OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 07:57


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 14 May 2016, 23:17 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1705
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: Barricuda 2.0
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Roy wrote:
Good attack vs. defence game.



I spoke to the Lord of TT and he said he let this kid win because he is good friends with his mother.

Seriously tho, that guy had great control and consistency vs chop. That's the kind of player you have to attack nowadays.

What's up with his strange sides wipe lift serve return? I can't make sense of it.

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Comprehensive Thin Inverted Rubbers DBRating: 1615


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 06:18 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 06 Jun 2008, 03:32
Posts: 293
Location: Godinne, Belgium
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Japsican wrote:
What's up with his strange sides wipe lift serve return? I can't make sense of it.


Simon Gauzy plays the same shot.

_________________
Capoblanco

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 09:05 
Offline
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2012, 23:15
Posts: 1656
Location: Newcastle, UK
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 133 times
Blade: BTY Innershield
FH: BTY Tenergy 64 (2.1)
BH: TSP Spectol (1.7)
manofan wrote:
Sometimes when i push a push with my p1r people net it...
Idk if its because is underspin or if is so dead that the ball just drops... :lol:

You definitely can generate backspin with P1-R, even against backspin - it's never a lot though. I've tested this time and time again against my robot, even playing full chopping motions (on a push) with really loose wrist.

Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return float. You hear them say "come on, you knew that was float" - it wasn't, it was topspin, which is why you pushed off the table. Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return topspin.

The LP will return different spin dependent upon which rubber it is, who's using it, how they've used it and what the incoming spin is.

I suspect that in the videos we've seen, players net the ball against Chtchetinine not because he's putting heavy backspin on his LP pushes but because they think it's float or even topspin, so they're trying to "push down" - and end up pushing into the net because they needed to "push neutral" or even lift the ball a bit.

_________________
[Old Gear/Other Setups] DHS Power G7, Adidas P7, Galaxy Mars v2, TSP Curl P1-R, Friendship 802, Butterfly Innershield, Xiom Omega IV Elite, Stiga Chop n' Drive, Butterfly Tenergy 64, Butterfly Tenergy 80, Butterfly Tenergy 05, Stiga Calibra LT Sound, Stiga Calibra Tour S, Tibhar Grass D.TecS
===========================
My blog: "Learning to play: as a modern defender": http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=22254


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 09:09 
Offline
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
User avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2012, 23:15
Posts: 1656
Location: Newcastle, UK
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 133 times
Blade: BTY Innershield
FH: BTY Tenergy 64 (2.1)
BH: TSP Spectol (1.7)
Japsican wrote:
I spoke to the Lord of TT and he said he let this kid win because he is good friends with his mother.

Seriously tho, that guy had great control and consistency vs chop. That's the kind of player you have to attack nowadays.

I'd like to see how that guy got on against Chtch without boost :D

_________________
[Old Gear/Other Setups] DHS Power G7, Adidas P7, Galaxy Mars v2, TSP Curl P1-R, Friendship 802, Butterfly Innershield, Xiom Omega IV Elite, Stiga Chop n' Drive, Butterfly Tenergy 64, Butterfly Tenergy 80, Butterfly Tenergy 05, Stiga Calibra LT Sound, Stiga Calibra Tour S, Tibhar Grass D.TecS
===========================
My blog: "Learning to play: as a modern defender": http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=22254


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 11:59 
Offline
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 21:44
Posts: 1097
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 254 times
Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
dunc wrote:
manofan wrote:
Sometimes when i push a push with my p1r people net it...
Idk if its because is underspin or if is so dead that the ball just drops... :lol:

You definitely can generate backspin with P1-R, even against backspin - it's never a lot though. I've tested this time and time again against my robot, even playing full chopping motions (on a push) with really loose wrist.

Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return float. You hear them say "come on, you knew that was float" - it wasn't, it was topspin, which is why you pushed off the table. Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return topspin.

The LP will return different spin dependent upon which rubber it is, who's using it, how they've used it and what the incoming spin is.

I suspect that in the videos we've seen, players net the ball against Chtchetinine not because he's putting heavy backspin on his LP pushes but because they think it's float or even topspin, so they're trying to "push down" - and end up pushing into the net because they needed to "push neutral" or even lift the ball a bit.

Smack. On. The. Money.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 21:50 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3126
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 788 times
Been thanked: 345 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
dunc wrote:
I suspect that in the videos we've seen, players net the ball against Chtchetinine not because he's putting heavy backspin on his LP pushes but because they think it's float or even topspin, so they're trying to "push down" - and end up pushing into the net because they needed to "push neutral" or even lift the ball a bit.


