OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 00:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Rick Anderson wrote:
speedplay wrote:
why are you wasting JJ's time? He could probably beat you left handed, blindfolded and one foot in a bucket!

jj was gracious enough to stop by our club a few yrs back to put on a table tennis demonstration. a fun and exciting time was had by all.

one of the things i realized when i saw jj play was that he could probably beat most players playing blindfolded, with his left hand and with one foot in a bucket.

2 time world champs are funny that way

8)

Yr not by any means the only guy around here who has played with and against top chinese players. Chen Xin Hua lived and played in England for a while. The only reason you have a 'holier than thou' approach to JJ is probably because he's the only w/class player you have had on the other end of the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 00:55 

speedplay wrote:
Somehow, your use of words made me think that you practised against him regularly, which would be a wast of time too both of you.

speed

anything done with an incorrect attitude is a waste of time..

rest assured that jj and myself would both leave every single practice a better person for having practiced against one another with the right attitude.

table tennis aside, his english and my cantonese would improve and that alone would make it a worthwhile endeavor

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 01:00 

Dark horse wrote:
Yr not by any means the only guy around here who has played with and against top chinese players

dh

thanks for stating the obvious. it's called "sharing".

feel free to share some of your moments with some of the players you've played with....i for one would be interested in how your game improved as a result of having played just about anybody

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 01:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Rick Anderson wrote:
Dark horse wrote:
Yr not by any means the only guy around here who has played with and against top chinese players

dh

feel free to share some of your moments with some of the players you've played with....i for one would be interested in how your game improved as a result of having played just about anybody

8)

Aside from having a friendly tap about against a past it world champ, i've had the honour to 'learn' much from the many international players I've had the other end of the table in real matchplay, both in tournaments and league play. Its hard to share so many years experience unless you are more specific, ask away......

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 01:59 

Dark horse wrote:
Rick Anderson wrote:
Dark horse wrote:

dh

8)

Aside from having a friendly tap about against a past it world champ, i've had the honour to 'learn' much from the many international players I've had the other end of the table in real matchplay, both in tournaments and league play. Its hard to share so many years experience unless you are more specific, ask away......

dh

sure...who was the former world champ you had a 'tap about' with?

how hard was he trying..how hard were you trying and how did your game improve, if at all, after having hit with him?

tx

r

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 02:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I've practiced with a former world champ many times and played him on competition, The results are in my favour to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 02:19 

Dark horse wrote:
I've practiced with a former world champ many times and played him on competition, The results are in my favour to date.

dh

whats the guys name?

rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 07:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Rick Anderson wrote:
Dark horse wrote:

dh

whats the guys name?

rick

I've also beaten (in real competition) a former European mens singles champion. I'm up for work in 5 hours, got to go 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 08:10 

Dark horse wrote:
Rick Anderson wrote:
Dark horse wrote:

dh

whats the guys name?

rick

I've also beaten (in real competition) a former European mens singles champion

i guess we will just have to talk your word for it...ahem

im off to the club now to spank the maestro, he heads back to sweden in a couple of days...the only difference between you and i is that I will post a video of it

:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!