OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 16:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
This is a review of a Tibhar instructional DVD titled "Basic Exercises in Table Tennis Training." The video is listed at 40 minutes long and contains 81 on table exercises performed by some high level juniors, as well as some off table exercises for beginners.

As a player who spends a lot of time drilling with a robot due to a lack of local players, this video is a treasure trove of different ideas to program into the 'bot. Production values are basic but quite acceptable. One camera angle per exercise along with titles and narration.

I liked the clear demonstrations of the various stroke combinations that emphasized proper footwork.

Almost all of the drills were topspin vs topspin, so as a backhand pip player, many were of limited value unless I wanted to practice heavy twiddling. Still, as a player always looking to take my loop up another notch, there is plenty here to sink my teeth into.

Maybe a dozen of the drills at most involved some type of pushing, but no defensive shots or drills were included between the talented top-spinning atomatons performing the demonstrations.

I think this video would be a great training aid for teachers, juniors and double inverted players, as well as anyone looking for robot drill ideas.

This is the Table of Contents:

Adaptation Exercises:
Introduction
Balancing
Rebounding
Bounce on the Floor
Hitting

On Table Exercises For Attackers:
Introduction
Basic Schematic Exercises
Exercises For Linking Basic Strokes
Footwork Exercises
Half-Scheme Exercises
Exercises Without Scheme
Exercises With Service

I would give this DVD, produced in Zagreb, Croatia in 2006 and narrated in English, three stars.

I bought it at tabletennisdirect.com for £13.99.

I also picked up a companion volume titled "Table Tennis Physical Preparation" that I will review at a later date.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 21:43 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

mynamenotbob wrote:
This is a review of a Tibhar instructional DVD titled "Basic Exercises in Table Tennis Training." The video is listed at 40 minutes long and contains 81 on table exercises performed by some high level juniors, as well as some off table exercises for beginners.

As a player who spends a lot of time drilling with a robot due to a lack of local players, this video is a treasure trove of different ideas to program into the 'bot. Production values are basic but quite acceptable. One camera angle per exercise along with titles and narration.

I liked the clear demonstrations of the various stroke combinations that emphasized proper footwork.

Almost all of the drills were topspin vs topspin, so as a backhand pip player, many were of limited value unless I wanted to practice heavy twiddling. Still, as a player always looking to take my loop up another notch, there is plenty here to sink my teeth into.

Maybe a dozen of the drills at most involved some type of pushing, but no defensive shots or drills were included between the talented top-spinning atomatons performing the demonstrations.

I think this video would be a great training aid for teachers, juniors and double inverted players, as well as anyone looking for robot drill ideas.

This is the Table of Contents:

Adaptation Exercises:
Introduction
Balancing
Rebounding
Bounce on the Floor
Hitting

On Table Exercises For Attackers:
Introduction
Basic Schematic Exercises
Exercises For Linking Basic Strokes
Footwork Exercises
Half-Scheme Exercises
Exercises Without Scheme
Exercises With Service

I would give this DVD, produced in Zagreb, Croatia in 2006 and narrated in English, three stars.

I bought it at tabletennisdirect.com for £13.99.

I also picked up a companion volume titled "Table Tennis Physical Preparation" that I will review at a later date.

It sounds useful!

Is the TTPP a DVD or book?

I really feel for you MNNB as you are so keen and helpful, but live so far away from regular TT access, i hope your situation will improve in the future!
How often are you able to play opponents these days?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 01:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

mozzy wrote:
It sounds useful!

Is the TTPP a DVD or book?

I really feel for you MNNB as you are so keen and helpful, but live so far away from regular TT access, i hope your situation will improve in the future!
How often are you able to play opponents these days?

It's a DVD. I play once a week. Closest club is 50-70 mile drive each way. The 70 mile route is faster.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:22 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
HI NotBob, the values of San Diego homes are getting lower and lower, why don't you move here and we can play everyday, you block, I attack and we can trade pips and DVDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:30 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

tatlwai wrote:
HI NotBob, the values of San Diego homes are getting lower and lower, why don't you move here and we can play everyday, you block, I attack and we can trade pips and DVDs.

My parents live in Los Angeles. Maybe next time I visit I can take a side trip over to your famous garage.

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:32 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
tatlwai wrote:

My parents live in Los Angeles. Maybe next time I visit I can take a side trip over to your famous garage.

Can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 15:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Here's some snips from the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5xjAf1ZLio

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 03:51 
Super User

Looks great. Thanks NB!

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 10:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice review, cheers mynamenotbob! Definitely sounds worthwhile.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!