OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 18:52 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
Roy wrote:
auzcar wrote:
Next match for them is against He Zhiwen and Carlos Machado, tonight 21:30 CET. That match will also be shown at ITTV :up:

http://cdn.laola1.tv/ittf/iframe/player ... attias_SWE

Fab's pips was the hero of the match! It's nice to see that pips work in top level level doubles as well with 1900 rated players! :rofl:

Zhiwen served spinny, Fab returned and the spin was too difficult for Machado to handle.

Zhiwen and Machado seemed to mumble something to each other trought the whole match - I think it's just better to concentrate on playing and less on talking.

i found that sometimes amatuer better handle OX pips than high level player.
its because high level player rarely faceup those kind of style

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 23:20 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I'm quite surprised how much trouble the pips gave his opponents in the doubles to be honest. It gives hope though.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 05:04 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
I've always found pips wonderful in doubles matches....you return your opponents spin....but you have two opponents and they have difficulty understanding the spin their partner generates...this causes alllll sorts of problems especially on serve receive.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 00:05 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Is there anyone that still have some of the old matches with Fabian from the frictionless era? The ones versus Kuzmin and Blaszczyk are the only ones that come to mind that's decent quality. I had them on my old computer but sadly I messed up and wiped the harddrive.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 00:23 
Super User

I only know a training session. Do you have links for this matches?

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 00:29 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Capoblanco wrote:
I only know a training session. Do you have links for this matches?

Yeah the ones on Youtube are the only ones I have. IE the training session with Henzell, the match (just a few points) against Sereda as well as the one against Lebesson (very bad quality).

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2016, 20:13 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Fabian seems to have changed his blade again, to a Spinlord blade. I stumbled on a match he played just a couple of weeks ago when searching for matches of another player. My eye says it's a Spinlord Ultra Carbon, but I'm not 100% sure, haven't seen the whole match yet.

It can be found here: http://www.rpmedia.se/safir/

It's the third video on Friday, labeled "Pass 3", the match starts at around 0:33:00

EDIT: Okay, I'm pretty sure about the blade now, it also looks like Dornenglanz on his BH because of the logo area and the shine, whether he has changed to DG2 or not is pretty impossible to say from the video. It's also a Butterfly rubber on his FH now, probably Tenergy.

Just watched the whole match, this is a player from Swedens second league that he should beat pretty easily IMO but on the contrary he got pretty crushed instead. I think it was mainly his offense that wasn't working and he looked unfocused, sadly these type of results have been pretty symbolic for his whole season. I hope he can come back with good form next year.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 18:23 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Lars at Japsko confirmed that he's now using Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def. I wonder if the reason he switched is that the Carbo Oversize was too dark, we have a former ITTF umpire in our club and he told me that my Balsa Fitter was too dark for Dornenglanz and that there apparently was some kind of limit for how dark it was allowed to be. He told me mine was well beyond that and the Carbo Oversize is just as dark as the Fitter.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 19:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
Lars at Japsko confirmed that he's now using Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def. I wonder if the reason he switched is that the Carbo Oversize was too dark, we have a former ITTF umpire in our club and he told me that my Balsa Fitter was too dark for Dornenglanz and that there apparently was some kind of limit for how dark it was allowed to be. He told me mine was well beyond that and the Carbo Oversize is just as dark as the Fitter.

Couldn't you just paint the blade a little? Or ad a clue sheet with slight colour?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 20:00 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

Couldn't you just paint the blade a little? Or ad a clue sheet with slight colour?

Yeah, that should absolutely work, of course it would change the characteristics a little bit but a thin coat of paint can't change much more than a coat of sealer I guess.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2016, 17:26 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Fabian had a decent showing in the Swedish National Championships, he won his match in the Qualifications easy as expected against a guy from my league. First round went easy as well against a lower rated guy so no surprises there. In the second round he faced Jon Persson that he's had a lot of trouble with before, Jon is a very good and smart player with great defense and sadly Fabian lost 1-4. Jon went on to win the whole thing which is not easy nowadays with five guys in the top 85.

The match against Jon can be seen here: https://play.staylive.se/rpmedia/watch/1321/ the stream of the match starts at about 2:50:50.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2016, 17:38 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Did Lars also mention what Fabian has on BH: D or DII?
auzcar wrote:

Send from Mobile Phone via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2016, 17:41 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Pipsy wrote:
Did Lars also mention what Fabian has on BH: D or DII?
auzcar wrote:

Send from Mobile Phone via Tapatalk

Nope! I would expect that it's still D1 but that's 100% a guess. Lars surely knows though.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 06:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
At 2 hrs and 51 minutes into this film chunk you will see Fabian play new Swedish champion Jon Persson (first set is missing):

https://play.staylive.se/rpmedia/watch/1321/

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 20:14 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
cant play the video, tried on 2 browsers :(

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next