OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 16:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
Halmstad (Fabian's team) won their first match in the final of the Swedish Pingisliga, and this is against Eslöv that is very close to winning Champions League this year (they won the first encounter with 3-1). Fabian lost 0-3 against Xu Hui and then managed to win against Mattias Översjö. IE he made a good showing, noone expect him to beat Xu Hui, and Översjö is a 50-50 matchup.

His two teammates have been playing really well this year, especially Harald Andersson has been very good in the playoffs. Mattias Karlsson had 2-1 against Xu Hui and was very clos to beating him, he beat him in the league though so it wasn't a big surprise that it was close.

The next meeting is tomorrow, it would be fun if Halmstad could win this year since Eslöv have been subscribing on the title for many many years.

Also, that match tomorrow will be possible to watch somewhere on the internet (and on demnad later I hope).

PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 16:19 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Def-attack wrote:
Also, that match tomorrow will be possible to watch somewhere on the internet (and on demnad later I hope).

Really, I didn't know that, nice!

PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 16:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

I hope I didn't mix it up with something else... :?:

PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 19:33 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

I hope I didn't mix it up with something else... :?:

Eslöv hade a livestream from the Swedish Championships as well as one or two matches from the league as well. Since the match tomorrow will be played in Eslöv it's a good chance they'll stream that one too.

PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 20:42 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I saw some pictures from the earlier matches and he's been using Clipper during the whole playoff, I think he plays a bit better compared to the rest of the year, for whatever reason, but the switch doesn't seem to have done his game any harm.

PostPosted: 24 May 2016, 18:06 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

The third and deciding match in the final series was played yesterday and sadly it didn't go too well for Fabian and his team. Fabian's first match was against Robert Svensson which have played many years in Fulda with Wang Xi and is very good against pips. Fabian managed to steal the first set after being down 6-1 or something like that but after that it was pretty straight forward. He had a small chance to take one more set and perhaps that could've made Svensson a bit nervous but it never really felt Close, Svensson was dictating the whole match.

The second match was against Mattias Översjö who Fabian beat in the two earlier final matches (both with 3-2 in sets) as well as earlier this season I think. This time was totally different though, Fabian didn't play well, especially with his FH that he kept missing and missing, and Översjö was really on fire and playing really really well. When Översjö gets his adrenaline pumping and gets in the zone he's a very tough opponent but I still feel Fabian could've made much more.

The matches can be seen here: https://play.staylive.se/rpmedia/watch/1518/

All in all he stepped up his game during the playoffs and only had one really bad day, sadly that was in the most important match. It's still a step in the right direction IMO.

PostPosted: 24 May 2016, 20:25 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
:up:

I liked his playing style in the 2nd match. A little more patience. His FH is to weak at that level. He should go for a kill shot with his FH. Does he still play blue whale on FH?

PostPosted: 24 May 2016, 21:38 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

IMO he needs to be more aggressive again, he played his best table tennis when attacked as much as possible and focused more on attacking with pace than spin. Take a look at the final against Jens Lundquist in the Swedish Nationals a few years back, that's by far the best I've ever seen him play.

I think he's made the same journey as me, becoming more defensive and a bit more consistent in chopping but loosing aggressiveness and overall attacking ability. He twiddles less now and uses the LP hit on backspin less as well. The main problem is consistency and cutting down on unforced errors, when he misses easy shots like that it's not gonna cut it at that level.

Oh and he plays with Tenergy now, not sure what version though.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2016, 08:52 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
His setup in Czech Open 2016

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2016, 15:59 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

manofan wrote:

Definitely Clipper, it looks like Tenergy as well and it also looks a little bit like a thin sponge under the pips, but we've been fooled before hehe.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2016, 00:25 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
auzcar wrote:
manofan wrote:

Definitely Clipper, it looks like Tenergy as well and it also looks a little bit like a thin sponge under the pips, but we've been fooled before hehe.

for me it looks like thin sponge under the pips as well

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 00:24 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Fabian, please get yourself a frictionless anti...

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 02:13 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Lorre wrote:
Fabian, please get yourself a frictionless anti...

I agree, he hasn't taken a single step forward since he won the Swedish Nationals, he needs to do something if he wants to progress.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 02:46 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
auzcar wrote:
I agree, he hasn't taken a single step forward since he won the Swedish Nationals, he needs to do something if he wants to progress.

i'm sure he tested antis
what he need to step up, its his fh attack.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 05:04 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i dont know if he tested antis, but i agree with the above...

FH is where his greatest weakness is...it is simply not powerful enough to win a point...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!