OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:26 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

here will be a few videos of the first cup match this season

apologies in advance, i just couldnt be arsed editing the clips to make them shorter, it consumes too much time

first clip ( half of this one is out of focus and ive no idea why. cos it was fine when i set up at the start skip to 7min mark)

second

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 08:29 
Hard Justice

Looks like a very atmospheric place to play, though I bet the people directly above and below you go nuts!

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 22:46 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Hi mate just some quick things to help you along
1.be ready to recieve serves ie get lower and get into a ready position, you give away too many points by sticking your arm out
2.when attacking with your forehand you stand a bit straight-on so try and get a bit sideways and twist your waist
3. you relax when you had a good lead so keep the pressure on
4. you did a few great backhands in the last game but seldom at other times , keep using it early in the games to get your eye in
5. learn to play the player so in this game .... some more topspin long to his backand as he only pushed or stuck his arm out and it the latter parts of the games you lost, you should have kept the ball away from his forehand to reduce his attacks
6. some footwork would have helped you attack more as you were flat footed at times

I can see that you will benifit more by playing in a higher grade also get help with your forehand penhold attack , ie some coaching or training with higher level players, just to learn top of the ball drives and loop attacks so it becomes a natural part of your game.
keep up the good work

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 00:13 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

that place is a actually the building for the Tennis Club that is just outside. and its a rather crappy place to play at. floor too slippy( thats why i was wetting my soles every so often)
the lighting isnt great either also their table hasnt got great feel either

we won 7-2 so thats ok.. then its on to the final :O which is kinda lame to only play one game and have a final...

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 00:21 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

rodderz wrote:
Hi mate just some quick things to help you along
1.be ready to recieve serves ie get lower and get into a ready position, you give away too many points by sticking your arm out
2.when attacking with your forehand you stand a bit straight-on so try and get a bit sideways and twist your waist
3. you relax when you had a good lead so keep the pressure on
4. you did a few great backhands in the last game but seldom at other times , keep using it early in the games to get your eye in
5. learn to play the player so in this game .... some more topspin long to his backand as he only pushed or stuck his arm out and it the latter parts of the games you lost, you should have kept the ball away from his forehand to reduce his attacks
6. some footwork would have helped you attack more as you were flat footed at times

I can see that you will benifit more by playing in a higher grade also get help with your forehand penhold attack , ie some coaching or training with higher level players, just to learn top of the ball drives and loop attacks so it becomes a natural part of your game.
keep up the good work

thanks rodderz
i tend to get very relaxed when playing lower level players, also the old fella i was playing he just does my head in with his impatient serves and "illegal serves" a lot of them go straight out of his hand..

ive already sussed out his BH weakness, i was just trying to beat him at his own game :P.

as for footwork. it was imposible it was too damn slippy, didnt want to break my neck, or arm and then brake the other players arm cos they refused to play at our club...

as for the FH, again its to do with playing weaker players and forgetting how to play..

there is another competition on in Carlow this sat, ill be going to that, gonna get a few moar clips playing much better players. probably some Carlow University players as well, who have recently won the University/Colleges League. they have some amazing players one french guy whose serve is so weird and imposible to read