OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 07:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have been watching He Ze When for years, he is IMO the best player against Chop there has ever been, and I mean ever, Infact I would love to know what Chopper/defensive players he's ever lost to throughout the history of his game, I strongly suspect its virtually none, I can't see what they could possibly do to beat him, he reads everything, and is soooo patient, he's so quick they can't hit him even when he makes a mistake, he is in my book the definate, supreme master of playing against chopper/defensive players. I Watched him play Syed live at Manchester in the worlds, he was awsome, there was now way Syed had a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 07:38 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I think he lost to that Wang Xi from north korea, but it was the first time they met... Was it at the olympics?

Sorry I cant be more helpful as I very rarely watch table tennis matches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 08:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

metal monkey wrote:
I think he lost to that Wang Xi from north korea, but it was the first time they met... Was it at the olympics?

Sorry I cant be more helpful as I very rarely watch table tennis matches.

If so, that was really rare Metal monkey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008, 19:17 

Blade: Alligator Combi
FH: Blufire JP01 Turbo
BH: Donic Spike P2 0X
Wang Xi is Chinese. He is tall with a very aggressive forehand.

He has some videos in youtube(hopefully it isn't removed yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008, 00:24 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Watching Jang Song Man at the Olympics, I think, with more experience and a slighty more aggressive play, he can become the second Joo on the World Ranking. Off course, his style is different from Joo's, but it has equal potential.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008, 00:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

He lost to Jang in that match too. Agree he's very good against defense, patient takes control of the point and understands what and what not too hit. Didn't see too many flat hits though. Les Haslam (big and tall with a long reach who played a while ago) was a nightmare for a defender because he just killed pretty much everything.

Speedplay He Zhi When's got a lot of control. It's hard for Jang to step around because He Zhi When is so paient and waits so well he could expose Jang on the angles were he to try this, plus Jangs hit is probably not as penetrating or well placed as either Weixing or Joo's.
I think Jang does well to take the initiative when he can (he's really got to do this early in the point or he's pushed away and his hit becomes less effective. Jang's just got to vary his spin, pace and placement to force an error. If as a defender you do this every ball you keep an attacker alert. Since He Zhi When is not hurting Jang with his loops, it gives Jang the chance to set up a disguise (Similar to a bowler in cricket bowling 17 away swingers and then bringing one back). This is why Jang may be just been seen to chop everything back. He Zhi When really limits Jang's options and loose balls would be punished. It seems a case of can Jang force an error before he puts one up enough for He Zhi When to finish the point.

Lorre I'd like to see his hit become a little more penetrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008, 03:21 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
antipip wrote:
He lost to Jang in that match too. Agree he's very good against defense, patient takes control of the point and understands what and what not too hit. Didn't see too many flat hits though. Les Haslam (big and tall with a long reach who played a while ago) was a nightmare for a defender because he just killed pretty much everything.

Speedplay He Zhi When's got a lot of control. It's hard for Jang to step around because He Zhi When is so paient and waits so well he could expose Jang on the angles were he to try this, plus Jangs hit is probably not as penetrating or well placed as either Weixing or Joo's.
I think Jang does well to take the initiative when he can (he's really got to do this early in the point or he's pushed away and his hit becomes less effective. Jang's just got to vary his spin, pace and placement to force an error. If as a defender you do this every ball you keep an attacker alert. Since He Zhi When is not hurting Jang with his loops, it gives Jang the chance to set up a disguise (Similar to a bowler in cricket bowling 17 away swingers and then bringing one back). This is why Jang may be just been seen to chop everything back. He Zhi When really limits Jang's options and loose balls would be punished. It seems a case of can Jang force an error before he puts one up enough for He Zhi When to finish the point.

Lorre I'd like to see his hit become a little more penetrating.

Nice analysis and I totally agree with it. I think Jang has the talent to develop a more penetrating forhand. Let us hope so for the modern defensive type of play...

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that