetje

deluxe carbon is faster and thus the reflection becomes faster. so even more control/slower on revolution, lower trajectory and possibly reversal on carbon deluxe

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 04:31 
Super User

AA wrote:
Vetje wrote:
Hey Amir,

Cheers
Vetje

deluxe carbon is faster and thus the reflection becomes faster. so even more control/slower on revolution, lower trajectory and possibly reversal on carbon deluxe

Hi amir do you think that tje latest versions of ABS balls need to make an adjustment in terms of short pips like 802
Do you use 802 With hard or soft sponge custom? And please how is the burnout pips with ABS ?
I saw the demo video you did withburnout and the ball flies so flat

Thanks for you patience

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2019, 02:10 
Super User

hi folks! wasnt online here for quite some time! :oops:

i recently got a instagram profile and whilst i wont create a seperate one for tabletennis, i will occasionally upload short clips of training routines that i do on my general profile...uploaded the first one now for short pimple attack...twiddling, anti attack etc will follow..its the easiest thing to upload on insta and i thought it might be of help to some..so in case anyone is interested: http://www.instagram.com/dragontattooguy 8) :party:

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2019, 11:37 
Super User

AA wrote:
bbkon wrote:

Hi.AA can you compare 802 and outkill.in terms.of sink spin and control?

thank you

i am assuming you mean the cream sponge version of the 802? 802 has better control, outkill should have a stronger "sink-effect" and both are similar in terms of grip if i remember correctly. i however need to draw to your attention that the last time i had the outkill in my hand was quite a while back

Is that 802 mystery? Where do you buy your 802 rubbers?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next