I disagree, dunc. They miss their attacking return (the opponent wants to attack the push) and they treat that push of Chtchetinine as light topspin.


Japsican wrote:
I spoke to the Lord of TT and he said he let this kid win because he is good friends with his mother.

Seriously tho, that guy had great control and consistency vs chop. That's the kind of player you have to attack nowadays.

What's up with his strange sides wipe lift serve return? I can't make sense of it.


This was a very tactical game to watch. Chtchetinine could have won this, but he lost the match in set 4.x
The kid had a good tactic: loopdrive anything, know what you send to the LPs, serve like you usually do, variety (expressed in e.g. that sideswipe push).
Chchetinine lost the match because he could readn't the kid's serves at some crucial moments. So the kid knew he couldn't read it at those moments.
Chtchetinine could have won the match by forcing the kid to loopdrive to his FH. He had real trouble because of the heavy backspin and variety.

That sideswipe thingy? A lot of side with a bit of under/nothing/top. A hell to return, but once returned it's a hell for the opposition too.


Roy wrote:
Good attack vs. defence game.


Thx for posting the video, Roy. :up:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2016, 15:24 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 17:01
Posts: 424
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: Joola CWX
FH: T05 2.1
BH: Sanwei Code 1.0
Table Tennis Challenger Series 2016 01.07 - Paul Gauzy Vs Evgueni Chtchetinine: Final



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2016, 08:32 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 11:04
Posts: 623
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 77 times
Blade: DMS Destroyer
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: Transformer 1.5 mm
here is a game of my friend Josip Huzjak versus Evgueni Chtchetinine...if you have the patience to watch :lol: (you can safely skip until 27th min when time finally run out)

he is our contact for the interview...


_________________
My TT blog
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2016, 22:59 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1705
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: Barricuda 2.0
BH: Dornenglanz OX
I saw the Huzjak match! He played him really well! I think Chtchetinine let him win however, because we all know Chtchet is the greatest athlete to ever play sports.

Question, can you find out what Huzjak plays? And, in addition to a Chtchet interview, perhaps he could come here and answer a few questions? Top 300 WR guy would be interesting to speak to!

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Comprehensive Thin Inverted Rubbers DBRating: 1615


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2016, 06:08 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 11:04
Posts: 623
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 77 times
Blade: DMS Destroyer
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: Transformer 1.5 mm
he is playing with same custom blade as Chtchetinine from some german guy... globe 999 on FH, 1.2 with custom sponge, and curl p1 on BH with some sponge...

i will ask him if he wanna answer some questions :) we played in the same club...i regulary beat him until he surpased us all and went to Germany to play for money... :up:

_________________
My TT blog
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 22:19 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1705
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: Barricuda 2.0
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Wow ICE! That sure says something about your level.

And I'm shocked he uses thin sponge on the FH...I cant make that work...

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Comprehensive Thin Inverted Rubbers DBRating: 1615


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2016, 05:37 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 11:04
Posts: 623
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 77 times
Blade: DMS Destroyer
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: Transformer 1.5 mm
He was a strong attacker with his FH, playing with t05...
But since he went to Germany he started playing with much stronger players which didn't give him much attack opportunities so he went to slowest possible custom wood with slow tacky rubber so he can defend better... He tried lots of sponge variations until he found a balance where he can defend well but still attack when occasionally needed...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

_________________
My TT blog
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 06:56 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1705
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: Barricuda 2.0
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Live stream vs Vyborny
https://youtu.be/KgRpzs2Lh7k

Not sure how legit it is...but the comments say 7/15 at 10:10am

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Comprehensive Thin Inverted Rubbers DBRating: 1615


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 02:22 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1705
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Blade: Stiga Allround Carbon
FH: Barricuda 2.0
BH: Dornenglanz OX
These were posted on youtube 2 hours ago....not sure if they are that recent. I know he's played Vostes before.


Vs. Vostes


Vs. Hanak

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Comprehensive Thin Inverted Rubbers DBRating: 1615


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 03:16 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3126
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 788 times
Been thanked: 345 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
Japsican wrote:
These were posted on youtube 2 hours ago....not sure if they are that recent. I know he's played Vostes before.


They are probably recent. The Challenger Series is played every week with a limited amount of players: among them Chtchetinine, Vostes, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: