OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 14 May 2016, 23:17 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Roy wrote:
Good attack vs. defence game.

I spoke to the Lord of TT and he said he let this kid win because he is good friends with his mother.

Seriously tho, that guy had great control and consistency vs chop. That's the kind of player you have to attack nowadays.

What's up with his strange sides wipe lift serve return? I can't make sense of it.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 06:18 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
What's up with his strange sides wipe lift serve return? I can't make sense of it.

Simon Gauzy plays the same shot.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 09:05 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
manofan wrote:
Sometimes when i push a push with my p1r people net it...
Idk if its because is underspin or if is so dead that the ball just drops... :lol:

You definitely can generate backspin with P1-R, even against backspin - it's never a lot though. I've tested this time and time again against my robot, even playing full chopping motions (on a push) with really loose wrist.

Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return float. You hear them say "come on, you knew that was float" - it wasn't, it was topspin, which is why you pushed off the table. Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return topspin.

The LP will return different spin dependent upon which rubber it is, who's using it, how they've used it and what the incoming spin is.

I suspect that in the videos we've seen, players net the ball against Chtchetinine not because he's putting heavy backspin on his LP pushes but because they think it's float or even topspin, so they're trying to "push down" - and end up pushing into the net because they needed to "push neutral" or even lift the ball a bit.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 09:09 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Japsican wrote:
I spoke to the Lord of TT and he said he let this kid win because he is good friends with his mother.

Seriously tho, that guy had great control and consistency vs chop. That's the kind of player you have to attack nowadays.

I'd like to see how that guy got on against Chtch without boost :D

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 11:59 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
dunc wrote:
manofan wrote:
Sometimes when i push a push with my p1r people net it...
Idk if its because is underspin or if is so dead that the ball just drops... :lol:

You definitely can generate backspin with P1-R, even against backspin - it's never a lot though. I've tested this time and time again against my robot, even playing full chopping motions (on a push) with really loose wrist.

Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return float. You hear them say "come on, you knew that was float" - it wasn't, it was topspin, which is why you pushed off the table. Some non-LP players think that pushing vs. LP will return topspin.

The LP will return different spin dependent upon which rubber it is, who's using it, how they've used it and what the incoming spin is.

I suspect that in the videos we've seen, players net the ball against Chtchetinine not because he's putting heavy backspin on his LP pushes but because they think it's float or even topspin, so they're trying to "push down" - and end up pushing into the net because they needed to "push neutral" or even lift the ball a bit.

Smack. On. The. Money.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 May 2016, 21:50 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
dunc wrote:

I disagree, dunc. They miss their attacking return (the opponent wants to attack the push) and they treat that push of Chtchetinine as light topspin.

Japsican wrote:

This was a very tactical game to watch. Chtchetinine could have won this, but he lost the match in set 4.x
The kid had a good tactic: loopdrive anything, know what you send to the LPs, serve like you usually do, variety (expressed in e.g. that sideswipe push).
Chchetinine lost the match because he could readn't the kid's serves at some crucial moments. So the kid knew he couldn't read it at those moments.
Chtchetinine could have won the match by forcing the kid to loopdrive to his FH. He had real trouble because of the heavy backspin and variety.

That sideswipe thingy? A lot of side with a bit of under/nothing/top. A hell to return, but once returned it's a hell for the opposition too.

Roy wrote:
Good attack vs. defence game.

Thx for posting the video, Roy. :up:

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2016, 15:24 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Table Tennis Challenger Series 2016 01.07 - Paul Gauzy Vs Evgueni Chtchetinine: Final

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2016, 08:32 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
here is a game of my friend Josip Huzjak versus Evgueni Chtchetinine...if you have the patience to watch :lol: (you can safely skip until 27th min when time finally run out)

he is our contact for the interview...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2016, 22:59 

I saw the Huzjak match! He played him really well! I think Chtchetinine let him win however, because we all know Chtchet is the greatest athlete to ever play sports.

Question, can you find out what Huzjak plays? And, in addition to a Chtchet interview, perhaps he could come here and answer a few questions? Top 300 WR guy would be interesting to speak to!

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2016, 06:08 
Super User

he is playing with same custom blade as Chtchetinine from some german guy... globe 999 on FH, 1.2 with custom sponge, and curl p1 on BH with some sponge...

i will ask him if he wanna answer some questions :) we played in the same club...i regulary beat him until he surpased us all and went to Germany to play for money... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 22:19 

Wow ICE! That sure says something about your level.

And I'm shocked he uses thin sponge on the FH...I cant make that work...

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2016, 05:37 
Super User

He was a strong attacker with his FH, playing with t05...
But since he went to Germany he started playing with much stronger players which didn't give him much attack opportunities so he went to slowest possible custom wood with slow tacky rubber so he can defend better... He tried lots of sponge variations until he found a balance where he can defend well but still attack when occasionally needed...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 06:56 

Live stream vs Vyborny
https://youtu.be/KgRpzs2Lh7k

Not sure how legit it is...but the comments say 7/15 at 10:10am

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 02:22 

These were posted on youtube 2 hours ago....not sure if they are that recent. I know he's played Vostes before.

Vs. Vostes

Vs. Hanak

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 03:16 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Japsican wrote:
These were posted on youtube 2 hours ago....not sure if they are that recent. I know he's played Vostes before.

They are probably recent. The Challenger Series is played every week with a limited amount of players: among them Chtchetinine, Vostes, etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next